-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It really depends of where I'm going. In my town of south of here the Shield with an extra mag is plenty. North of here gets into Lorain, half way to the projects, and I do run into some of my former clientele there. That would be Walmart and such. I carry the Glock 26 and an extra 17 round mag.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Does DEET work to keep Antifa and stupidmatters people away?
Just quit taking baths and using deodorant. It's like that episode of The Walking Dead where they smeared shixt from the zombies all over them and just walked through the herd as the zombies couldn't tell them apart from themselves.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Just curious. How many times in the last 10 years has an armed citizen (not a police or security type) needed more than 7 shots in a shooting situation?

What has that to do with the current trend?

I saw this coming for a while now. Was already preparing. Yeah, I won't say how or with what, but there's more firepower on tap.

Simple really. Just want to know how often, more than a single gun load has been needed in the past. Can make a case (and have seen it made often) for multiple firearms, extra ammo, ARs, AKs, etc.. Could make a case for just staying home and battening down the hatches, BUT how many times has such actually been needed. Not could be, not maybe, but how many times it has actually been needed? And yes, I carry every day.

I give you, Sarajevo.

If you don't have a clue what happened there, you will certainly not understand the parallels.

This didn't happen 250 years ago. Almost all of this was on Clinton's watch. Certainly, the heaviest fighting and destruction.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...o=ImageBasicHover&cw=1117&ch=385

you might say i am kind of familar with that. a air force family member walking through the ice rink with all the dead bodies parked for family identification. And then there was my croatian cousin who had moved to bosnia. good business, well liked, which is what saved him. neighbors came and said you have 24hours for you, your family, to get back to croatia, or you will be dead. he got back to croatia just ahead of the wolves.
I ended up buying a springfieldxd partially because iti said made in croatia, tell me cousins there it's me helping international trade.
you wold hope it wouldn't come to that here. maybe not is rural idaho, but if you are around where those feral gangs are?

Ron, you obviously get it.

As I've mentioned before, these feral swine and their handlers have NO problem murdering and burning children.

What do you think they'd do to us?

PS- I have a Croatia XD, also. It has never burped. Not even once. It has its character marks from being a truck gun for many years, but still functions flawlessly.

one can talk about diversity, we are all alike, the world has changed, that's all bull sh*t. when yugoslavia was still around, female croat cousin said she was dating this nice serb boy. i commented on it, she said t hose old animosities were not around any more. B.S. I told her he would NEVER be accepted into her extended croat family, and i had a problem with it even here in the U.S. well bosnia started up, she found out the error of her thinking and the ancient animosities, and her uncle and his family almost exterminated. I was telling people at the time, you put a croat in a room, a serb in a room, and a muslim whatever in a room, an outsider comes in they will attack the outsider. then the croat and serb will kill the muslim, then shoot each other. That describes that part of the world.
I have zero in common with someone black in the ghetto, or an illegal out of mexico. i mean neither harm either. but i am not stupid enough to believe under the right circumstances?
i was told clear back in the 70's while going through certification police can't be a personal body guard, not enough. and the last few weeks watching police stand aside while the feral people destroy buildings they are not gonna help you.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I was telling people at the time, you put a croat in a room, a serb in a room, and a muslim whatever in a room, an outsider comes in they will attack the outsider. then the croat and serb will kill the muslim, then shoot each other.
You've just described the relationship between gun owners and the police vs. the current scum vandalizing and looting.

The problem with the police is, they are enforcers for the government and the government is by and large, against us. Many cops may not like what is happening in Minneapolis, Seattle and Atlanta, but they will follow orders and stand by and let it happen and then crush guys like us who try to stop it. The looters and vandals may get a pass because most of the urban areas are run by commies and if they are not, are run by anti-Trump globalists. Look at what happened in Tulsa both before and after the rally with globalist pukes trying to suck up to the scum but still convince Trump they are on his side.

When it comes down to the cops vs. the scum, I am on the side of the cops. I have no allusions however, that it buys me ANY goodwill with them if it comes to the cops following orders and picking me and some of the locals for busting some heads defending a monument or some such or if they come for my guns after the latest illegal, unconstitutional law is passed demanding them.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just curious. How many times in the last 10 years has an armed citizen (not a police or security type) needed more than 7 shots in a shooting situation?

I saw this coming for a while now. Was already preparing. Yeah, I won't say how or with what, but there's more firepower on tap.

