Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So your god is a trickster god?

Some say the reason Bible has ghostwriters and
parables is to limit who can be part of a ritualistic
mystery religion called Christianity.

Early Christians practiced their religion like
exclusive members of the Mithras cult did.

Originally Posted by RayF

No. He is a father, who loves his children..

Mortal parents will try stop their youngsters from
runing out on a busy road and getting hurt,
the God you speak of allows them to get run down.

Do we teach out children calculus when they’re 2 years old? Do we explain the elemental charts at 4? No, because they’re not ready.

4 and 5 yr olds can read and play the classical
masters like Chopin, Mozart, etc

Folks like you would keep them dumbed down
to your level.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

And once again, you demonstrate that you don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

You are wrong again. I have never mentioned “hypothesis” in this thread. Because evolution theory is supported by all that evidence that has been beat to death on these pages. I suppose it could be said that Darwin started out with a hypotheses on how everything evolved before he set sail to gather his data...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

And once again, you demonstrate that you don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

You are wrong again. I have never mentioned “hypothesis” in this thread. Because evolution theory is supported by all that evidence that has been beat to death on these pages. I suppose it could be said that Darwin started out with a hypotheses on how everything evolved before he set sail to gather his data...

Not you.

I know you understand the difference.

Ray either doesn't know the difference, or, is dishonestly conflating theory with hypothesis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

First of all, he is your god too, whether you realize it or not. That being said,no he is not a trickster. But he does give every man a choice as to what to believe and do, starting in the Garden of Eden. Without choice there can be no faith and if there is one thing that the Bible makes clear, it's that God wants us to have faith in Him; and more importantly to have faith in Jesus. Absolute proof requires no faith at all; neither does coercion for that matter. So evidence of evolution is certainly out there, but it is far from conclusive and that again is, I think, by design. It's your choice to make. I've made mine. I am no bible scholar, but these are the conclusions I have come to after much consideration.

I'm out until tomorrow. Have good evening, gents.

I see no good evidence to believe in the existence of the god you claim, nor do I worship it. If you wish to claim he's my god as well, first you need to present sufficient evidence for his existence.

Additionally, of course your portrail of your alleged god is that of a trickster, one who makes the world appear billions of years old, when you claim it's only a few thousand for the sole purpose of tricking people into not believing he's real so he can send them to Hell where they will burn forever, and infinite punishment for the finite crime of following evidence to it's logical conclusion.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No. He is a father, who loves his children. Much like we are. Do we teach out children calculus when they’re 2 years old? Do we explain the elemental charts at 4? No, because they’re not ready.

Do we thwart their desire to explore by fetching all they may be interested in and place it in their immediate grasp? No.

Do we capitulate to our children when they demand they’re correct? When they think you don’t understand? How about when they have their teenage delusions? No.

Despite all of the knowledge and experience you’ve gained, have you passed it all on to them so they are at your current stage when they’re 18? No.

He is a father and although he is perfect, he didn’t create us as such. Why? I don’t know. I don’t claim to know.

Now, can you produce the missing link between ape and man?

Are you too dense to understand the concept of a common ancestor?

Do you intentionally mislead your children about the nature of the world? If you claim your god made the universe young but made it to look old by putting dinosaur bones in the ground, misleading radiometric readings, and light that appears to have traveled 13 billion years in a 4k year old Universe that's exactly what he'd doing. Not telling your children everything is not the same as lying to them, or intentionally misleading them so you can torture them FOREVER.

Speaking of which, have you built a torture chamber in your basement and do you use it to torture your children when they misbehave? When's the last time you tricked your children into misbehaving so you could take them down stairs and burn them?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do we capitulate to our children when they demand they’re correct? When they think you don’t understand? How about when they have their teenage delusions? No.

How about adult age Christian belief delusions..
should anyone capitulate to them?

The stuff christians believe, ranks with kids
believing there's a Santa who has flying Reindeer
and slay and that he reads every kids letter.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
TWhere was an intent for a consensus mentioned.

The question was, which theory of evolution presented in the video did unbelievers believe in?

Did you watch the vid...., uh, nevermind.

None of the hypothesis presented in the video are representative of the actual Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Originally Posted by DBT
When it comes to evolution, Kent Hovind has zero credibility. Evolution is an established fact....any contraversy or need to modify is related to the mechanisms of evolution, not the fact of it.

Pleas define evolution and offer specific proof that it is, indeed, fact?

Roll up the sleeves, there is work to be done:
Universal common decent.

"Nothing you've posted is testable proof. It's all theory. Universal common decent is a general descriptive THEORY....."
Proof requires direct, tangible, demonstrable, testable EVIDENCE that yields identical results, not conjecture. Macro evolution is not provable without all of the above.
Without that, it is ONLY theory and theory is nothing more than an idea or thoughts that have yet to be proven.

Did you read the article before you came to that conclusion?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

No. He is a father, who loves his children. ...

There's also those children and infants who have cancer - doesn't look like godly love to me.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
TONS of strong evidence has been posted on here supporting Evolution.
It is a done deal and because it is science it will continually be reinforced.

Misappropriation of science. “Evidence” is a suggestion that is not conclusive, therefore, it is not a “...done deal.”

Scientists don't agree. Evolution has withstood testing for over a hundred and fifty years. Theory lies in explaining how it works, not that it does work, which is proven.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Here Jag, let's ask it this way.

How many times did God come to this planet and seed it with life?

Because we can easily see the various dominant life forms in the era before each of five extinction level events. Each era with totally different life forms than the era before or after. The remains are there for any to see in the various layers of sediment.

