Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
We got a super blessing yesterday at a local bike shop. My wife found this bike and got it with racks,bags,panniers and suitcase, for $550. It fits her like it was made for her and for any of you who know bikes. we paid about 1/10th of what it would have cost new. I told her I was very jealous she got to ride Cathy Duncan and I didn't.LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One cool part of the story is that she had her first good bike stolen in Washington years ago. It was purple too. She told me on the way home that this was as if her old bike had come back to her but 1000X's better.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know much about road bikes, but congrats to your wife!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool beans! cool First thing, check the grease on the wheel bearings. I ruined a set of good hubs once by not doing that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Cool beans! cool First thing, check the grease on the wheel bearings. I ruined a set of good hubs once by not doing that.

Mechanic said he has checked it out fully. I think the shop must have made some sort of trade and had nothing in it cause i would have sworn the guy first told me he wanted $700.Because of our work It was a week later when I could get back to the shop and let my wife try the bike. I let him price his bike and this time it was $550. I was going to buy it for $700. The guy had basically rebuilt my 1983 Miyata 610 with new bearings through out for what I considered a great price and I didn't even haggle any farther on the bike.It was just so perfect for her and exactly what she needed at the time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m not a bike person, except for when I was a kid

But isn’t that a boy’s bike?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now you can go riding with Paul Bernard!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m not a bike person, except for when I was a kid

But isn’t that a boy’s bike?

No way buddy,just look at those curves.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully there's bike paths where you live, it really sucks trying to pass bicycles in a dually truck on a two lane road. Is there a road use tax on bicycles?

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Hopefully there's bike paths where you live, it really sucks trying to pass bicycles in a dually truck on a two lane road. Is there a road use tax on bicycles?

Oh! Now you did it. All hell is going to come down on you now!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
😃

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
needs a whicker basket for Toto......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

I use to have that attitude when I needed a dually to haul my lard ass around. Now I just get out of the way,try not choke on the exhaust coming from that machine you are mortgaging your life to ride around in,and wish you could have as much fun as I'm having.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Come on Man!

Enough with the suspense!.... show us how the thing breaks down for easy travel....

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

It's hell to slow down a bit and then pull over to pass ain't it!

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I use to have that attitude when I needed a dually to haul my lard ass around. Now I just get out of the way,try not choke on the exhaust coming from that machine you are mortgaging your life to ride around in,and wish you could have as much fun as I'm having.

I'm not jealous in the least, I couldn't wait to turn 15 and buy a motorcycle so I didn't have to peddle my azz around anymore.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I'm not jealous in the least, I couldn't wait to turn 15 and buy a motorcycle so I didn't have to peddle my azz around anymore.

I get it,but I'm going through a strange mid life crisis where I think I'm 15 again, feels good though.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Classic paint job.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Very nice. I second a request to see those couplers in action.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn’t notice it comes apart first time around. Somebody thought a great deal of that bike to install those things.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 160user, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.