Simple really. Just want to know how often, more than a single gun load has been needed in the past. Can make a case (and have seen it made often) for multiple firearms, extra ammo, ARs, AKs, etc.. Could make a case for just staying home and battening down the hatches, BUT how many times has such actually been needed. Not could be, not maybe, but how many times it has actually been needed? And yes, I carry every day.

How about looking at the times people being so armed influenced events - how we achieved our independence, helped avoid a mainland war with Japan in WWII, business owners during the LA Riots, limiting current rioting and I'm sure there are others. Look around the world at what happens to an unarmed populace. Unfortunately the biggest enemy of most people around the world is their own governments whom they are powerless against.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’m thinking about adding a Daisy Red Ryder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Figuring to help the communities out and I've decided to trade in my truck on an old but effective ride.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I was telling people at the time, you put a croat in a room, a serb in a room, and a muslim whatever in a room, an outsider comes in they will attack the outsider. then the croat and serb will kill the muslim, then shoot each other.
You've just described the relationship between gun owners and the police vs. the current scum vandalizing and looting.

The problem with the police is, they are enforcers for the government and the government is by and large, against us. Many cops may not like what is happening in Minneapolis, Seattle and Atlanta, but they will follow orders and stand by and let it happen and then crush guys like us who try to stop it. The looters and vandals may get a pass because most of the urban areas are run by commies and if they are not, are run by anti-Trump globalists. Look at what happened in Tulsa both before and after the rally with globalist pukes trying to suck up to the scum but still convince Trump they are on his side.

When it comes down to the cops vs. the scum, I am on the side of the cops. I have no allusions however, that it buys me ANY goodwill with them if it comes to the cops following orders and picking me and some of the locals for busting some heads defending a monument or some such or if they come for my guns after the latest illegal, unconstitutional law is passed demanding them.

Like.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I give you, Sarajevo.

If you don't have a clue what happened there, you will certainly not understand the parallels.

This didn't happen 250 years ago. Almost all of this was on Clinton's watch. Certainly, the heaviest fighting and destruction.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...o=ImageBasicHover&cw=1117&ch=385

you might say i am kind of familar with that. a air force family member walking through the ice rink with all the dead bodies parked for family identification. And then there was my croatian cousin who had moved to bosnia. good business, well liked, which is what saved him. neighbors came and said you have 24hours for you, your family, to get back to croatia, or you will be dead. he got back to croatia just ahead of the wolves.
I ended up buying a springfieldxd partially because iti said made in croatia, tell me cousins there it's me helping international trade.
you wold hope it wouldn't come to that here. maybe not is rural idaho, but if you are around where those feral gangs are?

Ron, you obviously get it.

As I've mentioned before, these feral swine and their handlers have NO problem murdering and burning children.

What do you think they'd do to us?

PS- I have a Croatia XD, also. It has never burped. Not even once. It has its character marks from being a truck gun for many years, but still functions flawlessly.

one can talk about diversity, we are all alike, the world has changed, that's all bull sh*t. when yugoslavia was still around, female croat cousin said she was dating this nice serb boy. i commented on it, she said t hose old animosities were not around any more. B.S. I told her he would NEVER be accepted into her extended croat family, and i had a problem with it even here in the U.S. well bosnia started up, she found out the error of her thinking and the ancient animosities, and her uncle and his family almost exterminated. I was telling people at the time, you put a croat in a room, a serb in a room, and a muslim whatever in a room, an outsider comes in they will attack the outsider. then the croat and serb will kill the muslim, then shoot each other. That describes that part of the world.
I have zero in common with someone black in the ghetto, or an illegal out of mexico. i mean neither harm either. but i am not stupid enough to believe under the right circumstances?
i was told clear back in the 70's while going through certification police can't be a personal body guard, not enough. and the last few weeks watching police stand aside while the feral people destroy buildings they are not gonna help you.

I have NEVER, EVER believed the po-po were going to save my bacon, if I were to get in a hot spot. I have ALWAYS believed my best course for survival was to shoot my way out or through it.

I have prepared myself accordingly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fully understand Sarajevo. Enough to know that was about what you had available, not what you had on you at the moment. I could start a young war but do not carry it all with me (literally couldn't) every day. Thread asked if it changed thoughts on what you carry. My question was: how many times times has anyone needed more than 6 shots in a carry situation. To be clear, should have said in the US but thought that was obvious.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm retired now, but work behind a gun counter for giggles. For the last month, it seems, I have had customers coming in, and remarking that they haven't seen our shelves so sparse. I tell them that they probably haven't heard about it, but lots of folks have been seeing groups of Norwegians on the evening news, burning and looting all the liberal run metropolitan areas in our country. That has led to people who had never thought of owning a firearm coming into gun shops across the United States and buying whatever they have heard or read is the best self defense firearm.

