24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My bag target it shot to heck. Both sides. Time to start working on repalcement, which cannot be bought around here. Will have to order it.

I'd like 2' x 2'. All the block targets ive found are smaller and much more expensive.

Thoughts?

BP-B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Drop the old one in a new feed/seed bag and keep shootin?

I would have, but mine was so shot up and left outside it never dried out.

So bought same yellowjacket bag deal new. Hung so that
it never touches the ground ( kind of a sawhorse deal ).

Last edited by hookeye; 06/26/20.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bought a Morrel Yellow Jacket Supreme 3. Great target. 2 finger removal. I too have it swinging from a little frame to keep it off the ground. Need to put a tarp over it to keep it dry before the next rain.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 07/14/20.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I just bought this one with a metal frame, though it's a bit larger (29" x 31") and more $ than mentioned in the original post. I had some Cabelas bucks to burn and got free shipping and am all in for around $100. It's quite a bit heavier than I thought it would be so won't be as portable as I had hoped. I've made my own bag targets from burlap feed sacks from Murdochs stuffed with plastic and is what I will likely do again for a more portable target.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This isn't practical for any of you most likely but I bought an empty Morrell bag like the photo above. I have llamas and have a bunch of fleeces stored up. I stuffed a dozen in the bag and closed it with zip ties. Its been the best target I've used.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This isn't practical for any of you most likely but I bought an empty Morrell bag like the photo above. I have llamas and have a bunch of fleeces stored up. I stuffed a dozen in the bag and closed it with zip ties. Its been the best target I've used.

The empty bags you fill yourself are pretty practical (with or without Llamas grin ). All you need is a roll of sheet plastic, old plastic tarp, pile of recycled plastic grocery bags, etc.). 3 Rivers Archery sells a 'fill it yourself' bag for $25, and a frame to hang it from will run $30-40 which would fit your $60 budget:

For less than $5 a bag, burlap feed sacks do the same thing. Though not as weather resistant, I shoot one up and need to replace it long before it rots from the weather. I prefer the burlap to better mimic an actual shot on a deer or elk since they usually don't have bullseyes painted on them whistle

Either one of these setups are simple to put together and are relatively lightweight for portability...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The problem with filling a bag with plastic is that an arrow will generate heat from friction as it penetrates. It will melt the plastic to the shaft and it's a bitch to scrape off. Instead, go to Goodwill and buy a box of rags. Those will stop an arrow nicely without melting.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

For less than $5 a bag, burlap feed sacks do the same thing. Though not as weather resistant, I shoot one up and need to replace it long before it rots from the weather. I prefer the burlap to better mimic an actual shot on a deer or elk since they usually don't have bullseyes painted on them whistle

Either one of these setups are simple to put together and are relatively lightweight for portability...
Our deer have the point of aim marked on them.

[Linked Image from hunterabout.com]

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At Academy I got a bag target that they sell for around $39.00

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like the small cube targets....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 83 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,939
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.