Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This works for me. wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
nope. glock 36 for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Still a .45 Ruger P97 or a .45 Government Model 1911.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not as much what I carry-- that's kind of taken a permanent set. Although I am taking a double-stack 9mm more often now.

However, what I keep at the house? That's another thing entirely. Angus is moving out and taking his arsenal with him. That leaves me, the 'HillChick, and the dog.

I loaded up more rounds of M1 Garand in Enbloc and some bandoliers to go with them.

I now have a lot more rounds of 5.56. Half is in magazines or strippers; I got the stripper clips and additional magazines.

I also ordered new mags for the Mini-14's.

We're about 2 miles from the Cincinnati line. KYHillchick and I are not going to be taken alive.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
NOPE......

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Snub nose Ma Deuce.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I carry more loaded magazines in the car now...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I asked my rowdy neighbor this question.

He said no change except that if driving and seeing a situation he doesn’t like, he puts his S&W 642 under his left thigh. Says folks outside the truck can’t see it and he can Quickly get his hand on it without drawing any attention.

Last edited by TF49; 06/25/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Better to just avoid the problem areas. Better yet move to an area with low crime. This is the new norm.

Good luck shooting someone in self defense in today's climate. At the very least you'll be bankrupted.

So many folks say that, but I wonder if it depends on where it happens, because my nephew is a cop in a large Southwestern city, and he assures me that standard operating procedure for them is to give the shooter a pat on the back if it appears to have been a straightforward self-defense shooting, no charges, no taking them in for questioning.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've been thinking of wearing sneakers instead of flip-flops.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Always have a pistol, rifle, and a shotgun in both my trucks anyway. I just swapped the rifle out for an AR.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TF49

He said no change except that if driving and seeing a situation he doesn’t like, he puts his S&W 642 under his left thigh. Says folks outside the truck can’t see it and he can Quickly get his hand on it without drawing any attention.

I think one or two of the FBI agents involved in the '86 Miami shootout did the same thing.
When their cars came to a sudden stop their guns ended up on the floor. They started the shootout looking for their guns on the floor rather than drawing from the holster and firing.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Yep. As the old saying goes, "Feets, don't fail me now!" grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes. I carry all the time now. Glock 43 with +2 extension and a extra mag. IWB

With two small kids I always have to have a bag with clothes and what not with me in the truck and on the go for them as well. Extra pistol (Glock 19 with 2- 15 round mag and Glock 33 round mag) in the hidden compartment of the bag. It’s a Vertx bag that’s in a compartment easily accessible to me under rear seat. The kids can not open that compartment as the latch is hidden. They don’t even know it’s there. Just requires I am ultra diligent about keeping that bag safely away from them. Which I do religiously. Have done this for a while now.

That bag has some pretty basic edc items in it that I can actually see as useable( and have used). Nothing crazy. Plus being in emergency medicine I keep a basic first aid kit with clot packs, Sam splint, and 2 tourniquets.

Have thought about a ar15 PDW in that compartment instead and locking the Glock in the glove compartment or console( don’t access them frequently if ever anyways)

Times are changing and not for the better. Rather be somewhat prepared and never need it then caught off guard.

Local detective friend is giving me a plate carrier setup and some plates. I don’t know why he is doing it, cause I never have asked or even mentioned anything like that to him, but never lick a gift horse in the mouth. Won’t be keeping this in my truck I don’t believe lol

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by TF49

I think one or two of the FBI agents involved in the '86 Miami shootout did the same thing.
When their cars came to a sudden stop their guns ended up on the floor. They started the shootout looking for their guns on the floor rather than drawing from the holster and firing.

Yes, that could be an issue. Might depend on how fast your going, but if one is surrounded by hateful hooligans pounding on your hood and beating on your windows, where ever it is, you want to be able to get your hand on it quick.

Last edited by TF49; 06/25/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Local detective friend is giving me a plate carrier setup and some plates. I don’t know why he is doing it, cause I never have asked or even mentioned anything like that to him, but never lick a gift horse in the mouth. Won’t be keeping this in my truck I don’t believe lol

My cop nephew just sent me a trauma plate for my Level IIIA vest. Fits perfectly in the pocket, right over the heart.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yeah, two more 25 round PMags stoked with 176gr Lehighs in the pickup if going up to Ft. Smith or any other larger city a P226 tacops 40 will be riding on my belt with Glock 21, both with 140 and 200gr Lehighs.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
plenty...

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Swapped out the Chief's Special for a 15+ round 9mm with a extra mag.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,499
Posts18,452,455
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.