To illustrate the experience level of these customers, I give this example: White male comes into the shop and asks an associate if he has a "home defense 12 gauge". Associate replies "I have an 870 remington." Customer says, and I do not jest: "What is the difference between an 870 and a 12 gauge?"

I also have a customer who likes to quote Skeeter Skelton. Now, please don't take this as an attack on SS. I loved his writing too. BUT, this quote is dated. Customer likes to repeat: "If a man can't do his talking in 6 shots, he isn't expressing himself well enough" or some such. Every time he repeats that in front of my other customers, I always add on, "I am not lucky enough to know the size of the crowd I might be addressing, like Skeeter did."

In this day and time, you have to realize that you might well be faced with a score of adversaries. You must be prepared to deal with them.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm retired now, but work behind a gun counter for giggles. For the last month, it seems, I have had customers coming in, and remarking that they haven't seen our shelves so sparse. I tell them that they probably haven't heard about it, but lots of folks have been seeing groups of Norwegians on the evening news, burning and looting all the liberal run metropolitan areas in our country. That has led to people who had never thought of owning a firearm coming into gun shops across the United States and buying whatever they have heard or read is the best self defense firearm.

To illustrate the experience level of these customers, I give this example: White male comes into the shop and asks an associate if he has a "home defense 12 gauge". Associate replies "I have an 870 remington." Customer says, and I do not jest: "What is the difference between an 870 and a 12 gauge?"

I also have a customer who likes to quote Skeeter Skelton. Now, please don't take this as an attack on SS. I loved his writing too. BUT, this quote is dated. Customer likes to repeat: "If a man can't do his talking in 6 shots, he isn't expressing himself well enough" or some such. Every time he repeats that in front of my other customers, I always add on, "I am not lucky enough to know the size of the crowd I might be addressing, like Skeeter did."

In this day and time, you have to realize that you might well be faced with a score of adversaries. You must be prepared to deal with them.

CT...what have y'all been selling the most of lately?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I switched from semi-auto with 10 cartridge magazine to one almost half it's size and weight with six cartridge magazine. Life is grand, I forget it's even with me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I only see boos and commies when I turn on the TV.

I had to run to Lexington a couple of days ago and let me tell you, boos and commies (panhandlers) were aplenty around hamburg.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Anything handgun under 350. Any AR-15. Any shotgun with a barrel shorter than 20 inches.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have always trended towards the uparmed side. Only real changes is that I have replaced revolvers with cheap but fully fuction tested and broke in Taurus double stack semis in the vehicles. Always have either a p365 with 12+1 and a spare 15rd mag or a G19 with 15+1 and spare 17rd on me when I leave the property, sometimes also an LCP 7+1 with hardcasts in the pocket. In the truck its an AR pistol with brace with 3 spare 30rds in a soft briefcase covered with a jacket and a Taurus G3 17+1 and spare 15 in center console. In the SUV its a Mossberg Shockwave 410 with 5+1 of Win PDX 1 Defender in a "gym bag" and Taurus G2c with 15+1 and a spare mag in console. Both vehicles are kept in an indoor garage when home so not worried about smash and grab while home. Wife carries a either a 365 12+1 or Shield 9 EZ and spare mag for whichever she has. In the house its a whole arsenal to choose from. Literally have a handgun hidden in every room of the house, easily accessible to me and the wife, but not easily found by outsiders. Can access an AR or Shotty with buckshot rapidly from most anywhere in the house also.

Last edited by marktheshark; 06/27/20.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Anything handgun under 350. Any AR-15. Any shotgun with a barrel shorter than 20 inches.

Thanks. Stay safe.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

i am an old guy, i ran patrol with a model 19. and i was pretty good with it. this before the age of high cap guns. friend of mine pulls this guy over on a normal traffic stop, the guy procees to unload into the front of the patrol car. my friend in return fires all six rounds back. neither were hurt and my friend cuffed him. next week i saw him in a lgs buyinig a charter arms bulldog as a second gun.
times have changed, when we started practicing multiple target shoots, often refered to at the time as a mexican quail shoot, it was time to upgrade to more fire power. i should add anyone that has been in that situation would like to have a belt fed m60.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/27/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Slightly off topic.

You're sitting in a fast food joint and suddenly you're in the middle of a holdup. Would you take take the shot if presented ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yes

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,297
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.