Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've heard people say they don't like the taste of beer or liquor, or that it's an aquired taste, but I'm the only person I know that doens't drink coffee. Never saw the attraction.

Ever been to Utah? grin

I've encountered a surprising number of non-Mormons in Utah who don't drink, including a new neighbor that just moved in this morning. When in Rome do as the Romans??

One of my doctors, who is a serious foodie, told me that the reason restaurant prices are high here is because they don't sell much alcohol, and that's where they make their money. Don't sell much wine and beer? Raise the price of chicken. Makes sense.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I only drink coffee in the morning and afternoon.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't drink coffee. Never developed a taste for it. I've tried a few times, gives me diarrhea and I don't need that. I drink a soda pop occasionally, maybe once or twice a week, but I drink ice tea (unsweetened). Actually I don't drink any alcohol either. Just don't see a need for it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I've heard people say they don't like the taste of beer or liquor, or that it's an aquired taste, but I'm the only person I know that doens't drink coffee. Never saw the attraction.

I can see it giving me heartburn

Last edited by hanco; 06/18/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't drink coffee at all. Never have. Like the smell but that's it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
.....but I'm the only person I know that doesn't drink coffee. Never saw the attraction.

Coffee is a no-go for me.

Caffeine does not affect me at all. It does not prevent me from sleeping nor does it help me to wake up. I drink iced Black Tea unsweet, about 3 quarts between 1700-2100 every night, & I sleep like a baby.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I like coffee (either black or traditionally prepared Turkish coffee), but it has a weird effect on me. Puts me to sleep.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't like how it tastes either, but I like the buzz. I never touched the stuff until I got into industry and then I'd have a Styrofoam cup with a customer just to be sociable. Then pretty soon I didn't even need the customer anymore. Don't let anyone tell you that coffee isn't a drug. I started with that mini cup and worked my way up to about a pot full. Then the doc measured my blood pressure and between that and Sweetness, I'm on half caff which only means that I need to drink twice as much to get the proper buzz. My cup is more like a small porcelain pail with a handle. They never found much wrong with coffee and last week public radio told me that 3-4 cup a day coffee drinkers have less heart attacks and strokes.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am 53 and have never tasted coffee in my life

not a big deal to me, just never liked the smell and I assumed if you have to put sugar in it, its bitter as hell.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Never drank coffee. Made it thru 6 yrs of college, then 20 yrs in the Army without it, never saw any point in starting it after that.

IC B3

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I don't and my wife don't.

We don't have any in the house for visitors, they have to bring their own I guess.

When I was in the Navy, Fast Attack subs, down under for 55+ days, there was only
coffee or Bugs Bunny Kool-Aid to drink after all the fresh stuff was gone. {about 10 days]

To this day I don't drink coffee or Kool-Aid.

Now when we pulled into Gitmo for a day or two, Rum by the bottle was only $1. Yeah, that's
right. Had to take your chances getting it on board and well hidden. It happens.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Don't drink coffee, never have.
Like the smell of it brewing though

Hot tea, yes.
Iced tea.............hell no.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/18/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd say the reason many don't like coffee is that the only thing they have had is chitty coffee.

Caffeine built Western Civilization. Thank Ahab the Arab for that.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't drink it. I like brownies made with it and I can drink it with hot chocolate mixed in but it really isn't coffee at that point. Don't like hot beverages in general. It's one of the many things that causes kidney stones so I probably won't be starting.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell yes I drink coffee, one of my favorite things to do is stroll through the kitchen about mid day and drink the old cold leftover coffee straight from the pot, it's damn good ground up with a face full of almonds and dark chocolate.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't drink it either. I do like the smell of it brewing, but not the taste.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by bucktail
Don't drink it. I like brownies made with it and I can drink it with hot chocolate mixed in but it really isn't coffee at that point. Don't like hot beverages in general. It's one of the many things that causes kidney stones so I probably won't be starting.

Kidney stones..............pfffft, it's cool when your pecker turns into a rifle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, that didn't take long, to make this thread about you !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A lot of my ancestors came from Norway, so we drink a lot of coffee.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Do ya know any mormons ?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.