Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Last Saturday we all went to 'Brewfest'.

Local beer drinking at the stampede grounds...

$40 ticket and all you can drink.

Took a swig off a random bottle of liquor(talking passed around peppermint schnapps birthday bottle,,,,,blah....).

Thought I had CV ever since.

Seriously.

SIL was telling me to waterfall it but I didn't catch the advice quick enough.

Last edited by SamOlson; 06/26/20.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No....probably just cold sores.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Last Saturday we all went to 'Brewfest'.

Local beer drinking at the stampede grounds...

$40 ticket and all you can drink.

Took a swig off a random bottle of liquor(talking passed around peppermint schnapps birthday bottle,,,,,blah....).

Thought I had CV ever since.

Seriously.

SIL was telling me to waterfall it but I didn't catch the advice quick enough.

Whatever was in that bottle wasn't strong enough then.

The good stuff kills all bugs, external, internal, parasites, bacT , virus, maybe even ALIEN sporocites.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I know a few people who retired in MT and a few people who moved out of MT to retire.

Think about access to medical facilities.
Think about cold winters.

I moved here for the big money jobs and hot chicks.

That working out for you?

If so, don't let the word out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, got home about 11:30(late for us) and passed out.

Wife was giving me chit the next morning about not even brushing my teeth when we got home.

Warm, nasty, plastic bottle....

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nobody is wishing for anything.

It is the next big thing. Move to Montana to escape the cities full of crime and riots. It is a beautiful vision and don't go ruining their moment. you seem like a nice guy, just go with it.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Timely posting...
I was just telling the wife last week that I suspect that our semi-remote Idaho place has probably increased in value by 25-30% this year with the chaos in urban America.. An ad popped in the Cali real estate listings would be very interesting....

I often thought if that were the case we'd sell and rebuild. But anymore we're too damn exhausted to give it up, it's too nice, too much time and work invested.

Screw em all. Let 'em languish in the urban jungle, we don't want em here anyway.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Geno, got home about 11:30(late for us) and passed out.

Wife was giving me chit the next morning about not even brushing my teeth when we got home.

Warm, nasty, plastic bottle....

Too funny.

Wife and I found a half pint plastic bottle (vodka??) on one of our dog walks recently. I no longer drink, but told her I wish they had those things when I did.

Sure was a pain in the ass, and wet too, when a glass one broke in the hip pocket upon falling drunk on ones butt. And all the liquor ran out too.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
To my friends in Montana, I'm sorry to hear about this. Same thing happened in the small, close-knit farm town where I spent my first 40 years. Small, rural township, population under 500. Mostly dairy farms and woodlands, last unspoiled spot in south Jersey.

All that started to change about 25 years ago. Well to do types started buying farmland, building their McMansions. And they brought their big city snobbery with them, looking down at us yokels. Taxes have skyrocketed to the point that middle class folks and those on a fixed income can no longer afford to stay. All but one dairy farm are gone, the fields where I worked as a teen are but a memory.

After my mom passed in '07, I have not been back. I want to remember it as it was.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can persist a few winters here, you might make it. Better have a good cold-weather hobby though, grin.

Lots of folks move here, lots of folks move away.

Mostly the same folks.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
There are too many people in the world and that's a fact. Pretty hard to find a place to get away from them. Everywhere we go, it's just the same. Places which used to be a peaceful retreat are filling up with subdivisions. Of course, by building our campground, I didn't help our situation any so I shouldn't complain. GD

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by greydog
There are too many people in the world and that's a fact. Pretty hard to find a place to get away from them. Everywhere we go, it's just the same. Places which used to be a peaceful retreat are filling up with subdivisions. Of course, by building our campground, I didn't help our situation any so I shouldn't complain. GD

Try Scobey.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
And anyway,..when any of them Pacific coast whiffenpoofs move to Kentucky they get sucked in (pun intended) by the homo community in Lexington.

You wouldn’t last two years in rural Montana.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Great! I have a small 20 acre piece of ground way up on the Musselshell that I would sell. Them New Yorkers would be nice and safe from the covid in this area. But, no Starbucks, restaurants, movies.....nothing. Oh yeah, if you get a sniffle, it is 80 miles to a hospital. Just right for a budding anarchist as no one would find the body.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Great! I have a small 20 acre piece of ground way up on the Musselshell that I would sell. Them New Yorkers would be nice and safe from the covid in this area. But, no Starbucks, restaurants, movies.....nothing. Oh yeah, if you get a sniffle, it is 80 miles to a hospital. Just right for a budding anarchist as no one would find the body.

Some tough country for sure.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah, I have looking for a place around Libby and Kalispell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was stationed at Fairchild flying Hueys, we flew a mission down to Calder Id to take a sheriff's team into the back country. There was an old hermit who wintered up in the hills that had not been heard from for a while. Dropped the team off and landed in the big flood plain across the river from Calder to wait for the call to pick them up. Of course, we drew a crowd and spent quite a bit of time talking with the locals. One gentleman, who I believe was the postmaster, said he was a real estate agent and spent most of his time selling plots of land in the flood plain to the out of towners, and then selling it for them every spring when they found out it was under 3 feet of water. Told me if I wanted to retire there, just get in touch with him, and he would sell me some good land.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bristoe
And anyway,..when any of them Pacific coast whiffenpoofs move to Kentucky they get sucked in (pun intended) by the homo community in Lexington.

You wouldn’t last two years in rural Montana.

Fortunately for me, I won't have to. The place sounds dismal enough without an influx of commies from the Pacific Coast schitthole cities.

By the way, how long did you last in Montana?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Actually we made big loop yesterday. Whitefish, eureka, Rexford, Libby, Kalispell and back to whitefish.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Mayhap one of them Seattle Antifa AH’s would like to move to Garfield county to stir up the local ranchers. His life expectancy would be that of a baby jack rabbit missing its’ mom. The body would be great coyote bait to sit on for a night or two before the bugs get to ‘em.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 3,091 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.