Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Cretch Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I would love to hear what Pat Tillman and his Family would have to say about this. Favre needs stfu.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bret...ll-be-recognized-a-hero-like-pat-tillman

Will Colin Kaepernick return to NFL?
Brett Favre puts Colin Kaepernick on a high pedestal.

The Hall of Fame quarterback said Kaepernick will receive “hero status” because he was willing to sacrifice his NFL career to protest racial inequality and social injustice. Favre compared him to the late Pat Tillman – the former Arizona Cardinals safety who left his football career to join the Army after Sept. 11.

“I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar,” Favre told TMZ Sports. “And, we regard him as a hero. So, I’d assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well.”
Tillman, who was killed in Afghanistan in 2004 by friendly fire, played four seasons in the league after being a seventh-round pick in the 1998 NFL Draft. He then decided to give up his NFL career to fight for the United States.

Last edited by Cretch; 06/21/20.

3825 24336
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dude was one of the best at slingin a football but he is either an idiot or a suck up or both.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

C
Cretch Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
As far a I am concerned, he just slapped the face of everyone who ever served.

3825 24336
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
still thinks he's relevant....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hits to the head are showing.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Krapernick is a piece of garbage. And I don't care how many times they deny it, it's about the flag and the anthem. They know it but don't have the balls to admit it.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The bottom line is IIRC that Kapernick isn’t actually that good, so he traded an unspectacular NFL career ultimately for a huge if short lived ad campaign by Nike.

Favre’s comment is just bizarre.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Prolly caught the White guilt virus like so many others.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Brett Farve....

JFC....

Wasnt he just recently involved in some charity money bullschitt also......

Now he is kissing boo azz also........

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The bottom line is IIRC that Kapernick isn’t actually that good, so he traded an unspectacular NFL career ultimately for a huge if short lived ad campaign by Nike.

As said above, too many shots to his head over the years.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Prolly caught the White guilt virus like so many others.

Either that or someone offered him a sweet endorsement deal in exchange for his comments.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
He was a mediocre quarterback set to go nowhere and end up a backup QB fluffing the 1st string on the sidelines.

As far as being like Tillman he has my vote to go find some friendly gunfire and I doubt he would have to go any further than CHAZ to find it 😁

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Favre still thinks he is relevant, like he relishes that picture of his junk.

A rabid Packer fan even.

Interceptions,when it counted.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only think of right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman is another guy that did something similar,” Favre told TMZ Sports.

Where did thst such random link come from?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
What a total POS, but pretty typical behavior for a pro narcissist, er, athlete

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a reason folks flock to Favre to get his take on things - and it's because Brett couldn't pour pi$$ out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel.

Looks like TMZ got what they wanted. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One guy gave up his NFL career and dies for the flag in an Afghanistan combat zone. The other was a guy with a fading career, who in an attempt to be relevant, pissed on the flag that Tillman died for. They're practically twins.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That has to be about the stupidest & the most distorted analogy I think I've ever heard.

Never been a really big Farve fan anyway, but if he's making out Kaper-schitt to be a hero, then he can go schitt in his hat & pull it down over his ears, & fu^ck off.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being a lifelong Packer fan, I was also a Favre fan................but, he's either trying to get a job somewhere like ESPN, or else he's just completely gone off his rocker.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Of course I admired Favre when he was a champion QB for the Packers.
His last two years, he quit one day, then he "came back" two days later, then a month later he retired, then he left to play for another team, he had obviously gone a little nutty, seemed like he was running on estrogen and not testosterone.

With these comments today, obviously the man is insane. Sad to see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.