Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
"You sure mowing people down at that point would be defensible in court?"

Should be justified self defense if they have the road blocked.

Question directed to me or Rog?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

I know for me, I’m going to go into reaction mode v. offensive mode.

😎

PS,
In the future, could you please a wait a smidge before giving out the answer? 😬

You read like a liberal plant more and more every day.

I know, lots of ball suckers will say 'He hunts', but that doesn't make you any less a liberal. Ask JeffO.

When your head is jammed so deep up your ass and smelling your own shít, it’s easy to say everything smells like you.

😎

Sell it like you want, but I don't live in a liberal [bleep], you do. Congratulations.

Scott, that’s you’re only truth; where you live. Run with it girl.

😎

Again, you obviously have a cross to burn, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you are a 'closet' liberal. Perhaps a few other closet things too.

You talk big for a little man.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

I know for me, I’m going to go into reaction mode v. offensive mode.

😎

PS,
In the future, could you please a wait a smidge before giving out the answer? 😬

You read like a liberal plant more and more every day.

I know, lots of ball suckers will say 'He hunts', but that doesn't make you any less a liberal. Ask JeffO.

When your head is jammed so deep up your ass and smelling your own shít, it’s easy to say everything smells like you.

😎

Sell it like you want, but I don't live in a liberal [bleep], you do. Congratulations.

Scott, that’s you’re only truth; where you live. Run with it girl.

😎

Again, you obviously have a cross to burn, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you are a 'closet' liberal. Perhaps a few other closet things too.

You talk big for a little man.

Funny coming from the scared little guy in TN who tries to sound hard with 96k post before you got tossed.

How’d that man to man conversation with Rick about you getting back on the Fire work out?

Oh, that’s right...You choose the pussy route by making a sock puppet or three to avoid the conversation. You scare too, easy.

😎

“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, Depends. smile

Trump Won!
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Then I would attempt CPR and render first aid to anyone injured."

If you were in a situation where you had to protect yourself with a firearm and are still surrounded you need to get your ass away from there as quick as possible.

"If they break my window they get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray."

Pepper spray can blow right back in your face.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Had a friend had a flat scary individual directly approach his car at a stoplight in a wrong part of Houston. My friend held up his handgun, the guy turned around immediately. That might come to mind in the above scenario.

I've done that.

I've done different versions of that many times.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

If you were in a situation where you had to protect yourself with a firearm and are still surrounded you need to get your ass away from there as quick as possible.

"If they break my window they get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray."

I see what you’re doing...Agreeing!

CPR and any lifesaving attempts I could do to help the aggressor after being shot, is what I would do, too.

Thanks for clarification 😬😎

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
First of all don’t stop if at all possible.
A friend of mine moved to St Louis, his wife got a job there and said he could come if he wanted. I’m not sure she quite knew what they were in for.
Anyway as they are entering the city a welcome committee of 3 gentlemen of dark pigmentation stood across the road spread eagle like a full court press. Obviously they wanted him to stop so they could give him some friendly local advice.
He aimed for the middle one and floored it, missed him by this much .
They didn’t stay in St. Louis long.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by deflave
Looking for input from our members who can recognize the potential for a dangerous encounter with a hostile person, or group of people and suggest a course of action....

What would you do? Go aggressively at the individual(s), retreat and run, or go all in by pulling a weapon, or a different option you have.

Take into consideration that we all know there’s a political and judicial hypocrisy going on right now with white and black retaliation. You may choose to have that impact your course of action.

Situation.....

Either day or night. You and your wife are driving in your car around town unaware a person, a small group of 5-7 people, or a larger mob 20 plus of black and white people have taken to the streets to demonstrate in an area they haven’t been seen before.

Your vehicle has no discernible messages on it, like a Trump sticker, Rebel flag, or political message. The only message is you are both caucasian.

The individual or group of protesters you can see ahead of you are causing cars to slow or stop. Demonstrators are touching the cars, some are banging on vehicles windows, or worse hitting the vehicles with objects trying to cause damage or get the occupants out of the car.

You are blocked in from the rear by other vehicles who, like you, were just following traffic until rolling into a situation of public hostility.

You’re armed with your favorite edc...You see individual or a small group of demonstrators keying on your vehicle and are coming towards you.

What would you do? Go...

😎

Depends.

