Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
WHAT'S BETTER THAN A 577 T-REX RIFLE - "TWO" 577 T-REX RIFLES

Hello All,

You may recall my post from my post on this forum last January, where I finally found an original A-Square 577 T-Rex Tyrannosaur rifle that I had been searching for. I searched for nearly 5 years trying to find one for sale. Here's the 2019 link and a picture of that rifle.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13527063/1

[Linked Image]

So as my heading above says: What's better than a 577 T-Rex Rifle? - "TWO" 577 T-Rex rifles. I started searching the internet this year and asked forum readers to help me find one. It only took 4 days to find this second one in a Gun Shop in Tennessee. And this one's a REAL DANDY ...

Here are some pictures of the new addition.

[Linked Image]

This one has some really nice figured wood. It has a single standing leaf rear sight, and an M8 2x EER Leupold Scope, in a set of Custom A-Square's QD Quick-Detachable Rings. There is a large Flip-Lever on the left front base. All you do to remove the scope is flip the lever, and twist off the scope. To put the scope back on - you twist it back in place, and flip the lever back to lock it. Now the rifle's back in scope mode and it never changed Zero. That's Slick!

The Scout rifle scope mounting like this is perfect on a heavy recoiling Dangerous Game rifle. It accomplishes 2 important things. First, and most important, it keeps your face "way back" away from the scope so you don't have to worry about being bashed by the scope during recoil. Second, with the scope mounted forward, it keeps the action area clear for "fast-topping-off" the magazine if more shots are needed.

As many of my previous posts have shown, I love guns with stories. And the T-Rex has an "everlasting story". This is one of the very few guns that has an iconic youtube video that has been seen by thousands of Gun Enthusiasts - all over the World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrImp-ek3bI

Every time I show-off the T-Rex rifle at the range, or when I display it at a gun shows, or when I'm just showing it to visiting gun friends, everyone instantly recognize the rifle as; "That's the Dinosaur Gun from the Internet!" .... and now they are going to say; [b]"And you got 2 of them? - WOW"[b]

Also, the famous T-REX rifle even has a wikipedia reference on Google. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577_Tyrannosaur

If anyone knows of another one of these big boys for sale - let me know. I'd love to have 3 of them.;)

As always, your comments are most welcome.

[Linked Image]

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That's a sweet looking rifle!

Now you need to go hunt elephant. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
That's a sweet looking rifle!

Now you need to go hunt elephant. wink

Hello elkhunternm,
Thanks for the reply.

I use the rifles to control the elephants here in Wisconsin.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

You're doing a good job then!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by buckstix
WHAT'S BETTER THAN A 577 T-REX RIFLE - "TWO" 577 T-REX RIFLES

Hello All,

You may recall my post from my post on this forum last January, where I finally found an original A-Square 577 T-Rex Tyrannosaur rifle that I had been searching for. I searched for nearly 5 years trying to find one for sale. Here's the 2019 link and a picture of that rifle.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13527063/1

[Linked Image]

So as my heading above says: What's better than a 577 T-Rex Rifle? - "TWO" 577 T-Rex rifles. I started searching the internet this year and asked forum readers to help me find one. It only took 4 days to find this second one in a Gun Shop in Tennessee. And this one's a REAL DANDY ..

Here are some pictures of the new addition.

[Linked Image]

This one has some really nice figured wood. It has a single standing leaf rear sight, and an M8 2x EER Leupold Scope, in a set of Custom A-Square's QD Quick-Detachable Rings. There is a large Flip-Lever on the left front base. All you do to remove the scope is flip the lever, and twist off the scope. To put the scope back on - you twist it back in place, and flip the lever back to lock it. Now the rifle's back in scope mode and it never changed Zero. That's Slick!

The Scout rifle scope mounting like this is perfect on a heavy recoiling Dangerous Game rifle. It accomplishes 2 important things. First, and most important, it keeps your face "way back" away from the scope so you don't have to worry about being bashed by the scope during recoil. Second, with the scope mounted forward, it keeps the action area clear for "fast-topping-off" the magazine if more shots are needed.

As many of my previous posts have shown, I love guns with stories. And the T-Rex has an "everlasting story". This is one of the very few guns that has an iconic youtube video that has been seen by thousands of Gun Enthusiasts - all over the World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrImp-ek3bI

Every time I show-off the T-Rex rifle at the range, or when I display it at a gun shows, or when I'm just showing it to visiting gun friends, everyone instantly recognize the rifle as; "That's the Dinosaur Gun from the Internet!" .... and now they are going to say; [b]"And you got 2 of them? - WOW"[b]

Also, the famous T-REX rifle even has a wikipedia reference on Google. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577_Tyrannosaur

If anyone knows of another one of these big boys for sale - let me know. I'd love to have 3 of them.;)

As always, your comments are most welcome.

