Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Parts of northeast Montana are looking pretty good right now.

I love our local police.

I have never had a post hole digger stolen, and I'm guessing tractors just ain't cool enough to herd up the hot chicks .......

I know of tractors being stolen on the rez.

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One of my buds with APD worked with the accused officer. He said the officer is a "solid" guy.

It's sickening what they're doing to that guy.

It’s sick what politicians and the media are doing to every cop who ever had a rough tumbler with a black persons.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JB in SC
My nephew is an ER surgeon in a downtown ATL hospital, he was called in last night to perform a spinal surgery (8 hours), he sent us a text this am that the cops had walked off the job at his location.

Good.

Amen.
And if the docs and nurses cant be protected in hospitals, MOST of them should get blue flu.

Let the goons go ape

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Parts of northeast Montana are looking pretty good right now.

I love our local police.

I have never had a post hole digger stolen, and I'm guessing tractors just ain't cool enough to herd up the hot chicks .......

I know of tractors being stolen on the rez.

Most members of BLM dont want to touch a post hole digger and wouldn't be able to steal a tractor if they had the keys.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

On one hand, I don't blame them. On the other, protect and serve is out the window. If you're in the Army it's called desertion. Cops are always talking about "civilians" like they themselves are military or something. Sorry but some of this stuff looks like when the going gets tough, cops quit.

As I see it, it's not the cops who are deserting, it's their so-called leaders who are the ones deserting them. The Mayors and prosecutors betraying the police doesn't leave them much choice but to walk out.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only reason tools of any kind get stolen is to be pawned- - - - -nobody believes the thieving scum are going to do a lick of work with them!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some of y'all should re-think this. Who do you think will rebuild all the stuff they'll destroy when the police stand down? As Stick would say..."hint". Already the Minneapolis Mayor is calling for state and fed money to rebuild after they're doing away with their police force. I personally don't want to pay for the damage. Also, none of this will bode well for 2nd Amendment rights, in the end.

I don't have any answers and if the mob comes for you, you gotta do what you gotta do. Losing all you've got because you can't pay the tax bill though is about as harsh as it being burnt up.

Yeah,...the blacks are going to run crazy. But what else do you do if you're a cop?

They're calling in sick today. They'll be finding other jobs later.

It's going to be difficult to replace them.

Sorry but some of this stuff looks like when the going gets tough, cops quit.

Having a job that puts you at risk for going to prison is a bad career.

A cop in prison is as close to hell on Earth as it gets. Let the 'boo's live in their "gangsta paradise" if that's what they want.

As for the "good people" who live in those places,..either leave or don't. But don't ask a cop to risk going to prison for protecting you from the 'boo's while you live there.

They're not paid enough to do that.

I think you totally misunderstood what I said. I didn't ask any cop to do jack shixt for me.

I didn't say you did.

Yes, you did.

"But don't ask a cop to risk going to prison for protecting you from the 'boo's while you live there."

I'm not asking cops to do anything for me, nor for anybody else. I'm pointing out that there are those who can't move and who need help, yet one cop gets charged and everybody quits. What about all the "protect and serve" jive?

You cannot “protect and serve “ when you’re in total free fall because you have no foundational support beneath you. Your exposure and your family’s exposure is priority 1.

It’s a simple fact that innocent people will suffer because of political leadership failures. The most vulnerable will be hurt and badly so.

Your concerns are commendable and they are spot on.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just don't believe the reports that say cops are leaving the job in protest. Simply not true. Nothing above the normal come and go figures. These are the same cops that willingly and eagerly have been enforcing the onerous mask and distancing rules. They make decent money, have families to support, and will stay on the job. Now they might not be so eager to enforce the law when it comes to criminal behavior, they might not show up when called out, but they will keep the paycheck. They WILL though, respond and arrest any people that oppose antifa or BLM. They are certain that the good guys won't be shooting them, and if they have to shoot one of the evil conservatives, there will be no riots, and no censure from the brass.

That's a good story, but I'm not sold. Everybody with any integrity has a line they won't cross. If you are one of those people, you may not advertise it, but you have identified that line in advance. I've never been in LE, but in my profession, there were certain lines that I simply would not cross even at the threat of losing my job. A few times, I had to stop there and call somebody's bluff. A couple times, that line loomed but never presented. But rest assured, those lines would not have been crossed. I was fully aware of what that might risk, but it didn't matter.

I don't think I'm so special. And if that line for me was the point (which it would be, at least) where my leaders were stabbing my brothers in the back, and especially just as likely to do the same to me, it would be an easy decision.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The white cops who are leaving the job in Atlanta are just correcting a mistake they made.

You definitely can't be a white cop in a black dominated city.

In fact, once a city becomes more than 15% black, it's not a decent place for white people to live.

Minneapolis is 18% black and they've destroyed it for all eternity.

GeoW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
^^ This!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

As I see it, it's not the cops who are deserting, it's their so-called leaders who are the ones deserting them. The Mayors and prosecutors betraying the police doesn't leave them much choice but to walk out.

The protests here have been pretty small potatoes, but the local police association wrote a letter of complaint to the mayor. Some claim that command staff told them to go easy on the protesters, but issue citations and generally go harder on the counter protesters.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wonder how may of those here criticizing the officers for walking away, would put up with the same relative treatment in their professions that these guys are now facing. The job has always been hard but now it’s getting to the point where it’s untenable. Good luck recruiting new cops to replace the numbers that will unquestionably be leaving in the future. Especially in the blue city schidt holes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I wonder how may of those here criticizing the officers for walking away, would put up with the same relative treatment in their professions that these guys are now facing. The job has always been hard but now it’s getting to the point where it’s untenable. Good luck recruiting new cops to replace the numbers that will unquestionably be leaving in the future. Especially in the blue city schidt holes.
Nobody's forcing anybody to be a cop.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Not saying they are. But when you hire someone to do a job under certain conditions then change those conditions mid stream, you shouldn’t criticize them for walking away from the job. YMMV...

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You can’t blame them for walking off. They are asked to do a thankless, dangerous job by their communities and then the leadership throws them under the bus.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Monroe Louisiana is 80% Black!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walking off en mass is an incredibly strong statement. I would hate to see innocent lives lost due to this, but I hope they do it and the leadership caves and is forced to make a mea culpa in their rush to judgement.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Nope, but historically many honest. talented people have chosen that profession because it was an interesting, challenging career w/ a serious purpose that served the communities in which they lived. The risk vs. reward component is shifting rapidly in many places and many good folks will choose to find other careers. This will not improve our society.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Monroe Louisiana is 80% Black!

63.4% black with a crime index almost 3X the national average in a small city of 48,000 people,...had 18 murders in 2015. It's only slightly larger than the small town that's the county seat here. It's 83% white here,..6.8% black. 2 murders a year is big news here. On average we have about 1 murder a year. Most years there's no murders at all..

http://www.city-data.com/city/Monroe-Louisiana.html

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,254
Posts18,467,002
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.