Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve loaded 1000s for ARs, never crimped a one. And they work perfectly.

NRA Patron
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just put forty rounds of 62 gr Fusions thru two 20 round PMAGs, no crimp, and no problem. Fired slow for groups, and three to four round bursts for checking function. Looks like no-crimp here. Thanks to all.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Kota
What is TIR? Also, is it required that you use "small base" dies for AR reloads?
Total Indicator Runout.
No.

Anything to the right of the 100ths place in overall length is irrelevant.

Yes sir. Total indicatior reading, but for run-out. I like straight ammo. It tends to shoot better than crooked chidt. Im running small base dies for my CLE chambers. Get good accuracy and good enough longevity out of my brass. Not that im too concerned about it. Brass is free around here.

If adding crimp reduces your indicated runout, you probably have something funky going on elsewhere in the loading process. Obviously we all like straight ammo for accuracy, but crimping isn't usually necessary or helpful.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Yondering
What is TIR? Also, is it required that you use "small base" dies for AR reloads?
Total Indicator Runout.
No.

Yes sir. Total indicatior reading, but for run-out. I like straight ammo. It tends to shoot better than crooked chidt. Im running small base dies for my CLE chambers. Get good accuracy and good enough longevity out of my brass. Not that im too concerned about it. Brass is free around here.

If adding crimp reduces your indicated runout, you probably have something funky going on elsewhere in the loading process. Obviously we all like straight ammo for accuracy, but crimping isn't usually necessary or helpful.

You are a fu cking idiot. That is an old trick to reduce run-out. It's also the way I set all of my dies and I get far better accuracy than most do here. How do you fare at shooting and accuracy? Until you can start proving you know what you are talking about, I'd suggest you shut the fu ck up.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yowser this escalated fast..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Wow! Evidently a couple of you guys don’t like each other!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 79S
Yowser this escalated fast..

BSA can be a little grumpy from time to time.

I suspect he just needs some range time to decompress.

Most of us could probably use some more range time.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I can't say I understand how crimping would reduce runout, nor do I recall having heard of it being a trick to do so. Maybe my memory is going.

I can see how if everything is just right it wouldn't harm runout.

One more thing to test ...

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by lastround

Wow! Evidently a couple of you guys don’t like each other!

Never had any problem with him before, but apparently do now, I guess?

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Total Indicator Runout.
No.

You are a fu cking idiot. That is an old trick to reduce run-out. It's also the way I set all of my dies and I get far better accuracy than most do here. How do you fare at shooting and accuracy? Until you can start proving you know what you are talking about, I'd suggest you shut the fu ck up.

Calm down Francis. That sure seems like a lot of anger to put into something so minor as crimping; maybe it's really about your need to prove that you're the best person here all the time?

If you can set that aside for a minute, could you explain how/why adding crimp straightens out a crooked round? Show us your runout numbers and explain what the mechanism is that straightens out the rounds when you crimp.

I could picture maybe if you've got a sticky expander ball pulling necks out of alignment, that adding a crimp might push the neck back down into place. Not sure what other mechanism could be responsible for the straightening.

Never experienced that phenomenon myself, but maybe that's because I can't shoot, like most everyone else here.

IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I see the village idiot is at it again.

Want to see him get really twisted? Ask him to prove up on all the elk he claims to kill.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Crickets.

If you can set that aside for a minute, could you explain how/why adding crimp straightens out a crooked round? Show us your runout numbers and explain what the mechanism is that straightens out the rounds when you crimp.

I could picture maybe if you've got a sticky expander ball pulling necks out of alignment, that adding a crimp might push the neck back down into place. Not sure what other mechanism could be responsible for the straightening.

Never experienced that phenomenon myself, but maybe that's because I can't shoot, like most everyone else here.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just checking back.

Originally Posted by SLM
Crickets.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I'd like to know what's up too, but guessing he realized his tantrum was unfounded and isn't willing to explain or apologize. Too bad.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd like to know what's up too, but guessing he realized his tantrum was unfounded and isn't willing to explain or apologize. Too bad.

I think it can be attributed to ass holes colliding.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NVhntr
No crimp.
2.25, or 2.255 oal. If you use metal ASC mags you can go to 2.3"

Lastround,

This is your answer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by NVhntr
No crimp.
2.25, or 2.255 oal. If you use metal ASC mags you can go to 2.3"

Lastround,

This is your answer.

Thanks to all.

Doug
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

That's pretty damned funny.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lol

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Checking in again.

Originally Posted by SLM
Crickets.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,200
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.