-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anchorage Cabela's has another very anti-gun policy based solely on the location of their heads.

Buyer did paperwork on Sunday evening for a birthday present firearm. Today is the birthday and also three business days following the inception of the check.

Cabela's will not sell the gun because their policy is to wait 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of the current spree of gun-buying it leaves potential buyers waiting a ridiculous amount of time for a legal transfer on a firearm of low concern. I hate that store and this only gives me a clearer picture why...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good Googly Moogly

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Anchorage Cabela's has another very anti-gun policy based solely on the location of their heads.

Buyer did paperwork on Sunday evening for a birthday present firearm. Today is the birthday and also three business days following the inception of the check.

Cabela's will not sell the gun because their policy is to wait 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of the current spree of gun-buying it leaves potential buyers waiting a ridiculous amount of time for a legal transfer on a firearm of low concern. I hate that store and this only gives me a clearer picture why...

Wow, is that an Alaska thing, or all over?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not sure, but I have a major mea culpa to make...

The start of the problem was Sportsman's Whorehouse... They will not turn over a gun until they get a positive response from NICS, OR they wait 30 days.

Cabela's will not turn the gun over until they get a positive response, regardless the time imvolved. But also they pointed out they make people buying black powder "firearms" fill out paperwork and they do not get to buy unless they can pass a background check. I am thinking they do not have the right to ask and certainly the buyer is under zero obligation to tell the truth.

But Cabela's did allow the buyer to have the gun turned over to another FFL...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nobody has to go to Cabelas or Sporty's. They can make their own rules, and we can choose to shop elsewhere.
F them, I hate Cabelas since they sold out to BPS

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
At an Alaska SW I would tell them that you will get Noah the compliance officer on the phone if they are making you wait. Watch the young buck run or page for a manager and then watch that person approve the transfer quicker than how 223 ammo disappears off the shelves.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Nobody has to go to Cabelas or Sporty's. They can make their own rules, and we can choose to shop elsewhere.
F them, I hate Cabelas since they sold out to BPS

If they are using official background check systems I believe that is illegal. If not official there is a lot more wrong with it.

I see the point though with all the flintlock semi-autos being used in ghetto drivebys.

If it saves just one rapper's life?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaboku68
At an Alaska SW I would tell them that you will get Noah the compliance officer on the phone if they are making you wait. Watch the young buck run or page for a manager and then watch that person approve the transfer quicker than how 223 ammo disappears off the shelves.

Which Noah would you be talking about.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That must be an Anchorage Sportsman’s Warehouse in house policy as it’s not Wasilla’s. I was in there last Thursday buying a stripped AR-15 upper. A couple in front of me was buying a hunting rifle I believe and he got delayed. The gun counter guy told him if they didn’t hear anything back in 3 business days, and he stressed business days, then he could come get the rifle. I can’t tell you what happened after that, as I was in and out in under 30 minutes and haven’t been back, as I am waiting on my lower parts kit to come in to put that bad boy together.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
That must be an Anchorage Sportsman’s Warehouse in house policy as it’s not Wasilla’s. I was in there last Thursday buying a stripped AR-15 upper. A couple in front of me was buying a hunting rifle I believe and he got delayed. The gun counter guy told him if they didn’t hear anything back in 3 business days, and he stressed business days, then he could come get the rifle. I can’t tell you what happened after that, as I was in and out in under 30 minutes and haven’t been back, as I am waiting on my lower parts kit to come in to put that bad boy together.

Interesting, as I am trying to figure out where the nonsense is coming from. I will call them tomorrow and find out what they have for a policy. Thank you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't buy guns from box stores.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Cabela's store - they can make their own mores more stringent, not less.

Don't know about AK but around here LOTS of first time buyers going to BPS and arming up. I know of one lady, nought a 22 revolver and purchased 22 Hornet ammo. Clerk did not stop and correct her, if he even knew the difference.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn

Neither do I, normally. And this was just done to facilitate a purchase for a friend with a problem.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I walked into Scottsdale gun club a couple of months ago. Asked to look at a Glock G35, walked out with it and 3 15 rounds magazines 15 minutes later

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I went back to Sportsman's in the Valley yesterday to buy a new fishing vest. As always, I cruised by the gun counter. A gentleman was buying a handgun and the background check came back delayed. They took the gentleman's phone number and said they'd call him as soon as they got an answer in the next "few" days. Heck, maybe it all depends on who is working the gun counter there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Neither do I, normally. And this was just done to facilitate a purchase for a friend with a problem.

This sounds a little sketchy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Agreed, but the full story is 100% above board.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NMiller

This sounds a little sketchy.

Facilitated via my FFL and 100% legal and above board. Reasons for transfer fully disclosed to manager. Problem was a strong desire to have gift in hand in a timely fashion. And it was.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.