Some are so FOS they always carry them, huh?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

CPR and any lifesaving attempts I could do to help the aggressor after being shot, is what I would do, too.

Unless you are a medical doctor, a Registered Medical Nurse, or a certified EMT/Paramedic, I strongly suggest you leave the CPR and life saving First Aid attempts to the genuine medical people. A District Attorney or a civil suit lawyer will tear you a new anal orifice.

As for me, I do not get into situations like that. After all, as Randolph Scott used to say in all those old western movies he ground out, "I'm a peaceable man." smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If at all possible, I'd turn around, and try to avoid the whole damned thing. If that's not possible, I'd get the M&P and all the spare magazines and hope they weren't going to be unreasonable, when I put it in their face. But first, I'd try to avoid the situation entirely.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yes, Col Travis. We would actually like to know what you would do.

Of course, almost all would try to turn around and leave, but if a herd surrounded your vehicle with family inside would you drive over commies ? Wait until they were destroying your car to SHOOT or DRIVE, please?

Depends.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Unless you are a medical doctor, a Registered Medical Nurse, or a certified EMT/Paramedic, I strongly suggest you leave the CPR and life saving First Aid attempts to the genuine medical people. A District Attorney or a civil suit lawyer will tear you a new anal orifice.

As for me, I do not get into situations like that. After all, as Randolph Scott used to say in all those old western movies he ground out, "I'm a peaceable man." smile

L.W.

Some States have legal protection for “Good Samaritan” help...Apparently optics matter today - idk, ymmv.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

😎

“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
4 wheel drive and backup cameras were originally designed to assist egress from threatening mob situations.

Cops are getting ambushed by mobs in Tampa, the stage is set for a prudent and reasonable person to fear death or great bodily injury at the hands of a mob. Avoid or escape if that option is available. If not a 4runner can provide mass and velocity, then you could have a G19 and a pile of hi cap mags at hand. Anything is better than being a victim. Have a good attorney's card in your wallet, action beats reaction and he who hesitates is lost., Phuque blm, antifa and any that would join or support a mob.

Or, you could trust in the inherent decency of your fellow mangrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think my 2500 Diesel 4X4 in low lock could move some [bleep]. I would make sure if I possibly could to never wind up in that situation. Then it would be "I was In Fear Of my Life as well as the Wife's life"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Not one of you would feign a heart attack (epileptic seizure even better) and beg them to call 911?
wouldn't hurt to fumble with a cell phone and turn on the video either, before dropping it.
LOL Did you learn nothing from that goofball FBI guy?
you boys are funny

Better not to take the shot, than to screw it up.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I miss my lifted grand cherokee.
Not big but it got some respect.

Ill avoid BS but if I cant, I wont be a Reginald Denny type.
Nor will I pussy foot around.

Hit the gas and blast some ass

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
In this modern communication age......wrong turns into rhe land of idiots should be a rare occurance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends. What criminal laws are being violated or objectively reasonably expected to be violated based on articulable facts? (Blocking a street isn’t a biggie.) What are the laws of self-defense in your state (including defense of self, defense of others and defense of property)? What facts cause you to reasonably believe that you are in danger (if at all), and at what level of danger? Is there an alternative means of avoiding a confrontation? (E.g. driving on the sidewalk in the opposite direction.) Let us know all that and we would have something worthy of starting a conversation. Context is everything.

P.S. Always pay attention to escape routes.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by ringworm
Direct my wife to retreat to the backseat and aquire the 300Blk AR pistol behind the truck rear folding seat. Place the Glock 41 under my right thigh and get the fox labs 12oz stream can from the console. Make sure the doors are locked and call 911.
I would continue to attempt to drive off and around them the entire time telling 911 I'm trying to "get away" "they are blocking my vehicle".
At no time would I roll down the window or open the door.
If the break my window the get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray. If they attempt to enter the vehicle I will command them to get away and fire warning shots only into the air.
I would only use lethal force if there is absolutely no other alternative whatsoever.
Then I would attempt CPR and render first aid to anyone injured.

Fire warning shots? That's about dumb and a waste of ammo. You don't need to try and be politically correct, your going to be found guilty if you live through something like this anyway.

Yes. In many states warning shots are a very bad idea. They are consider evidence you were not really in fear of your life, and as such not self defense, and can get you charged with assault, menacing etc...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.