Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#14993075 06/23/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I nearly had my daughter convinced that the meatballs I served her tonight, the ones she was scarfing down and enjoying, were made of gopher.

It's getting more and more difficult to trick her. She's been wise to all my tricks for a few years now.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Admit you fibbed -
they were actually pack-rat!

Hope you both are doing well.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Eat one- - - -go fer another one!" Of course they're gopher!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Doing well, Mark. Hope u and the Warden are as well.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's a good one Jerry. I'll use that one next time.

- Del Gue
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"The Warden" suggested Rocky Mountain Oysters -
I figured that might lead to an uncomfortable discussion with a young lady who was not country-raised, however.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Indeed, but we had that conversation years ago. I took her to the bar at Billy Crews Steakhouse for an early dinner and some drunk chick next to us tried to get her to eat one. Wasn't uncomfortable at all. I just told her what they were, she laughed, and then politely declined the nice, plastered chick's offer.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/23/20.

- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Watch out, she may turn the tables on you someday!

And, knowing her just a bit, it will be epic.

Thanks for being a father all the rest of the year, too.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Doc. Yep, she's a prankster for sure. Here's a photo of one of her latest:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She drew, colored black, and cut out out this tarantula and then taped it to the inside of a lamp shade. She literally scared the schidt out of the ex's live-in concubine. He actually shart himself. I was very proud of her.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/23/20.

- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Thanks Doc. Yep, she's a prankster for sure. Here's a photo of one of her latest:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

She drew, colored black, and cut out out this tarantula and then taped it to the inside of a lamp shade. She literally scared the schidt out of the ex's live-in concubine. He actually shart himself. I was very proud of her.

TFF !!

Love it.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Paul: Yep. She keeps me laughing.

- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought maybe you had a gopher problem. Ha, this was way better. I did have a singular gopher issue last week.
Stuck a lit road flare in the stinking hole and covered it. Ain't seen that fugger since!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifletom
I thought maybe you had a gopher problem. Ha, this was way better. I did have a singular gopher issue last week.
Stuck a lit road flare in the stinking hole and covered it. Ain't seen that fugger since!

You should have made meatballs out of it.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I nearly had my daughter convinced that the meatballs I served her tonight, the ones she was scarfing down and enjoying, were made of gopher.

It's getting more and more difficult to trick her. She's been wise to all my tricks for a few years now.

Fun schit ain't it!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My grandkids don't believe me that there's a kid dump, or spanking day at the end of the week.

Or that lunch is frog tongues, snake toes, fly eyes, pig snot, spider legs, bee stingers, fish guts... or whatever other good stuff I think of.

Pretty much they don't believe a damn thing I say...

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kent, you've got some smart grandkids there. I don't believe a damn thing you say either. grin

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/24/20.

- Del Gue
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm going to put spider legs in your lunch next camp...

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I take it back!

- Del Gue

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 70 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.