Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Needed that. Needed mass gatherings and riots to spread this virus. How else would they justify screwing up the election?

Question.

Should the left successfully use this to hinder the election what are the mechanics of power in the US, specifically who holds power after the current President's term is up. Does Congress assume interim power...seriously...who?

Or does the incumbent retain power 'til election, but without the full power of the Presidency to hobble congress.

Works both ways. The left should NOT be using it for political purposes, and the administration should NOT be printing money and spending it like a drunken sailor, sending checks to retirees and others who don't need it to prop up the stock market for their own politcal advantage in the upcoming election. They sent $1.4 Billion to dead people. Let that sink in. Those chickens will come home to roost, but let's keep kicking the can down the road, eh?

1.4 Billion $ was sent to dead people ??

You are nothing more that a dim troll. The idea that retires don't financial need support in a pandemic highlights your stupidity.

You're a f*cking idiot. How did the pandemic negatively affect people who are not working to the extent they needed a bailout? Just one more idiot thinking the government owes you a living.

You better go back to the brain trust and ask for a refund. Please tell me who the government is paying retirement on? I paid for mine! The government does owe me a living! Now get back to work, I'm expecting next months payment.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Needed that. Needed mass gatherings and riots to spread this virus. How else would they justify screwing up the election?

Question.

Should the left successfully use this to hinder the election what are the mechanics of power in the US, specifically who holds power after the current President's term is up. Does Congress assume interim power...seriously...who?

Or does the incumbent retain power 'til election, but without the full power of the Presidency to hobble congress.

Works both ways. The left should NOT be using it for political purposes, and the administration should NOT be printing money and spending it like a drunken sailor, sending checks to retirees and others who don't need it to prop up the stock market for their own politcal advantage in the upcoming election. They sent $1.4 Billion to dead people. Let that sink in. Those chickens will come home to roost, but let's keep kicking the can down the road, eh?

1.4 Billion $ was sent to dead people ??

You are nothing more that a dim troll. The idea that retires don't financial need support in a pandemic highlights your stupidity.

You're a f*cking idiot. How did the pandemic negatively affect people who are not working to the extent they needed a bailout? Just one more idiot thinking the government owes you a living.

You better go back to the brain trust and ask for a refund. Please tell me who the government is paying retirement on? I paid for mine! The government does owe me a living! Now get back to work, I'm expecting next months payment.

Are you two no longer expecting Christmas cards from each other? Lol

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It was an inescapable fact that COVID cases were going to increase as people started coming in closer contact with one another. That's the way communicable diseases work. I have continued to maintain as much physical distance from people as possible. I still mask up (for what little good that does) in public places. I still wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap regularly. I have hand sanitizer in my truck, office and at home.

Those are low load, easy precautions. I occupy a weird place in my view of this. It's serious business. I have talked to far too many friends in the medical community that were on the front lines. It is to be respected, but not feared to the point of paralysis. People need to respect it and use some damn common sense.

A good post. I highlighted the last 2 sentences in your post as they are an important point that is brought up when you talk with doctors and other medical folks as to whether this is real or just a hoax.

Unfortunately this thing has been politicized to the extreme by both sides of the political aisle and by both extreme and totally opposite political beliefs, which is not helpful to anyone.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Question.

I love how you make this [bleep] up. Ex-El Presidente' retains nothing.

I was asking a question, you stupid arrogant cunt.

Stupid arrogant cu...nnt may be giving her too much credit

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mirage243
120 million dead from the Covid per Sleepy Joe. He's gotta be the dumbest fuqking politician ever.

It makes you wonder when he last had an independent thought.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would personally like to see a number of people that have had it and are now over it right beside the number of cases posted on the news.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Texas experiencing ‘massive outbreak ‘ according to Governor Abbot.

Houston Emergency and ICUs at near capacity.

Flave, thoughts ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cov...658j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Conduct is the best proof of character.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by centershot
Would personally like to see a number of people that have had it and are now over it right beside the number of cases posted on the news.

Probably not what you want to see. It doesn't look very good for you or any other human.

But you can find it easily enough
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I do not know if protests had anything to do with the spike but found this interesting, nontheless

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-pr...YMF-ZTj_of-MCjlW9sZM7CFmyeJPLvqegKaUnb8c

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Probably not what you want to see. It doesn't look very good for you or any other human.

CDC is now saying that up to ten times that number may have been infected, at least in the US.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

World O Bullshit, LOL

"How it works
For the COVID-19 data, we collect data from official reports, or indirectly, through local media sources when deemed reliable."

IOW, they take reports from the ministry of propaganda, and get cited as an authority by the ministry of propaganda.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, president and vice president ends on 1/21. Next would be speaker of the house but Pelosi's term ends 1/3. So then it would be to the president pro tempore of the Senate which is Chuck Grassey whose term ends in 2023.

I think

Last edited by Armednfree; 06/26/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Unfortunately for you leeroi most on here have a post 6th grade eduction

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well, president and vice president ends on 1/21. Next would be speaker of the house but Pelosi's term ends 1/3. So then it would be to the president pro tempore of the Senate which is Chuck Grassey whose term ends in 2023.

I think

Except Grassley's term as pres pro tem also could end on 1/3, unless the Republicans hold the Senate.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dassa

I think

Except Grassley's term as pres pro tem also could end on 1/3, unless the Republicans hold the Senate.

Any which way the coming November election goes, if we lose the Senate, it’s fuggin over. Period.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I think

Any which way the coming November election goes, if we lose the Senate, it’s fuggin over. Period.

I agree. As much as I think McConnell is a weasel, he's definitely held the line on the insanity coming out of the house, and got a lot of judges in.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

I think

I agree. As much as I think McConnell is a weasel, he's definitely held the line on the insanity coming out of the house, and got a lot of judges in.

The Senate being the key to the scotus and the lower Appeals Courts is the true prize. Chuck Schumer said as much.

Mitch holding back on the scotus appointment in Obama’s waning tenure said a lot and many folks missed that.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I damn dance halls aint never gonna open up again. It’s boring on Saturday nights.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hanco
I damn dance halls aint never gonna open up again. It’s boring on Saturday nights.

Get naked and dance at home.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,779 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.