Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Congrands Fotis Great spot. I shot my first moose in 25. West of Big Piney. That was years ago, Like to go back again someday. How many points did it take for you??

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deputy30
So after studying the draw odds is my reasoning correct?
We will use antelope in unit 1 as an example. The random draw non resident quote is 31, random draw non resident special is 19, and the random draw resident is 200. Then we look at preference point drawings and see that preference point non resident is 95 and preference point non resident special is 59. Adding those numbers together we get 404. Is that the total number of antelope licenses for unit 1?

The regs show the total quota for each area , 400 were alloted to area 1 and looks like a party app took it over the quota.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/April_REGULATIONS_CH5.pdf

We drew pronghorn, buck and doe
spouse drew LQ archery elk and whitetail
cow elk for both
general elk and deer for me and general deer for the spouse too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Fotis
Moose

Congrats! Do you mind sharing whether it is a cow or bull tag, the area, and how many points it took? We just about trip on them in the Snowies. One just smashed a picnic bench behind the cabin this past weekend.

Bull moose area 25 (PIG PINEY is where I will hunt)

Excellent. Good luck to you. I think I am at 19 points and probably will put in next year or the year after.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
What happened? Did everyone think COVID would drop demand and jump in under that (obviously false) assumption?

I felt like the potential travel issues coupled with high unemployment would cause demand to drop, but still structured my ap for what would have been a sure thing last year.

I hope this is a sign of general optimism in the economy!!!

Anybody have a suggestion for another place I could still apply?

Feels like F&G decided to go nuclear and keep the tag app fees for hunts this year with covid around.

I have no explanation for the lack of successful hits by many who play the points game better than most this season.

šŸ˜Ž

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Drew 73 buck tags, but no doe/fawn to go with it. Will be trying in the leftover drawing. Now I need to research the best time to go. Will be going with my 72 yo dad. Was hoping to draw 2nd or 3rd choice so I could keep my points for when the boy was outta college. Oh well, the most important thing is dad drew.

IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Well Iā€™ll be going into next season with 10 PPs for elk, deer, and pronghorn. If I didnā€™t have those deer points my group would have gotten our first choice. I gotta burn some next year; I may just split my deer points with a friend and go after a 4 point unit to make sure I burn em.

Either that or partner with a friend who has a point or two for pronghorn and do a week long hunt where I burn my 10 somewhere in the southwest of the state and he burns his in an AMU with which Iā€™m familiar further East.

The points thing, beyond a few, seems like an exercise in futility for everyone except the game agencies.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.