[Linked Image]

What does that beast weigh??

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntz

What does that beast weigh??

Hello Huntz,
Thanks for the reply.

T-Rex number 1 weighs 14 pounds - - - 14pounds 13 ounces when loaded with 4 rounds

T-Rex number 2 with the scope weighs 14 pounds 10 ounces - - - 15 pounds 7 ounces when loaded with 4 rounds

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
WOW! what a pair of game Bashers, thank god for the weight of them, I have a 14 pound 577 Nitro double, recoil with 750gr bullets at 2075 fps is bad enough, your T-Rex's will run them to 2500 fps if I remember correctly.

Trump Won!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
If I had a bunch of money I would make a .600 Godzilla.

That would be better than the .577 T-Rex. laugh laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Set up your 5 gallon bucket of liquid Advil IV drip first ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And hell Elk, one big tractor tire will buy one of those rifles. grin

Trump Won!
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Most likely,two big tractor tires will get that rifle.

Yup,on the 5 gallon Advil drip.

Rabbits beware!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Maybe a .700 Blue Whale for those things that go bump in the night.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
wink

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
WOW! what a pair of game Bashers, thank god for the weight of them, I have a 14 pound 577 Nitro double, recoil with 750gr bullets at 2075 fps is bad enough, your T-Rex's will run them to 2500 fps if I remember correctly.

Hello gunner500,
Thanks for the reply.

Nice thing about the A-Square .577 T-Rex rifles is that each of them comes from the factory with 3 mercury recoil reducers built into the stock, and the overall surface area of the recoil pad is more than twice that of a conventional Big Bore Double Rifle.

Hello elkhunternm,
Thanks for the reply.

But only the A-Square .577 T-Rex has the iconic youtube video that's been seen by thousands.

Last edited by buckstix; 06/21/20.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
While I appreciate big boomers like those, I think I'll stick with .17 Hornets and such. Recoil is not my friend, and we're kinda short on ellyphants, Godzillas, and T-Rexs here in Kentucky. I wuss out at .378 Weatherbys, and I haven't shot one of those for a LONG time. Even 12gauge slugs are no fun these days.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty cool. But no thanks. We senior citizens have learned our limitations. I won't do anything bigger than my buddies braked 340 Weatherby anymore. Even my 12 ga. slug gun seems to kick harder than it once did. That's gotta be a fabulous dangerous game rifle, although it could also be dangerous to the shooter as well.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
While I appreciate big boomers like those, I think I'll stick with .17 Hornets and such. Recoil is not my friend, and we're kinda short on ellyphants, Godzillas, and T-Rexs here in Kentucky. I wuss out at .378 Weatherbys, and I haven't shot one of those for a LONG time. Even 12gauge slugs are no fun these days.

Hello ratsmaker,
Thanks for the reply.

You are lucky shooting those little calibers - You can get 38 bullets for one of the T-Rex - and get 390 shots per pound of powder vs 33 for the T-Rex - and shoot 125 shots to equal the felt recoil from just one shot of the T-Rex.

Originally Posted by 22250rem
Pretty cool. But no thanks. We senior citizens have learned our limitations. I won't do anything bigger than my buddies braked 340 Weatherby anymore. Even my 12 ga. slug gun seems to kick harder than it once did. That's gotta be a fabulous dangerous game rifle, although it could also be dangerous to the shooter as well.

Hello 22250,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm a senior citizen (age 69) and still enjoy these big ones. But I'm not fond of 12ga slugs either - in most cases the shotguns are too light, and recoil seems worse than my Big Bores.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by buckstix
Originally Posted by gunner500

Hello gunner500,
Thanks for the reply.

Nice thing about the A-Square .577 T-Rex rifles is that each of them comes from the factory with 3 mercury recoil reducers built into the stock, and the overall surface area of the recoil pad is more than twice that of a conventional Big Bore Double Rifle.

Hello elkhunternm,
Thanks for the reply.

But only the A-Square .577 T-Rex has the iconic youtube video that's been seen by thousands.

Nice, but bet it's still like an Elephant backing into you with the massive rearward push at recoil.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Buckstix, I always enjoy the posts of your finds. Thanks for letting us in on them.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What is the parent case the 416 Rigby? How does this compare to the 585 Nyati and the classic Gibbs and Jeffrey 50s? I am surprised that Saeds rifle is not banged up from all the rubes shooting it.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 240NMC, 71 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.