Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by gahuntertom

But the recent surge in sales hasn’t been enough for Remington, which makes firearms at facilities in Ilion, N.Y., and Huntsville, Ala.

Why in the world would a firearms manufacturer have anything to with the east coast?

Perhaps because for over 200 years the major firearms factories were located there, along with the tooling ans skilled labor.

They're efforts to consolidate Marlin into the Remington fold was a nightmare for them and the consumer. Imagine them trying to move the whole shebang to Wyoming.

The Navajos are sharp, maybe their plan is to move some of the production to the Four Corners area.

Decisions to change are made one at a time. Looks like the ones they made did not work out well for them.

BP-B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it comes to government contracts they will have a leg up on the competitors. Minority owned gun manufacturer chit

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Righting on the wall, looks like a loose loose situation for Remington and there following. Investment bankers done well at running a good company and product line in the toilet Been rough watching this happen & unfortunately it feels like one or two more flushing cycles and she will be nothing but a memory of good thing turning into a bad BM.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Two things..........how does the Navajo nation get this kind of money, and secondly, I guess this will put a new spin on the old saying about selling guns to the Injuns.

They have good money. They bought a few bankrupt coal mines in Wyoming last year too. That cost millions, in the double digits just for the assets, the operation is very pricy.

Probably just as smart a move, buy something that went bankrupt in an industry that is declining

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Two things..........how does the Navajo nation get this kind of money, and secondly, I guess this will put a new spin on the old saying about selling guns to the Injuns.

They have good money. They bought a few bankrupt coal mines in Wyoming last year too. That cost millions, in the double digits just for the assets, the operation is very pricy.

Probably just as smart a move, buy something that went bankrupt in an industry that is declining

I bet all you money is in Vagisil.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How much could Remington be worth? $20M?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, Remington quality control has been crap for three decades. When you can't turn out an 870 that runs like it should you ought not be making them.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I remember as a kid wanting an 870 but they didn't have screw in tubed when everyone else had had them for years. Then their 1100's only had 2.75" chambers forever. They are always slow to move and their reps at shotshow were always ignorant and seemed to have little knowledge. I always wondered if any of them had been hunting.

I told them about 2011 I really liked my new 6.5 Creedmoor and that they should chamber their rifles in it. They laughed at me and said it would never catch on because 260 was better and never caught on. I told them 260 never caught on because they were marketing it and making them in 9 twist.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I would imagine that some other firearms manufacturer would buy up the company just for the rights to the Walker trigger.

Now that's funny! smile

There are probably more safe, fully functionally Walker triggers out there than any other...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 57springer
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I don't think arming the Indians is a good idea; look what happened to Custer.

laugh laugh

Maybe they should try to buy Henry...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by Sycamore

I bet all you money is in Vagisil.

Beavis? Or Butthead? you can change your username, but you can't quit acting like the [bleep] you are.

You out yourself everytime. Interesting psychology, or sad life choices, you keep coming back here where people have run you off many times.

Proverbs 26:11

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by AML
I would have thought the Indians preferred to buy Savage. Guess you have to take what's available.

I expect that name will not last long in the current PC climate.

Probably change it to "Indigenous" or "Formerly Known As Asian"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Esquire
Maybe now's the time to pick up that Model 7 HS Precision stock in .308 Win I've been eyeballing before it's too late.

I wouldn’t want anything coming out of Remington for the last 10+ years.

Or HS Precision for that matter. They have or had a govt sanctioned murderer as their spokeshole.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“Let’s shut down DPMS and Bushmaster in the middle of a gun rush/election year!!”

“Let’s take a profitable company (Marlin), shut down the factory, and then spend 10 years learning how to make their product correctly!”

Not to mention when they WERE making money, Freedom Group was saddling them with TONS of debt.

Maybe the Navajo buyout is a GOOD thing. Let’s see a bunch of gun-hatin’ Democrats begrudge the Navajo the right to make guns..

Lots of truth here. Nothing good comes out of being owned by groups like Cerebus/Freedom Group. Good old Mitch Romney used to do the same dam thing. The whole management style should be outlawed. I could not do it and sleep at night. Stripping companies, saddling them with debt and them collapsing them. No consideration of tradition, employees, communities etc. They are real vultures.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This is NOT going to end well................ in more ways than you can imagine.............

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

Or HS Precision for that matter. They have or had a govt sanctioned murderer as their spokeshole.[/quote]

Stevelyn, Care to elaborate?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fburgtx
“Let’s shut down DPMS and Bushmaster in the middle of a gun rush/election year!!”

“Let’s take a profitable company (Marlin), shut down the factory, and then spend 10 years learning how to make their product correctly!”

Not to mention when they WERE making money, Freedom Group was saddling them with TONS of debt.

The reason for all the debt was the investment group that bought the company used the debt to pay themselves back for buying the company. Once they paid themselves back. They then began to vampire the company. Keep all the cash they could. Ie not pay suppliers and creditors. Basically go bankrupt on purpose. Then wipe the debt. Vampire again. Ya know rinse and repeat. Then bankrupt again. Now they are selling what’s left. If you knew banks that would do that you’d have done the same thing.

I wonder if this was the bass pro tactic for the cabelas takeover. I will never know how they convince banks to loan them money like this

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve used numerous Rem 700s, 1100s and some 870s. They all performed exceptionally well for me.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They did it all willingly .
For Benjamins.
Selling schitt products under legacy name recognition.
Dont use their nitro sporting clays shells anymore.
And rem oil can be easily replaced....

Just like another company called Leupold.
Riding on name recognition from their past.
Putting out cheap schit at max price and cutting quality......

Maybe the Navajo,s can do something with the marlin line up.
And get rid of the stigma that remington attatched to marlin.
Bring back the Xs7 bolt rifles also.
Remington killed them off eventually to not compete with their craptastic 700,s and the spin off models from it.

Remington has basically been a failure for 15 yrs.....
Financially exploited by corporate takeovers and acquisitions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The usual (((vulture))) capitalist story from the 1980s: bust that sucker out.

Mark my words, the sale may go to the Navajo, but it will be buddies of the current vulture capitalists who manage the company for the Navajo.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
623 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,261
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.