Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just ordered one for one of my Cooper 204's. 6oz. had to switch to left handed and the 6oz. range works better for me than 1.5lbs.
Feedback wanted form Jard owners.

MOLON LABE
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had one for a 700. I thought it was pretty trashy. The trigger pull would adjust down to about 4 ounces. The problem I had was that the whole trigger group / housing / assembly would visibly twist and distort when I was engaging and disengaging the safety. I was real concerned this would lead to an accidental discharge. For a while I used it with the safety off for testing loads in varmint rifles, then eventually gave it to a gunsmith friend to use the same way range-testing rifles he was building for customers.

I have a Jard 1 pound trigger assembly for a 10/22 which began life pretty darn good, as good or better than any other I've tested, but over time it has picked up some creep / somewhat excessive engagement. Right now it is sitting in a box as my .22 interests have shifted to bolt actions.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jard fire group on a 10-22 with Volquartsen barrel. I adjusted it to a nice pull, but it's not as good as a 10-22 trigger I built with Clark and Volquartsen parts, I even put a trigger stop using a padded screw from Brownells threaded into the rear trigger guard. Now, that trigger is great, the Jard is good. Note the Jard safety position at the rear of the trigger guard. I do like the larger trigger guard.

The scope was bought here on the Fire Classifieds from JB and is pictured in several articles by him. I like the A/O for shooting at my 50' indoor range set up in the attic over my garage and shop.

Below is the 10-22 with trigger I put together. It has a Clark (Walther) barrel, threaded with suppressor. That scope is also A/O equipped.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Jard fire group on a 10-22 with Volquartsen barrel. I adjusted it to a nice pull, but it's not as good as a 10-22 trigger I built with Clark and Volquartsen parts, I even put a trigger stop using a padded screw from Brownells threaded into the rear trigger guard. Now, that trigger is great, the Jard is good. Note the Jard safety position at the rear of the trigger guard. I do like the larger trigger guard.

The scope was bought here on the Fire Classifieds from JB and is pictured in several articles by him. I like the A/O for shooting at my 50' indoor range set up in the attic over my garage and shop.

Below is the 10-22 with trigger I put together. It has a Clark (Walther) barrel, threaded with suppressor. That scope is also A/O equipped.

DF

Saweeeeeeeeeet

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You’re a little late for advice if you already bought it! I have three or four of them in Coopers. I have the 2 oz version (simple spring change IIRC). They are a good trigger but watch the safety adjustment on them very carefully! Ive had a one creep to the point that the safety didn’t function anymore. I think you will be very happy with it.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks
I was looking for some long term feedback. As I have more Cooper P-Dog rifles. That might get the same treatment as I'm having sime issues because I've had to switch to left handed and don't handle a 1 1/2 lb trigger left handed as well as I used to fight handed.
Thank You
Brad

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Installed the trigger, will shoot it this afternoon. It sure feels nice.

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No experience to speak of from a Ruger 10/22, but I recently bought a Jard trigger for my Howa Mini action. It's back at the factory for the second time now with instructions to keep the junk and refund my money. Even after a factory repair it bleeds off poundage until it reaches 19oz and it started at 48oz. I won't give them another dime after this $130+ mistake!

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 338reddog, 358WCF, 36 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,156
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.