Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thinking of moving away from Apple phones.
Anyway for 600 bucks I can buy a new unlocked S10, or a S10E.
Any advice? I like taking pics, so S10 has zoom lens.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had several including 2 samsung. The samsung was the most durable one I"ve had. I still use a Samsung 4 for bluetooth

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got an galaxy a20 a few weeks ago, works for me and does everything I need.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just got an S10E a couple weeks ago. It does more than I need it to do for sure. The camera is very good and has an 8X zoom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I know basically nothing about phones but ended up getting an S20.

Had it for a couple weeks now.

Crazy little device, especially coming from a +10 year old flip phone.

It kinda creeps me out.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an S10E. I'm content with it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 2 best smart phones I've used were the Motorola E2, and the E4

The E2 was very good with less camera quality, less data storage, and fewer features, but it worked wonderfully for me. It was a smaller size and was more easily carried and handled. Easily my favorite phone ever. Perfect size and thickness and had a non slip texture to the body of the phone

The E4 is a little larger and has more screen area, data storage, and features. But the larger size is about the limit of what I wanna carry. This one is as usable as the E2 but is thinner and the phone has a slick, slippery surface making it hard to keep ahold of. A rough textured phone cover was the answer but was hard to find for this model.

My E4 is 3 years old now and I'm sweating it's replacement a little bit. Don't want larger. Don't want thin and slippery. Don't want it to tie my shoes for me.

I use banking, map, weather, market, music and reminder apps. If the old E2 had just a bit more storage it'd be the perfect phone for life, and I'd buy a dozen...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have used varioius phones from Samsung, LG, and Apple...

Thank you, but no....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a note8 that's been pretty good. One thing with an unlocked phone. I have ATT and our cell coverage is spotty at the house but better than other carriers. I'd use wifi calling but ATT doesn't support it on unbranded unlocked phones (at least this one). Next one I'll check that before buying it.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Samsung S10+ or S20.

The S10 should be dropping in price with the S20 out.

I recommend either. HIGHLY capable devices.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Motorola G7 Power. 5,000 mAh battery can last a week. I generally use about 9-12% of the battery's capacity per day on mine, but I'm not on my phone yacking all day either.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/25/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got two Samsung S9s that work perfect in great shape I'd sell for $250 each. We just got S20 5g's this week.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Samsung or LG. All of my electronic devices speak Korean.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've been satisfied with Samsung products . . . at least so far.

I am not one who HAS to have the latest smart phone (or computer) so I am still using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that is about 8 years old (maybe a bit more?). Just ordered a replacement battery for it tonight. Anyway, my bride, on the other hand, has had a Note 2, Note 5 and is currently running a Note 9. If I ever NEED to replace mine it would probably be something in the Samsung "S" series. Like my computer(s), I don't use a whole lot of what they can/could do, so I am easily satisfied.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
N
NTG Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Get a Google pixel. I got a 3a about 3 months ago. Liked it quite a bit. Great camera, less bloat ware, about half the cost of most high end phone but very competitive with them.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've had my Motorola e3 for a year and a half with no complaints.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Motorola G7 Power. 5,000 mAh battery can last a week. I generally use about 9-12% of the battery's capacity per day on mine, but I'm not on my phone yacking all day either.
I have a G7 Power and my wife has the G Power (without the 7). The only difference is where the camera is located and some minor differences in programming. Mine is a couple years old and has been great. The only problem is that it's taller than most phones and doesn't fit in a shirt pocket as well. I do like that larger battery.

One trick for battery life is to put it on airplane when you don't have service. If there's no service, it'll keep looking for it and that seems to draw the battery down faster. Having location on will draw it down faster, too. If you don't need location, turn it off. It's used by a lot of apps, though, so expect some problems there.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got two Samsung S9s that work perfect in great shape I'd sell for $250 each. We just got S20 5g's this week.

Bb

I would jump on this offer! If the phone if the phone is unlocked or will work with your carrier.

I got an S9 about a year and a half ago. Far better antenna reception than my S4 or S6. I can browse the interwebs for hours on the battery.

I am tickled to death with it. I put it in an Otterbox Defender and gorilla glass to keep it safe. The phone is supposed to be waterproof, so the case is not. But I do not intend to take it swimming.

Mine is unlocked and came from Best Buy. I do not see anything online for less than $400.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 81 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.