Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't see this coming, home sales are actuality up in MT during the pandemic as people flee big cities. I thought realestate would go in the chitter for a bit. It's a bidding war for move in ready houses under $350k. If it gets much more crowded around here I might have to move in with Jim , or Browning maybe laugh

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2020/06/24/seeking-safe-haven/

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
BP-B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
It's going to happen around here too because I live near Austin. I hate it because we already have way too many Austin transplants here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We're seeing the same in Bozeman (though it's been a hot market for a while). Houses in the sub $750k range get sold almost immediately, and the market for $1 mil and above homes is pretty active as well. Can't say I'm happy about it, but I'm hoping that the folks buying have learned their lessons about what ruined big cities they're running from. I know that's unlikely, but I'm already pissed off enough....

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My condolences sent to you in Montana. They will try and turn it liberal like every state they invade. Ed k

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ERK
My condolences sent to you in Montana. They will try and turn it liberal like every state they invade. Ed k
Yep, they're all gonna be ass holes that won't try to fit in but instead will expect you all to accept their ways and accomodate them. City people ain't good for a goddam thing.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Been on its way for quite a while now. Austin, Buda, Kyle. Like the Dallas metroplex. Already sucked up Cedar Creek and almost Bastrop.
Originally Posted by victoro
It's going to happen around here too because I live near Austin. I hate it because we already have way too many Austin transplants here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There are no Texans in Austin.
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Been on its way for quite a while now. Austin, Buda, Kyle. Like the Dallas metroplex. Already sucked up Cedar Creek and almost Bastrop.
Originally Posted by victoro

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Thank goodness there's nothing but old, weathered clapboard houses in dismal coal camps in Kentucky.

We don't need all of those commies moving here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
And anyway,..when any of them Pacific coast whiffenpoofs move to Kentucky they get sucked in (pun intended) by the homo community in Lexington.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Remsen
We're seeing the same in Bozeman (though it's been a hot market for a while). Houses in the sub $750k range get sold almost immediately, and the market for $1 mil and above homes is pretty active as well. Can't say I'm happy about it, but I'm hoping that the folks buying have learned their lessons about what ruined big cities they're running from. I know that's unlikely, but I'm already pissed off enough....

I have a close friend in Big Timber. She takes care of the big ranches in the Big Timber area of the uber rich out off towners who come and summer in their multi million dollar ranches. She just mentioned this one extremely rich lady, from NYC and never held a job in her life , pulled her aside when she was cleaning her big ranch house. The lady, who recently became a woke social justice warrior, demanded to know if she was a racist Trump supporter and if she supported social justice. My friend reminded the rich trust fund lady that she never talks politics or religion with her clients. The rich lady insisted that she answer. My friend said that she told her as soon as they return their rich ranch land ( 2,000 acres) back to the local Indians they stole it from she would be more than happy to have that discussion. She also added they should return their winter estate in Florida back to the native Americans. And she added that she would appreciate it if she would stop stop treating her like a hired slave too and that she should she be ashamed of how she interacts with the locals who have lived and farmed the area for generations. And she reminded the woke bish that all of the uber rich white privilged out of staters have priced all of the locals out of housing, farming and ranching and most are too cheap to pay the locals a decent wage even though they can more than afford to. She has worked for this uber rich family 17 years and does a great job and treats the rich lady's family like gold.

She advised lady shut up and looked at her in disbelief and walked away.

So good luck with Montana not going full returd.

Last edited by ribka; 06/26/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Jim Conrad could fix the problem if he would just travel around in his red union suit knocking on doors and asking the women who answered if he could borrow a cup of sugar,.......then wink at 'em.

The price of housing would go down and the price of for sale signs would go up.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ERK
Yep, they're all gonna be ass holes that won't try to fit in but instead will expect you all to accept their ways and accomodate them. City people ain't good for a goddam thing.

Blackheart nailed it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Housing is hot in urban areas of SD too. Daughter was thinking of selling her house outside of Sioux Falls but was concerned that market would be flat due to the “pandemic”. Realtor said just the opposite, she listed it and had lots of interest, sold in the first few days and accepted an offer for more than what it was listed for.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ERK

So is this a totally new phenomena for Montana?

Bozeman hasn't been referred to as "Boz Angeles" for years for no reason. And Missoula fits into the San Fran mold quite well due to their transplants.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ribka

I have a close friend in Big Timber. She takes care of the big ranches in the Big Timber area of the uber rich out off towners who come and summer in their multi million dollar ranches. She just mentioned this one extremely rich lady, from NYC and never held a job in her life , pulled her aside when she was cleaning her big ranch house. The lady, who recently became a woke social justice warrior, demanded to know if she was a racist Trump supporter and if she supported social justice. My friend reminded the rich trust fund lady that she never talks politics or religion with her clients. The rich lady insisted that she answer. My friend said that she told her as soon as they return their rich ranch land ( 2,000 acres) back to the local Indians they stole it from she would be more than happy to have that discussion. She also added they should return their winter estate in Florida back to the native Americans. And she added that she would appreciate it if she would stop stop treating her like a hired slave too and that she should she be ashamed of how she interacts with the locals who have lived and farmed the area for generations. And she reminded the woke bish that all of the uber rich white privilged out of staters have priced all of the locals out of housing, farming and ranching and most are too cheap to pay the locals a decent wage even though they can more than afford to. She has worked for this uber rich family 17 years and does a great job and treats the rich lady's family like gold.

I was driving back from my cabin yesterday and had a long coal train on one side of 90 West between Big Timber and Livingston and a semi in the lane next to me. I have a "Jews Choose Trump" bumper sticker on my truck and I hear the semi honking at me...he pointed towards his door, where he had a "KAG 2020" sticker, then he pointed to the train on the other side of me and someone had spray painted "TRUMP 2020" on a stretch of cars. Yeah, there are too many leftists here, but I'm seeing WAY more Trump stickers/support than I ever expected.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by ERK

So is this a totally new phenomena for Montana?

Bozeman hasn't been referred to as "Boz Angeles" for years for no reason. And Missoula fits into the San Fran mold quite well due to their transplants.

It's just accelerating it. NW Montana has always been by a large margin Republican, we don't do Democrats here. I hope it doesn't change. It's going to battle for state control in November. Lots of out of state political money flying in on both sides. Prices get much crazier here I might sell out, move to Maui, or maybe Mississippi.

John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Better enact some vesting requirements on local politics.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka

I was driving back from my cabin yesterday and had a long coal train on one side of 90 West between Big Timber and Livingston and a semi in the lane next to me. I have a "Jews Choose Trump" bumper sticker on my truck and I hear the semi honking at me...he pointed towards his door, where he had a "KAG 2020" sticker, then he pointed to the train on the other side of me and someone had spray painted "TRUMP 2020" on a stretch of cars. Yeah, there are too many leftists here, but I'm seeing WAY more Trump stickers/support than I ever expected.

You should have seen the Trump cruise and rally in Kalispell a few weeks ago, I'm pretty sure 90% of the town was in it or standing on street cheering. The line of cars went through town and halfway back. It was impressive for a smaller town.

John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
It is the same here in WY. Here in Cody affordable homes are flying off the shelves at list price or more.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, this coming winter, some will be saying WTF?!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.