That's what it was.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
What can we learn from this lesson?

It is wrong to carry a weapon within the confines of your own home.

Heavily armed strangers with superior weapons are supposed to break into your castle and disarm you, kidnap you and put you in their concrete dungeon.

If you so much as protest, the men who a stranger /neighbor calls for your own safety (serve &protect),
have a legitimate right of Superior power to be your judge, jury, and electrocutioners.

In many states the use of an electric chair is considered unconstitutional as inhumane punishment (torture) for capital convictions such as murder.
In most states, electrocution by officer friendly by a device fondly refered to it's brand name , tazer, is not considered inhumane, torture, and is of course the loving tender hearted thing to do.

After they torture you to death, they will ask around to find out if they can blame your dead carcass for their murder, after all the guy was crazy! We HAD to put him down for his own safety.......uhhh, we feared for our lives when we kicked in his door.

The tazers are routinely used to electrocute....to DEATH many people every year without so much as offering innocent people due process of any kind.

News flash to the world. The heart runs off of electrical impulses. You don't have to be a cardiologist to know this !

Now. Let us have a moment of silence for NY finest doing their best to protect. Hand over heart, tear in the eye.....Thank you for your service to our community.
😐

Well said.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I like Gyros. (hanco alert)

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Samurai George wasn't even safe in his own home,
but LE made the world a safer place.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
I hope that mother sues the snot outta that 'neighbor'.... What a total azzhole..

Yep. Caused the whole thing with their lying. Lied to get a result she desired.

She's the one who should be drug out of her house and beaten.

Who would you expect, I guess. It's Queens, NY.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

Heavily armed strangers with superior weapons are supposed to break into your castle and disarm you, kidnap you and put you in their concrete dungeon.

If you so much as protest,.....

"We are from the Gov and we are here to
help you" (whether you like it not.)

Good Ronald Regan quote!
No doubt this was this dude's sentiment too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
He is Greek who cares.

Are Greeks White?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Samurai Greek?

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by tzone
Should have dropped the F'n sword I guess.

He had dropped the F'n sword. Try F'n reading!

"The video indicates the suspect was unarmed when finally arrested."

Quoting from the article.....

"When police entered the house, they ordered Zapantis to drop the sword, but when he refused to, they tasered him. As they attempted to handcuff him outside of the house, police tasered him again".

A video taken by a neighbour show cops tasering Zapantis as they struggled with him outside the door to his apartment, with one officer shouting “Get down! You’re going to get tasered again if you don’t get down!”

This was a tragedy, the dude was mentally ill, but it is never a good idea to give cops a hard time......they might kill you, accidentally or on purpose. Maybe the poor guy didn't have the mental facilities required to get that if he is bi-polar and either off his meds or the meds were not working.

Its a little early and I'm only on my first cup of java but what seems to be missing is why the cops reacted so strongly him having the sword inside his own house unless its illegal in New Yawk. I'm guessing that they wanted to talk to him about having a gun, which the neighbor reported, and he started acting crazy.

To the other point, there won't be much said by the national media because the man was white and no "protesting" is gonna happen.

Last edited by RJY66; 06/26/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"When police entered the house, they ordered Zapantis to drop the sword,

Why?
Did they have a warrant to enter his home?
Is it a crime to have a sword in your own home?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
there is no doubt in my mind that police "tactics" reform is needed. I don't believe the defund the police stuff, but they sure could use better deescalation training. I often wonder if the rubber truncheons were a better solution than the tasers.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
An example of changes in police tactics. I have a friend recently retired from being an LEO. A few years back he told me a story of when he had a new officer in training with him when he got the call of shots being fired at a campground. They responded and the new officer starts to suit up in all the tactical gear and grabs the AR, ready to go charging in. My friend tells him to slow down and he walks over to a tree where he can see what's going on. He sees the guys set up some tin cans and shoot at them. My friend calmly walks up to the guys with a "Hi guys, what's going on?" He calmly tells the guys to put the gun down and informs them it's illegal to target shoot in the campground. He removes the gun and issues them an appearance ticket.

Now, consider how this could have gone down differently if they had gone into the camp all geared up, guns drawn and yelling commands to "Drop the gun! Get on the ground! Get on the ground now or we're going to shoot you!" Any hesitation on the campers part or inadvertent pointing of the gun in the officer's direction would have got the campers killed. Most people in such a situation will be confused and likely to respond confrontationally when someone charges at them with guns drawn and yelling at them. My retired LEO disagrees with the way police officers are currently being trained in the Academies. We need more Sheriff Taylors and fewer Rambos.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We need more Sheriff Taylors and fewer Rambos.
And citizens who comply with authority.

Well said Cooper.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What can we learn from this lesson?

It is wrong to carry a weapon within the confines of your own home.

If you so much as protest, the men who a stranger /neighbor calls for your own safety (serve &protect),
have a legitimate right of Superior power to be your judge, jury, and electrocutioners.

In many states the use of an electric chair is considered unconstitutional as inhumane punishment (torture) for capital convictions such as murder.
In most states, electrocution by officer friendly by a device fondly refered to it's brand name , tazer, is not considered inhumane, torture, and is of course the loving tender hearted thing to do.

After they torture you to death, they will ask around to find out if they can blame your dead carcass for their murder, after all the guy was crazy! We HAD to put him down for his own safety.......uhhh, we feared for our lives when we kicked in his door.

The tazers are routinely used to electrocute....to DEATH many people every year without so much as offering innocent people due process of any kind.

News flash to the world. The heart runs off of electrical impulses. You don't have to be a cardiologist to know this !

Now. Let us have a moment of silence for NY finest doing their best to protect. Hand over heart, tear in the eye.....Thank you for your service to our community.
😐

Well said.
In spades....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
"When police entered the house, they ordered Zapantis to drop the sword,

Why?
Did they have a warrant to enter his home?
Is it a crime to have a sword in your own home?

This was my first thought. Is it standard procedure to kick down doors just because a neighbor told them he was armed? Zapantis should have said, "Is there a problem officers? Why did you kick my door in? Is it illegal to have a sword in NY City?"

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Now the Greeks are going to torch Greek owned restaurants. That will get back at all the social injustice. OPA!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1
The Samurai Greek?

Hahahaha!

You beat me to it.
I was thinking, Greek Samurai delicatessen.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It said that he had mental problems of some kind. When he didm't immediately comply--he was probably confused by the sudden 'arrival' and orders --they tased him.

Some guy in town was walking around with a machete some years ago. Cops confronted him and he refused to drop the machete and kept advancing on the cops -so the story went- and the machete guy got killed. Same deal or different? I don't know, but carrying a deadly weapon around people with deadly weapons is hazardous for sure.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by g5m

It said that he had mental problems of some kind. When he didm't immediately comply--he was probably confused by the sudden 'arrival' and orders --they tased him.

Some guy in town was walking around with a machete some years ago. Cops confronted him and he refused to drop the machete and kept advancing on the cops -so the story went- and the machete guy got killed. Same deal or different? I don't know, but carrying a deadly weapon around people with deadly weapons is hazardous for sure.

Best not to carry a sword in your home. Those things are deadly - to the owner.

Who was he threatening?

When will a good neighbor report someone walking around their house with a gun? A big butcher knife?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,935
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.