Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nice! My motto has always been - 'you can never have too much truck'... Happy camping!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Serious question. You are set up in a National Forest campground and forgot the eggs. How do you get to a grocery store on Forest Service Roads? The UTV is not street legal. You are in an urban area and you need a hose clamp. How do you get to the hardware store? In some states each county decides if ATV or UTV are legal to drive on roads.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice setup--

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No Rockinbbar, I'm a truck driver now, and know your pain.
I will only do 65 or so, in the right lane.
I won't have to be anywhere, any time soon, and I'm not going to tear my stuff up.
No, didn't win the lottery.
Shop wisely, and find great deals.
The 5th wheel, is a 1 owner, used a few times, 2017 model. Like new, nothing wrong with it.
The semi is a 2000 with only 512k miles. The present owner, who is currently out driving it, downsized, and doesn't need such a big truck anymore.
He's currently near me, and is planning on going to Pagosa springs, Co. Thats close, so we may wait til then to do the deal.
Selling my 06 Hummer H2, and my Barrett 99, to help with more cash back in the bank.

Last edited by splattermatic; 06/23/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bobmn
Serious question. You are set up in a National Forest campground and forgot the eggs. How do you get to a grocery store on Forest Service Roads? The UTV is not street legal. You are in an urban area and you need a hose clamp. How do you get to the hardware store? In some states each county decides if ATV or UTV are legal to drive on roads.
That's always been my question when I see a 40' motorhome towing a boat.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
bobmn,
If we are way out, and forgot eggs, we'll do with out.....
The SxS, is for fun, and will have a street legal kit, so we can drive it on the street, if need be. The Volvo, can be driven anytime we want.
The 5er has a built in 5500 onan that runs on gasoline. There is a filling station on the left, rear, side, for filling toys back up. It's 30 gallons, and feeds the onan too.
Built in "safety", doesn't allow the gas station to totally drain the tank, so there is gas left to run the onan.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bobmn

That shouldn’t present a problem. During our short time as truck drivers, we “bobtailed” all over San Francisco..... no problem with the narrow streets and trolly cars. Though many may not find this possible, a Volvo tractor (class8), has a smaller turn radius that that of a long wheelbase, 4wd pickup truck! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I see the UTV in the "garage"-how do you get out of the thing?

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'll have to take the roll cage off. Its 12 bolts. I'm thinking of using the included winch to tie the front down, and crawl over the back to get out, then strap down the rear. The roll cage and roof, can be stored in the garage, or the rear pass through storage.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I won't have to be anywhere, any time soon, and I'm not going to tear my stuff up.

Exactly what I do - maintain 65 in the RH lane and ensure I have more than enough time to get to where I'm goin'... Just this last weekend, we took the trailer to a campground about 50+ miles away. Speed limit on this highway was 70, so just set the cruise on 65 and let everybody pass me who wanted...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, and wave, with a big smile on your face, as they stare going by !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Nice! My motto has always been - 'you can never have too much truck'... Happy camping!!!

Well...he's got that one covered!! grin

Sweet set up!

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Are you selling the red Ford with the 7.3?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by splattermatic

Exactly what I do - maintain 65 in the RH lane and ensure I have more than enough time to get to where I'm goin'... Just this last weekend, we took the trailer to a campground about 50+ miles away. Speed limit on this highway was 70, so just set the cruise on 65 and let everybody pass me who wanted...

I did the same thing last year when I took my MIL's motorhome to FL with the family packed inside. Not familiar with the rig, family inside, constant friggin wind the ENTIRE way south. We took 'er easy and still got there an hour before we predicted.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's an awfully nice diesel-powered electricity generator you bought to go with your 5th wheel.

And no, I don;t think it is "too much truck." When I was paid to do so, I would use equipment on the edge of its rating. With a family, I want PUH-LENTY of capacity left over when I hit the road.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No.
My red Ford is now the dedicated boat puller.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very, very nice Splat! My folks have had a Grand Design for a few years and after a few teething issues it's been great. You can't go wrong with having too much truck when you hit the road full time.

We took the 5th wheel up to Pagosa last weekend for a 3-nighter. It was busier than I've ever seen it. I guess folks were tired of being cooped up because they were out in force. If we hadn't have left on Thursday it would have been difficult to find a spot in the national forest campgrounds (since they've eliminated many of the dispersed camping sites). By Friday afternoon everything was totally full and we still saw at least 15 people come through looking for a spot (and we were in the last campground).

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forgot to mention that with the scattered forest fires in the area, we had plenty of chances to watch these guys putting in some work:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lordy, you guys have some beautiful stuff. Very interesting.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You brought enough truck, nice

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
510 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 49 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.