L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/202...le-seattles-autonomous-protest-zone.html

By The Associated Press
SEATTLE — Crews arrived with heavy equipment Friday at an occupied protest zone in Seattle, ready to dismantle barriers set up more than a week ago by demonstrators, but the work was halted when some protesters resisted by climbing atop the makeshift structures.

Stefanie Formas, a spokeswoman for Mayor Jenny Durkan, said the city's goal is to improve access to the area for residents. She said city officials would discuss plans later in the day with protest organizers.

The collective of protesters, activists, educators and volunteers in the Capitol Hill Organized Protest was formed after clashes with police who tear-gassed people protesting the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Durkan has expressed support for the protest, calling it “a peaceful expression of our community’s collective grief and their desire to build a better world.”

But following several shootings in the area, Durkan said the city would wind down the protest zone, at first by encouraging demonstrators to leave. In addition, she said police would return to a nearby precinct that was abandoned following clashes with demonstrators.

The work crews intended to remove the barricades, not protesters, Sam Zimbabwe, city transportation director, told local journalist Omari Salisbury, who has been live-streaming the protest.

Workers were preserving artwork that had been painted on the wooden barricades, Zimbabwe said, adding that the department would work to return it to the people who created it.

“We’re not trying to have conflict,” Zimbabwe said.

A number of protesters remained camped in tents outside the East Precinct. The city has not given a timeline for officers' return to the building except to say it would be in the near future.

Protesters have called for cutting the police budget 50% and spending the savings on community health and other programs. The mayor has proposed a vastly more modest cut of $20 million to help balance the city’s budget through the end of this year.

--The Associated Press

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t think I would’ve let protesters climbing on top of the barriers stop me from removing them. If They fell off, so what!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
I don’t think I would’ve let protesters climbing on top of the barriers stop me from removing them. If They fell off, so what!

Your response sounds reasonable to me, I don't see a problem with it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just throw them in jail already you losers.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it too late for the "Bikers for Trump" to come in on the 4th?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

IMHO. Seattle wants this gone before the bikers arrive for a fourth of July celebration and fireworks display

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

We need a few more Rachel Corrie’s among the protesters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I was really looking forward to that.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Sam Zimbabwe? What a loon.

Any business in Seattle should make plans to leave the city, if they want to survive. Tosay's "Wall Street Journal" has an op ed by the CEO of a billion dollar firm who is doing just that, moving to Texas.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lennie
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/202...le-seattles-autonomous-protest-zone.html

By The Associated Press
SEATTLE —
Durkan has expressed support for the protest, calling it “a peaceful expression of our community’s collective grief and their desire to build a better world.”

But following several shootings in the area, Durkan said the city would wind down the protest zone, at first by encouraging demonstrators to leave. In addition, she said police would return to a nearby precinct that was abandoned following clashes with demonstrators.

The work crews intended to remove the barricades, not protesters, Sam Zimbabwe, city transportation director, told local journalist Omari Salisbury, who has been live-streaming the protest.

Workers were preserving artwork that had been painted on the wooden barricades, Zimbabwe said, adding that the department would work to return it to the people who created it.

“We’re not trying to have conflict,” Zimbabwe said.

A number of protesters remained camped in tents outside the East Precinct. The city has not given a timeline for officers' return to the building except to say it would be in the near future.

Protesters have called for cutting the police budget 50% and spending the savings on community health and other programs. The mayor has proposed a vastly more modest cut of $20 million to help balance the city’s budget through the end of this year.

--The Associated Press

This is from a satire site, it has to be???

Sam Zimbabwe - City transportation director?????

Creating a separate country within an American city by occupation is “a peaceful expression of our community’s collective grief and their desire to build a better world.”????

Graffiti on city property now is Art but bronze statues must be pulled down??

Cutting Law Enforcement 50%?

If this isn't out of the communist revolutionary playbook, nothing is.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There's noting to discuss ....they have illegally occupied a US city that the City or State that cannot or will not claim back....send in Armor Vehicles with Special Forces troop and take the area back by any means....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It should not be the protesters to go first.....it should be those in charge of local government.....the governor and the mayor and anyone else of authority. These are the ones most aggressively failing the rule of law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ON BOTH COUNTS. TWO choices....................... Give in or stand up and MAKE them move, no matter WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well, if it's tracked equipment, they could get caught in the tracks. That would slow down the work and you can't have that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

Well, if it's tracked equipment, they could get caught in the tracks. That would slow down the work and you can't have that.

Still not sure what the issue is as the clean up crew would be on an hourly rate.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
There's noting to discuss ....they have illegally occupied a US city that the City or State that cannot or will not claim back....send in Armor Vehicles with Special Forces troop and take the area back by any means....

Well, it is an act of war after all.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Lennie

IMHO. Seattle wants this gone before the bikers arrive for a fourth of July celebration and fireworks display

This ^^^^^^^^ ... The Left absolutely cannot let any group associated with President Trump score a "Win"...

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

Might hurt their feelings

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Water cannons would clear that carp up immediately

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Durkan has expressed support for the protest, calling it “a peaceful expression of our community’s collective grief and their desire to build a better world.”

How many times have we heard this from some left of center fooktard ??? As I recall, this was also hillary clintoons battle cry. Tell that to the 4 guys who were killed in Benghazi. I have no time for them. If the city of Seattle didn't have the balls to bring a fire truck and wash them dipsticks off the barricades, Seattle deserves every thing they get.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 06/27/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,520
Posts18,452,713
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.