Hop To
Page 48 of 95 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 94 95
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RayF
Uh-huh. Soooooooo.....you don’t have an LCA and don’t need one. Got it. Science ain’t what it used to be.

Is that your whole argument?

Do you accept that there are perhaps 20 or more hominins between australopithecine and modern humans?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

And once again, you demonstrate that you don't even know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

You are wrong again. I have never mentioned “hypothesis” in this thread. Because evolution theory is supported by all that evidence that has been beat to death on these pages. I suppose it could be said that Darwin started out with a hypotheses on how everything evolved before he set sail to gather his data...

Not you.

I know you understand the difference.

Ray either doesn't know the difference, or, is dishonestly conflating theory with hypothesis.

OK, I will try to find something else to bitch about...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
OK, I will try to find something else to bitch about...

Ray's keeps giving us plenty of material.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do unbelievers continually and FAITHFULLY push their unbelief and harass believers of God? Some of you seem downright angry that we (believers) believe in, worship, and agape love our almighty living God. Unbelievers/atheists can’t seem to accept that believers believe in a holy, supreme, almighty, sovereign, living God by FAItH.

Why does that irk some of you? What exactly is your mission in trying to discredit our faith and belief in our God? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Did satan assign you this mission?

It takes an act of FAITH to believe God doesn’t exist, and it takes ballsy, smug arrogance to mock and belittle believers about their love of and belief in God. Some of you are FAITHFUL in your unrelenting satanic assaults.

Unbelievers and atheists lack a faith in our God but have FAITH in their belief that there is no God. Give it up. Some of us love Jesus, and Jesus is our everything.

It’s better to trust and have confidence in the Lord rather than in mere man. Psalms 118:8

Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which art in Heaven.
Matt 10:33

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Praise the Lord !!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The "All Mighty" creator of the Universe who required blood magic and a human sacrifice to cast his spell of forgiveness,...

Odd that a christian Diety would be just like Pagans
and their blood ritual magic human sacrifice practices.

Even the Romans as pagans abhorred human sacrifice,
as practiced by the Druids and Carthaginians which the
Romans put to the sword.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's amazing how evidence is ignored, claiming that science is based on faith, implying that faith is a poor tool with which to determine truth....yet when it comes to the 'correct' religion, faith becomes a virtue, a beacon of truth.

A double standard, it appears. Not that evolution is based on faith.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Why do unbelievers continually and FAITHFULLY push their unbelief and harass believers of God? Some of you seem downright angry that we (believers) believe in, worship, and agape love our almighty living God. Unbelievers/atheists can’t seem to accept that believers believe in a holy, supreme, almighty, sovereign, living God by FAItH.

Why does that irk some of you? What exactly is your mission in trying to discredit our faith and belief in our God? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Did satan assign you this mission?

It takes an act of FAITH to believe God doesn’t exist, and it takes ballsy, smug arrogance to mock and belittle believers about their love of and belief in God. Some of you are FAITHFUL in your unrelenting satanic assaults.

Unbelievers and atheists lack a faith in our God but have FAITH in their belief that there is no God. Give it up. Some of us love Jesus, and Jesus is our everything.

It’s better to trust and have confidence in the Lord rather than in mere man. Psalms 118:8

Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which art in Heaven.

It's a discussion. A question of sorting out what may be true or what may be false. False as in misconceptions, errors or myths. Is the sacrifice of truth a fair price for the comfort of faith?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta say I love the "where's your evidence" arguments. Any decent natural historu museum has it out the wazoo. Try walking through the Smithsonian some time. You may not like it, but there it is.

And by definition theories cannot be proven, only disproven. If generally accepted they may be called "laws" but not proven. Einstein's Special Theory is still routinely tested as new experiments evolve. His predictions have been right so far but it has not been proven.

But what the hell, carry on.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
It's amazing how evidence is ignored, claiming that science is based on faith,. .

It would be so much easier if firearm manufacturers
simply faithed barrels and actions instead of proofing
them.

as it stands they require increasing levels
of proof.

(a) Provisional Proof.

(b) Definitive Proof.

(c) Special Definitive Proof.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is that your whole argument?

After a dozen or more posts with a basic and consistent message, you arrive at this question on page 48.

LOL

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=WhiteTail48]...... /quote]

It's a discussion. A question of sorting out what may be true or what may be false. False as in misconceptions, errors or myths. Is the sacrifice of truth a fair price for the comfort of faith?

Christians can be life long God botherers,
but object to scrutinity of their parroted
blatherings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
It's amazing how evidence is ignored, claiming that science is based on faith, implying that faith is a poor tool with which to determine truth....yet when it comes to the 'correct' religion, faith becomes a virtue, a beacon of truth.

I missed the practice of science in which blind faith is an accepted means. Could you point it out, please?

- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A scientific theory has two components, the world as it is, how it works and functions, the objective world...and our study of 'how it works' - which we call "theory."

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

I missed the practice of science in which blind faith is an accepted means. Could you point it out, please?

Science doesn't rest on faith. Observation, evidence and testing is the foundation of science.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

One should actually look at the title of this thread. Then consider who wrote the OP and reason therefor.

It appears the entire reason for the post was to invite criticism upon his faith. Some have obliged.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Science doesn't rest on faith. Observation, evidence and testing is the foundation of science.

Okay. So where’s the double standard?

- Socrates
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT

You're ruling out science as faith (which it isn't) yet choose your faith. Pretty simple to understand I thought.

And if someone else has a different religious faith to yours - which one is wrong. Maybe both?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 06/22/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I am going to say that I believe there is a supernatural power that is unknowable. It is beyond me to understand how something like our well ordered, synchronized, rhythmic universe could come from nothing. Now as to earth and our existence. Anyone who believes the earth is only a few thousand years old is deluded. Anyone that rejects the idea that living things evolve is wrong and they need to realize a lot can change in a few million years. Anyone who believes the bible is to be taken literally must not have read the whole thing. As to the flood, I believe as the last ice age ended the ocean poured over into the Black Sea and wreaked havoc that is dimly remembered by various societies. As to the Jews, they are a remarkable people and I do believe their survival as a separate entity is a miracle and there is no other explanation for their return to Israel. I believe Jesus is who he claimed to be and brought mankind a message from the creator. I also believe there may be such a thing as reincarnation and Jesus himself even hinted at it. That might explain a lot of the misery in the world. I mostly will say there is a lot I'm not sure of but I'm sure that many of the folks that are so sure of their interpretation of God's will are full of it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You're ruling out science as faith (which it isn't) yet choose your faith. Pretty simple to understand I thought.

I don’t rule anything out. As DBT (and you) have pointed out, the champions of science rule out faith as a practice in science. .

That’s not a double standard. That’s a contrast (please feel
free to correct this term if you don’t consider it correctly used and it distracts you to the point of not getting my meaning).

The point is, as a Christian, I understand faith doesn’t apply to science, yet it seems like the science fans take a leap of faith in human evolution. Yes, there’s evidence. Yes, there’s a theory. But it’s not a proven theory...or a law. This is where it gets sticky because our term enforcers start to speak in absolutes. We’ve jumped from an unproven theory to its a done deal. That is a leap of faith.

- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Didn't you implicitly disparage faith when you applied it to science, yet extol its virtue in Christianity?

Page 48 of 95 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

602 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 160user, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,038 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,309
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.