Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/every-atlanta-police-department-officer-to-receive-500-bonus

ATLANTA - Every officer of the Atlanta Police Department will receive a $500 bonus Thursday paid for by the Atlanta Police Foundation, the organization confirmed to FOX 5.

The bonus is a thank you for the work and long hours during the COVID-19 pandemic in addition to recent protests and demonstrations, the foundation told FOX 5.

"In an effort to stem attrition and boost morale, we issued a $500 bonus to each Atlanta Police Department officer today," the Atlanta Police Foundation released in a statement.

In addition to the $500 bonus, APF said it will be providing meals to officers working 12-hour shifts. It will also be repairing more than 20 patrol cars destroyed in the recent riots as well as police bicycles and UTV units.

The foundation said it was leading a strategy to build a framework for police reform, which it plans to present in the coming weeks to the mayor and City Council.

"The plan will reflect the ideas of a broad array of law enforcement, business, social justice, and community experts. It will identify standards of operational excellence and reflect best practices from successful public safety programs across the nation, including some of our own work in Atlanta," the APF statement continued.

The announcement of the bonus comes at a difficult time for APD. Fulton County prosecutors brought felony murder and other charges against the now ex-officer who shot Rayshard Brooks, saying that Brooks was not a deadly threat and that the officer kicked the wounded black man and offered no medical treatment for over two minutes as he lay dying on the ground. Another officer is being charged with aggravated assault.

City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low.

Atlanta’s police department reassured residents Thursday that it can still protect the city even though officers were calling out in larger numbers than normal, a day after prosecutors announced charges.

There had been reports that Atlanta police officers were walking off the job or calling in sick in protest of the charges against ex-officer Garrett Rolfe and officer Devin Brosnan. The APD said in a Tweet that it was experiencing a higher than usual number of officers calling out for their shifts but that, “We have enough resources to maintain operations & remain able to respond to incidents.”

The Atlanta Police Department is able to respond effectively to 911 calls. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have an emergency.

Atlanta's mayor said on CNN that many of the department’s partners had been notified just in case they needed to call others in but that “we are fine” (tonight) and that the true test would be on Thursday.

“If we have officers that don’t want bad officers weeded out the force then that’s another conversation we need to have,” Bottoms said.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t think they’ll be bought that cheaply !
I hope not !

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 06/18/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's about 2 hours worth of lawyer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Makes you wanna sing “Happy Days Are Here Again “, don’t it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
I don’t think they’ll be bought that cheaply !

That's what I'm thinking. I guess we'll see.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That's about 2 hours worth of lawyer.

you have cheap lawyers.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
$500 less than $350 after taxes. Don’t spend it all in one place.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would absolutely hate working in Atlanta

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by sgt217

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities. "Progressive and Chocolate" cities should thrive w/ that productive tax base. I see a land boom west of the Mississippi.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low."

No schit. And whose fault would that be?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities.

mike r

As much as I like to think that their stupid in reality it’s all part of the plan. Force the current law enforcement out and then rebuild it with the people that they want. Lots of commie leaning minorities and virtue signaling antifa types to act as their lapdogs. They’ve got the media, courts, politicians, and education system. Now they want the hand picked cops in their “reimagined law enforcement system”

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door. Most of these commie pukes aren’t rocket scientists but they’re damn good at gaming the system.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 06/18/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities.

mike r

As much as I like to think that their stupid in reality it’s all part of the plan. Force the current law enforcement out and then rebuild it with the people that they want. Lots of commie leaning minorities and virtue signaling antifa types to act as their lapdogs. They’ve got the media, courts, politicians, and education system. Now they want the hand picked cops in their “reimagined law enforcement system”

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door.

In another place and another time, they were called the KGB. Won't be much difference this time.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

There will soon be lots of openings there and similar cities. "Progressive and Chocolate" cities should thrive w/ that productive tax base. I see a land boom west of the Mississippi.

mike r

Best idea? Create a police force for every large democrat run city, staffed entirely with ni ne dar... blacks, and have it administered by a leadership team of que fa gs pole... homosexuals. I'm pretty darn sure I don't need to go to any of those places for the years I have left...

If we're gonna flush this grand experiment down the $h!tter, hell, let's make a "F"ing spectacle out of it... Have a laugh while it all burns down, and we have third world Toyota gun trucks as NYPD patrol cars in three months... I bet they turn native, declare themselves warlords of their Burroughs and cook and eat the queers in two months...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
$500 isn't worth putting up with the inner city scum.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Politicians will pander to anyone who stands up to them.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Good luck calling the police (or having them called on us) when it’s LeKisha or antifa with a badge showing up at the door. Most of these commie pukes aren’t rocket scientists but they’re damn good at gaming the system.
That is 100% THE TRUTH!

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an Atlanta cop, and I sure am not going to blame any that quit, but it will play out exactly as you say.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They could take back their city. Local tyrants are easy to find.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Atlanta. The new Chicago. I hope they laid in some body bags and refrigerated trucks.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Non workers get an extra $600 a week.

Bb

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Sprint11
"City officials, including Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms have stated that morale in the department is at a low."

No schit. And whose fault would that be?

She'll never take that blame.She will twist it up to "because of 1 bad apple"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.