Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by buckstix
WOW! what a pair of game Bashers, thank god for the weight of them, I have a 14 pound 577 Nitro double, recoil with 750gr bullets at 2075 fps is bad enough, your T-Rex's will run them to 2500 fps if I remember correctly.

Hello gunner500,
Thanks for the reply.

Nice thing about the A-Square .577 T-Rex rifles is that each of them comes from the factory with 3 mercury recoil reducers built into the stock, and the overall surface area of the recoil pad is more than twice that of a conventional Big Bore Double Rifle.

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
If I had a bunch of money I would make a .600 Godzilla.

That would be better than the .577 T-Rex. laugh laugh

Hello elkhunternm,
Thanks for the reply.

But only the A-Square .577 T-Rex has the iconic youtube video that's been seen by thousands.

Nice, but bet it's still like an Elephant backing into you with the massive rearward push at recoil.

Gunner, am I hearing this right. You balking at recoil... shocked

Never thought I'd ever hear that... blush

grin

DF

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think before I spent any money on a T rex I'd buy 1 of those Barret semi auto 50 BMG's. They look like a better investment and provide better lr shooting use. Before you tell me what I don't know about big cartridges I've been using a 50 3.25" Shiloh Sharps with holy black for 29 years and no you don't even get 50 loads to the pound. Extra strength Tylenol 1/2 before you go to shooting still works for me. They are nice LOOKING though. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by buckstix
WOW! what a pair of game Bashers, thank god for the weight of them, I have a 14 pound 577 Nitro double, recoil with 750gr bullets at 2075 fps is bad enough, your T-Rex's will run them to 2500 fps if I remember correctly.

Hello gunner500,
Thanks for the reply.

Nice thing about the A-Square .577 T-Rex rifles is that each of them comes from the factory with 3 mercury recoil reducers built into the stock, and the overall surface area of the recoil pad is more than twice that of a conventional Big Bore Double Rifle.

Originally Posted by elkhunternm
If I had a bunch of money I would make a .600 Godzilla.

That would be better than the .577 T-Rex. laugh laugh

Hello elkhunternm,
Thanks for the reply.

But only the A-Square .577 T-Rex has the iconic youtube video that's been seen by thousands.

Nice, but bet it's still like an Elephant backing into you with the massive rearward push at recoil.

Gunner, am I hearing this right. You balking at recoil... shocked

Never thought I'd ever hear that... blush

grin

DF

Yes, you read right DF, it finally started to sink in on the bench the other day with 30 rounds of Big 50 Sharps and 780gr bullets ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would think if ever three was a rifle crying out for a muzzle brake, this would be it.

Of course I think most of the folks shooting this rifle in the video aren’t experienced shooters of DG rifles, and for at least some, the rifle clearly doesn’t fit them.

How controllable is this rifle in the hands of an experienced shooter with a well fitting stock?

In any case OP, I’m glad you can follow your passion collecting this exotic caliber. I’ll stick to my .35 Whelen laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll bet the ad for that rifle was a lot like the Italian Carcano in the gunshop window:

"Like New - Never Fired, Dropped Once."

smile

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

G
G
I'm very jealous! I'm wondering if you can share what kind of work you had to do the bolt from the 577 vsre to function properly with the T-Rex
Thanks,
Gunner2012

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have a wood presentation box with 5 cartridges with 700 caliber bullet / cartridges box says: 700 H&H Nitro Express , 3 1/2 inch ,1,000 grain solid nosed bullet ,, at my age of 67 years old i am no longer man enough to want to shoot this size cartridge or should i say dumb enough

Last edited by pete53; 10/16/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Those are beauties. I’d bet they’d do real well on squirrels with FMJ bullets. Soft points might not leave much for the table. 😁

Last edited by navlav8r; 10/16/20.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear the recoil is horrific even when dry firing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
I hear the recoil is horrific even when dry firing.

That's offset by the fact that dry firing will also drop lesser animals in their tracks. (Sort of like the .45/70.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thing I like about artillery is the color it adds to otherwise drab affairs.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for sharing your amazing find, Sir.
It does have the distinction of pounding on the largest number of paying customers on youtube.

Is it in good condition or does it show some wear and tear for it's hard life?

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have a 3 week long headache if I pulled the trigger on that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those might be an interesting option as a woodchuck gun.... no need to wait for them to come up above ground grin

I always think cast bullets with any jumbo sized round. There are 35 pages of guys showing off their art work on the cast bullet forum. I think the gloss black with a sprinkle of "zombie's blood" might be a good choice

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?251956-Powder-coated-bullets-pics-only/page36

I like the signature line of the guy selling the powder coating supplies over there too . "I'm not crazy.... my mom had me tested..." cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
two words......patrol rifle

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still get a “Kick” out of watching the guys at the factory shooting that rifle. Funny stuff!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like a good plinking rifle.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (163bc, 12344mag, 2UP, 257 mag, 007FJ, 30 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,290
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.