Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14994311 06/24/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A friend asked me about a "BCM" AR15. I know nothing about them. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good brand and quality but pricey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great kit. Never a problem, always the best machining.

Politics is War by Other Means
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good stuff.

Retired cat herder.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have one complete rifle from them and a few lowers fantastic quality.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Good parts - generally without question, good quality reputation, but usually pricey.

Wouldn't be hesitate to buy a factory rifle, at a good price, and I've bought their parts with no issues to date.

Buildup's (aka kits) can be screwed up on any quality set of receivers, I'd make sure I knew it was a factory rifle.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/24/20.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by AH64guy

Buildup's (aka kits) can be screwed up on any quality set of receivers, I'd make sure I knew it was a factory rifle.

Exactly. I work in a gunshop and you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at all customers who buy a "name" stripped lower, throw a bunch of bottom feeder parts in it and then try to claim it's a "name" brand gun.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
BCM has a good reputation for solid and serviceable weapons. I would put them in the mid-priced category.

I bought one of their uppers a while back, M4 14.5" SOCOM profile. I like it a lot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This^^^^^^^......................BCM stamps their factory built guns & uppers in white BCM on the side of the upper; their uppers that they sell separately in the marketplace are not so marked. Those have only a very small BCM stamped into the front of the upper just above the gas tube hole & it is not visible when a handguard is assembled to the upper receiver.

I agree with Shane, they are more mid-priced in my mind than high end.

MM

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thought this was a thread about Black Cats Matter, disregard.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got an 11.5" BCM pistol and like it a lot. Runs flawlessly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

There are probably many others here that would say their brand of ar also runs "flawlessly". All of mine do, In fact. I will say there is one member of my gun club that will only buy BCM's. He has them with different length barrels, and runs some of them suppressed. His rifles shoot decent. Notice i didnt say impressive. He won't shoot against us in our AR matches, but brags his rifles up a lot. He likes taking seminars from James Yeager. Id imagine you would want a very dependable rifle for that.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

There are probably many others here that would say their brand of ar also runs "flawlessly". All of mine do, In fact. I will say there is one member of my gun club that will only buy BCM's. He has them with different length barrels, and runs some of them suppressed. His rifles shoot decent. Notice i didnt say impressive. He won't shoot against us in our AR matches, but brags his rifles up a lot. He likes taking seminars from James Yeager. Id imagine you would want a very dependable rifle for that.

My needs and usage may be different from others. YMMV.

My AR's are not for shooting paper. They are to defend myself, my peeps and my property. And I'm quite confident the Colts and this BCM will do just that. I spared no expense making that so.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

My needs and usage may be different from others. YMMV.

My AR's are not for shooting paper. They are to defend myself, my peeps and my property. And I'm quite confident the Colts and this BCM will do just that. I spared no expense making that so.

Do you shoot steel? Im wondering what guys shoot at for practice, if they dont shoot paper. Id also use any of my ar's (all of which have 20" and longer barrels) to defend my property and love ones. But i practice a lot on paper so i know what to expect, accuracy wise.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, gentlemen,for the information. I'm passing it on to my friend.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beyond 50 yards I’d say that 90% of my shooting is on steel.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've never owned one of their rifles, but I prefer their BCGs over most others.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
BSA,

IMO, you are not exactly the target market for BCM guns. BCM's are made to be run hard and put away wet. They are for the guy who wants or needs it to always go bang when pointed at a man shaped target with only god knows what ammo, with the minimum of fuss.

IMO, their closest competitor id Daniels Defense. DD is also targeted at the "it must always go bang with reasonable accuracy" crowd. I've shot several DD guns, and even with good hand loads I've yet to see on that will break an inch for 5 rounds at 100, but all were in the 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 inch range. Not MOA, but certainly Minute of bad guy. It's my understanding that BCM does a little better in that area, but still, probably not the best guns for the fire's BRC.

if I know I'm going into harms way and have to take two guns, straight out of the box with only a couple of shots to site them in, I'll take a BCM and a Glock.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An AR does not have to be a "precision" rifle & able to put 10 shots into a MOA circle to be more than adequate or even outstanding, for what the platform was originally intended for.

In fact, "precision" AR configurations have evolved out of the original battle platform configuration.

I have a number of AR's that won't do 10 shots into MOA, but they are not necessarily configured to accomplish that mission either.

3 of them are KAC's, one is a BCM built upper, one is a SIG, & a couple are built by me........................but for the mission of protecting my house or property or myself under anything resembling a battle like situation, those are exactly the rifles I will pick up first..................they are also not configured with high mag optics, as they are configured for fast target acquisition at moderate range & are much more suited to that task than my various "precision" rifles which typically have optics with high mag capability.

YMMV on how you want to configure your collection of rifles.

MM

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I learned a long time ago that if I had to lug an HBAR or heavier gun around to kill something, I'd have to rethink my plan. My first AR weighed 11 lbs all up and I killed a million coyotes with it. Started going for lighter guns and still killed as many coyotes. My hunting partner never parted from heavy rifles with long barrels and he made them work but when I'd hand him my rifle that weighed 7-8 lbs, he'd always cuss me for cheating.

It's a free country and if someone wants a banger they can have one, if they want a precision rifle with a Hubble telescope for a sight they can have that too.

As long as we don't belittle a guy for a different goal, we're gonna be alright.

And quit leaving out Colt when you speak of hard running guns, they paved the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.