The most recent and best understood extinction event being the Chicxulub meteor strike 66 million years ago. We can see the crater. We can see the debris field scattered from the 12 mile deep and 93 mile diameter crater.
We can see the reptile fossils (dinosaurs) below that debris field. (But absolutely no great dinosaurs above the debris field.) We can see the succeeding mammalian fossils beginning above that debris field. We can see the nature and the size of those mammals change through the millennia in the various layers of sediment. We find early felines, and canines, and ursus, and equus, and bovines, and hominids. etc, etc scattered through the layers over 66 million years until we reach modern day and modern animals.

So, did God come to Earth and seed the Earth with the reptiles at the beginning of their time. And did God then revisit the Earth 66 million years ago and seed it with mammals? And where was Man, during the first 60 million years of "the age of mammals"?

Or you can believe the facts. There was one creation event. The almost 2,000 years later there was a World Wide Flood which produced the fossils and the single ice age. Same evidence different interpretation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Perhaps.

And perhaps you maintain that approach in an attempt to distract from the fact that your opinion about human evolution is purely subjective.

It doesn’t matter. You have no proven theory in a practice that requires one. I have faith in a practice in which that is all that’s required.

Game. Set. Match.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It doesn’t matter. You have no proven theory in a practice that requires one. I have faith in a practice in which that is all that’s required.

Finally a believer who admits to lack of evidence and proof of the documentation of their faith - thank you. Other believers have foolishly argued otherwise, and failed dismally.

(You're still completely wrong about your view of evolution theory by the way.)

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 06/22/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Perhaps.

And perhaps you maintain that approach in an attempt to distract from the fact that your opinion about human evolution is purely subjective.

Game. Set. Match.

You have "Faith", which is not evidence. If you had evidence you would present it instead of making a faith based claim, and you claim I don't have a theory when you don't even know the meaning of the word and it's application in Science.

Heck, you can't even find the court, let alone win a game.

Let me help you out a bit, as described in the following article, you are stuck in Elementary School:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

Many people learned in elementary school that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty—above a mere hypothesis but below a law. Scientists do not use the terms that way, however. According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a scientific theory is “a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.” No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature. So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution—or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter—they are not expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of the fact of evolution. The NAS defines a fact as “an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as ‘true.’” The fossil record and abundant other evidence testify that organisms have evolved through time. Although no one observed those transformations, the indirect evidence is clear, unambiguous and compelling.

All sciences frequently rely on indirect evidence. Physicists cannot see subatomic particles directly, for instance, so they verify their existence by watching for telltale tracks that the particles leave in cloud chambers. The absence of direct observation does not make physicists' conclusions less certain.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Here Jag, let's ask it this way.

How many times did God come to this planet and seed it with life?

Because we can easily see the various dominant life forms in the era before each of five extinction level events. Each era with totally different life forms than the era before or after. The remains are there for any to see in the various layers of sediment.

The most recent and best understood extinction event being the Chicxulub meteor strike 66 million years ago. We can see the crater. We can see the debris field scattered from the 12 mile deep and 93 mile diameter crater.
We can see the reptile fossils (dinosaurs) below that debris field. (But absolutely no great dinosaurs above the debris field.) We can see the succeeding mammalian fossils beginning above that debris field. We can see the nature and the size of those mammals change through the millennia in the various layers of sediment. We find early felines, and canines, and ursus, and equus, and bovines, and hominids. etc, etc scattered through the layers over 66 million years until we reach modern day and modern animals.

So, did God come to Earth and seed the Earth with the reptiles at the beginning of their time. And did God then revisit the Earth 66 million years ago and seed it with mammals? And where was Man, during the first 60 million years of "the age of mammals"?

Or you can believe the facts. There was one creation event. The almost 2,000 years later there was a World Wide Flood which produced the fossils and the single ice age. Same evidence different interpretation.

The evidence does not support a recent creation event or a worldwide deluge as described in the bible, quite the opposite.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Speaking of which, have you built a torture chamber in your basement and do you use it to torture your children when they misbehave? When's the last time you tricked your children into misbehaving so you could take them down stairs and burn them?

'Tough love'..?

Adam and Eve had to fail, God could not accept
another outcome, for it was pre-ordained that
JC was to be sacrificed.

If Adam's choice was true free will, God would
be gambling that Adam will make the choice
that aligns with God's plan.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

'Tough love'..?

Adam and Eve had to fail, God could not accept
another outcome, for it was pre-ordained that
JC was to be sacrificed.

The "All Mighty" creator of the Universe who required blood magic and a human sacrifice to cast his spell of forgiveness, for a sin he arranged to be committed by two people how at the time did not know the difference between good and evil.

So, according to Christian beliefs, God literally set up two of his children to fail so he would have an excuse to torture and kill another....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let me help you out a bit, as described in the following article, you are stuck in Elementary School:

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.“

-Socrates

- Socrates
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

-Socrates

You've demonstrated time and time again how you don't understand the proper scientific usage of term and provided a link describing your usage as an elementary school level of understanding. If you wish to demon state that you understand and can use these in the modern scientific sense, that would would be beneficial to the conversation. While you're at it, how about you demonstrate your understanding of the null hypothesis and the burden of proof.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

-Socrates

You've demonstrated time and time again how you don't understand the proper scientific usage of term and provided a link describing your usage as an elementary school level of understanding. If you wish to demon state that you understand and can use these in the modern scientific sense, that would would be beneficial to the conversation. While you're at it, how about you demonstrate your understanding of the null hypothesis and the burden of proof.

Uh-huh. Soooooooo.....you don’t have an LCA and don’t need one. Got it. Science ain’t what it used to be.

- Socrates
Page 47 of 95 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.