Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I didn't see this coming, home sales are actuality up in MT during the pandemic as people flee big cities. I thought realestate would go in the chitter for a bit. It's a bidding war for move in ready houses under $350k. If it gets much more crowded around here I might have to move in with Jim , or Browning maybe laugh

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2020/06/24/seeking-safe-haven/

Opheim.

Thats the secret. No one is gonna bother us in Opheim.

How about Two Dot or Plentywood?

Granrud's Lefse in Opheim is one of the few area bakeries that still produces the traditional Norwegian potato flatbread, Lefse.[1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RFc4Xh4gE

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/26/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
BP-B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are worried about this around here. We are already inundated with massive growth and development. The last thing we need is more big city Northeasterners moving down here. They are doing a heck of a job of turning our state blue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We are worried about this around here. We are already inundated with massive growth and development. The last thing we need is more big city Northeasterners moving down here. They are doing a heck of a job of turning our state blue.

There's a simple solution.

Move to the forests of the north. Rust belt states could use the influx too. Turn them States Red!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My home in Rigby, ID is payed off but with 30 year rates under 3% I asked my mortgage broker what I could borrow. He told me my home was worth $600,000 and I coukd borrow $480,000 with no pmi. I asked the wife if I could borrow and invest in a spec and she said no way. She said the economy is too risky but i think values in Idaho are going to keep climbing.

Bb

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Well, this coming winter, some will be saying WTF?!

Have an acquaintance who was a realtor in Kalispell, Mt, he said it was the greatest place in the world to be a realtor. Out of staters come through in the summer and fall in love with the blue sky, great scenery and nice weather - they move there, buy a house and spend the winter under the gray overcast sky, shoveling snow, and by spring the house is up for sale. Great place for a realtor - just keep selling those houses over and over again.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My home in Rigby, ID is payed off but with 30 year rates under 3% I asked my mortgage broker what I could borrow. He told me my home was worth $600,000 and I coukd borrow $480,000 with no pmi. I asked the wife if I could borrow and invest in a spec and she said no way. She said the economy is too risky but i think values in Idaho are going to keep climbing.

Bb

Specs are always risky, when everyone was doing them 08 they all lost their a$$. These crazy bubbles never end well, but they always end.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
To anyone from out of state wishing to relocate to Montana I would recommend Glasgow, at the old airbase there they have numerous houses at very low prices. Living in Glasgow will give them a feel for Montana.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I tell you, if they came through here today they'd think it heaven on Earth. About perfect. Happy Friday folks.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drover
To anyone from out of state wishing to relocate to Montana I would recommend Glasgow, at the old airbase there they have numerous houses at very low prices. Living in Glasgow will give them a feel for Montana.

drover

HA HA! Yup, I spent a week in Glasgow once. The coldest place I've ever been. It was 40 below the entire time I was there! And I live in ND!

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I didn't see this coming, home sales are actuality up in MT during the pandemic as people flee big cities. I thought realestate would go in the chitter for a bit. It's a bidding war for move in ready houses under $350k. If it gets much more crowded around here I might have to move in with Jim , or Browning maybe laugh

This is not a good thing. Tell them MT is full as I saw on a bumper sticker yesterday.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Opheim.

Thats the secret. No one is gonna bother us in Opheim.

How about Two Dot or Plentywood?

Two Dot is in an area that has already been noticed! I would imagine there is probably nothing most of us can afford there!-------Now Plentywood? I doubt any kind of a price increase there!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Checkerboard too?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim, Opheim? you live there? My wife has cousins that live/ranch near Opheim. I will ask her more about them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Checkerboard too?

Two Dot and Checkerboard both would be popular with the big money people!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm staying behind enemy lines. They won't break me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm staying behind enemy lines. They won't break me.

Good luck man!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know a few people who retired in MT and a few people who moved out of MT to retire.

Think about access to medical facilities.
Think about cold winters.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, Boat,
I've been thinking of going to WF, apparently that Viral Girl is still haunting City Ma Hal. Was up there looking at the blowdown upper WF Lake and when we came through, there she was with posters about racism, racism -- and pretty ignorant verbiage -- "Not all Trumps are racist but Donald Trump is racist." I've got a "looting ain't free speech" sign (a panel, actually) in the back of the pickup and am starting to feel pretty confrontational.

But just really offensive, delusional thinking on her part. She needs an adult talking to.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Remsen
We're seeing the same in Bozeman (though it's been a hot market for a while). Houses in the sub $750k range get sold almost immediately, and the market for $1 mil and above homes is pretty active as well. Can't say I'm happy about it, but I'm hoping that the folks buying have learned their lessons about what ruined big cities they're running from. I know that's unlikely, but I'm already pissed off enough....

I have a close friend in Big Timber. She takes care of the big ranches in the Big Timber area of the uber rich out off towners who come and summer in their multi million dollar ranches. She just mentioned this one extremely rich lady, from NYC and never held a job in her life , pulled her aside when she was cleaning her big ranch house. The lady, who recently became a woke social justice warrior, demanded to know if she was a racist Trump supporter and if she supported social justice. My friend reminded the rich trust fund lady that she never talks politics or religion with her clients. The rich lady insisted that she answer. My friend said that she told her as soon as they return their rich ranch land ( 2,000 acres) back to the local Indians they stole it from she would be more than happy to have that discussion. She also added they should return their winter estate in Florida back to the native Americans. And she added that she would appreciate it if she would stop stop treating her like a hired slave too and that she should she be ashamed of how she interacts with the locals who have lived and farmed the area for generations. And she reminded the woke bish that all of the uber rich white privilged out of staters have priced all of the locals out of housing, farming and ranching and most are too cheap to pay the locals a decent wage even though they can more than afford to. She has worked for this uber rich family 17 years and does a great job and treats the rich lady's family like gold.

She advised lady shut up and looked at her in disbelief and walked away.

So good luck with Montana not going full returd.

I was driving back from my cabin yesterday and had a long coal train on one side of 90 West between Big Timber and Livingston and a semi in the lane next to me. I have a "Jews Choose Trump" bumper sticker on my truck and I hear the semi honking at me...he pointed towards his door, where he had a "KAG 2020" sticker, then he pointed to the train on the other side of me and someone had spray painted "TRUMP 2020" on a stretch of cars. Yeah, there are too many leftists here, but I'm seeing WAY more Trump stickers/support than I ever expected.

You should have seen the Trump cruise and rally in Kalispell a few weeks ago, I'm pretty sure 90% of the town was in it or standing on street cheering. The line of cars went through town and halfway back. It was impressive for a smaller town.

Well that's just ducky, Montana guys, but how many electoral votes does Montana command?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The covid is one thing. But I suspect the riots in the big cities are another cause.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 72 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.