Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Funny, my wife is on FaceTime with my son right now, who works for Otterbox as a marketing field representative.

Otterbox owns Lifeproof, by the way.

I told him about the scratched lens, and your new phone.

Otter's warranty is second to none. Call, tell them the story, odds are you will get a brand new case (Lifeproof or Otter, your choice)... if
not, pm me, and my son will help you out.

Last edited by duck911; 06/24/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by duck911
Funny, my wife is on FaceTime with my son right now, who works for Otterbox as a marketing field representative.

Otterbox owns Lifeproof, by the way.

I told him about the scratched lens, and your new phone.

Otter's warranty is second to none. Call, tell them the story, odds are you will get a brand new case (Lifeproof or Otter, your choice)... if
not, pm me, and my son will help you out.

Oh yes, you will get a new case.
And the POS will be scratched again in no time.
Their customer service was outstanding; product not so much.
Loved the case outside of the camera cover issue - but half the reason to have an iPhone is the camera.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Long discontinued Sahara Case. Dropped my phone a few times and it seems to protect it fairly well. It's a minimalist type case.

I-phone 7+

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've had good luck with spigen? Sp. I like their cases with the little kickstand. I just ordered another for the s20 5g I bought yesterday.

Bought 2 s20's and an iPhone 11 yesterday. Had a bogo on the s20's and got $400 off on the iPhone 11 for trading in an old 6s.

Bb

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
iPhone 8 (regular) here as well. I haven't used a screen protector or lens protector in years - the glass is so hard and scratch resistant it hasn't been necessary. I use the Magpul Field case in orange. The orange is less blaze and more dusky. If I bought a case today it would probably be the more protective Magpul Bump case although the colors are limited to tactical-ish.

You pay a lot of money for the iPhone display and lens quality. Putting a crappy piece of plastic over them doesn't work for me.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't an iPhone 8 waterproof to begin with? That is the reason that I upgraded to a 7 because my old iPhone wasn't waterproof and the 7 was and the last one with the aluminum back. The wife's 8 has a glass back. Otterbox on mine with the thin tempered glass face protector. My old glass protector was cracked and so is this newer one, but the crack is only visible in certain light conditions, so it works just fine. I've seen those hard used plastic screen protectors that have been badly scratched up so they are not for me.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Apple. Nuff said.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jog, What’s the drop resistance of a iPhone8 without the case?

The durn thing naked is pretty slick.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tks duck, would you happen to know the number to call/website to go to?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have on Otter on my work iPhone because they make me. I have a Pelican on my person phone and it’s an iPhone 8 Plus. I prefer the pelican.

Just my 2 cents...

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Jog, What’s the drop resistance of a iPhone8 without the case?

The durn thing naked is pretty slick.

No idea. I've dropped it a couples times from waist height with no damage in the Magpul Field case. I always expect a broken screen at least, but have been pleasantly surprised so far. The Bump case wasn't available at the time or I might have gone that route. I want to protect the phone of course, but I admit to getting a kick out of using Magpul gear among the clueless.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,726
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.