Print Thread
Hop To
#14980354 06/19/20
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
In the June issue of Handloader Brian Pierce reviewed the new Ruger EC9 CC 9mm and said that he thought it to be a pretty fair pistol for the price. I've kept my eye open for one but they are pretty high demand and not easy to come by. Stopped at the local Bass Pro last weekend and they just got 1/2 doz of them 249.95 + tax. Decided after handling it and trying it for pocket fit. I'd buy it. Just comes with 1 mag 7+1 deal but so far so good it does shoot nice , anyone else got one? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
BP-B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
All it is is a cheapened LC9S. Like you mentioned, it only comes with one mag and it doesn't have replaceable sights.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have both the EC9 and LC9 and have found them to be reliable an accurate (at 15 yards). I found a deal for a 3 pack of Ruger magazines on ebay, and carry these little beasties a lot.

Yes, the EC9 doesn't have the machining and sights of the LC9, but a Veridian laser took care of that issue. That, and some bright orange paint on the front sight.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
For a cheap gun so far I'm very impressed with it's accuracy and shootability. I don't care for 380's yet wanted a reliable front jean pocket gun that will take pocket wear and not lose a big chunk of value because of normal appearance wear. It shoots damn nice. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The EC9 is not a target pistol it's for personal defense. It gives people the option to have something when things turn bad. I have both the EC9 and the LC9pro and they are well worth what you pay. In fact I think they are really a good deal. We all know there are people who wouldn't carry anything if they had to carry something bigger. This gives them an option.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have one and love it. Bought mine two years ago at a budget gun shop for 231.00 out the door.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the best pistols in its class irrespective of price.
Only downside is lack of corrosion resistant finish, if that matters.

Last edited by night_owl; 06/19/20.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered two and I just picked them up last night. One for me and one for the wife.
I’ll be shooting them today. I had to pay $290 a piece shipped. Very few online dealers have them in stock and my couple local shops have been on back order for weeks.
I will say just from dry firing it the trigger isn’t bad at all. And the slide has rounded edges where needed. Should serve my purpose just fine.
I needed a holster so I ordered a Don Hume H715-M WCS IWB. I have the same holster for my Sig 365 and have grown found of it. And I’ve never been a IWB guy.
The holster is thin leather and it has the slide shield. If your looking for an IWB check this one out.
And it’s a molded fit, not one size fits all.

Last edited by HeavyLoad; 06/20/20.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Bought one when they came out. Works fine. Recently traded for a new glock 43 and like the grip shape better but not the angle. Of my three carry nines, the EC9S, the G43, and the Kahr CW9, I normally grab the EC. Truth be told, I'm more accurate with the Kahr but my support thumb tends to trip the mag release.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was able to pick up the optional 9+1 mag at a local LGS , it was $40 but I wanted a second mag and to satisfy my own curiosity on the ability to shoot it more accurately with a longer grip than the shorter one. So far I've only shot it at 7 yds with absolutely no reliability or accuracy issues. The ec9 is no cz75 compact but it does fit in the frt pocket of your jeans. I like the wide gap serations on the slide they give me a better grip for racking the slide. Uncle Arther does visit my hands. Some of the dbl stack mag guns I have are a real sob to load the mags, not so with these Ruger mags. The pistol you can carry without visibility or "printing" is worth more than all the others you have that can't be carried without invisibility and are left at home because of that. MB

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My primary carry has been the LC9 for a couple of years now. I like the way it shoots.

Cannot think of a reason that the EC9 wouldn't do just as well...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 72 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.