Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by WAM
I think for that kind of cash and looking out for wifeys welfare I’d make a quick scouting trip to that place before I spent that kind of money. Might be $500 well spent... just kinda “show up”.

I might just do that. My sister and her husband live in Colorado Springs so it wouldn't be too far out of the way to go check out the C Lazy U and then go visit my sister and brother-in-law. If that happened to coincide with 2nd or 3rd rifle elk season that would be sheer coincidence, right?

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like your female is WAY too demanding. I would split the two objectives. Plan a vacation time with her. Don’t try to hybridize the two or you’ll be disappointed. Plan your Elk hunt for you & leave her at home.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’d like to do the same spouse vacation/ hunting trip for me but am thinking South Africa is where we may do that. Elk county during elk season isn’t usually my idea of outdoor vacation weather without a rifle or bow involved. We have a family hunt in BNW Colorado annually but men and a couple of friends who have girls who hunt with enthusiasm are all that go.

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by specneeds
I’d like to do the same spouse vacation/ hunting trip for me but am thinking South Africa is where we may do that. Elk county during elk season isn’t usually my idea of outdoor vacation weather without a rifle or bow involved. We have a family hunt in BNW Colorado annually but men and a couple of friends who have girls who hunt with enthusiasm are all that go.

South Africa is on the list, but it probably won't be until our daughters are in college. The appeal of Colorado is that if something goes wrong, my wife can get on a plane and be back home within a day. That just isn't possible from SA. For Fall 2021 we will have one in college as a Freshman and the other in High School, but with a car/license. So, they can be self-sufficient while we are gone for ~9 days.

Also, SA has the other issue of having to be stuck in a flying tube of germs for 24+ hours possibly during a continuing pandemic. Not something either my wife or I are thrilled about. For SA we would also want to take our daughters with us because that is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip (well, maybe not once, but you get my point).

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sent you a PM

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by John55
Sent you a PM

Yes sir. I got it and thank you. That information was very helpful. I am looking at Three Forks Ranch as well. It is definitely more expensive, but has the benefit of being a Ranching for Wildlife property.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
It is not known for being cheap but is known for being top notch service wise. I've poured a lot of concrete there for the little 10K square foot starter homes. Your wife will be happy pretty much guaranteed, they pamper. The hunting is subcontracted out but known for producing animals as the private sucks them all in from the orange punkin patch surrounding the ranch. The bucks are past tense but you are after bull elk correct? You should have a great first time if you get the right guide, which is pretty much always true. It is not a rugged back country hunt, specifically the opposite. It is in very pretty country which never hurts. If you don't mind the price go and have a great time. When you are dying to suffer and hunt like the rest of us rent my llamas and get away from the orange army.

D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by llamalover2
It is not known for being cheap but is known for being top notch service wise. I've poured a lot of concrete there for the little 10K square foot starter homes. Your wife will be happy pretty much guaranteed, they pamper. The hunting is subcontracted out but known for producing animals as the private sucks them all in from the orange punkin patch surrounding the ranch. The bucks are past tense but you are after bull elk correct? You should have a great first time if you get the right guide, which is pretty much always true. It is not a rugged back country hunt, specifically the opposite. It is in very pretty country which never hurts. If you don't mind the price go and have a great time. When you are dying to suffer and hunt like the rest of us rent my llamas and get away from the orange army.

Yes sir, I am after a bull elk since that is an OTC tag for 2nd/3rd rifle. My wife being happy is a very important consideration as well. The more I have learned about C Lazy U, the more it seems to fit my specific needs for this particular trip. Thank you for the extra information as well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.