Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Reports everywhere of Covid cases on the rise which with the added testing available and "protests" by those under 35 can only be expected. Governors and local govts re-closing businesses, parks, beaches etc but I'm not hearing that hospitalizations are sharply rising. It's like saying you're getting more rain after you put up a rain gauge. If you're scared, then keep your ass at home while the rest of us keep trying to make a living.

What's going on with hospitalizations and/or deaths near you?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guess it depends where you are. Here in AR hospitalizations for the state are at an all time high and almost every single ICU bed in the region is full. More due to poultry plants giving it to almost every worker then taking it into the community.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They’ll close a bar with 200 people, suspend a beer license (kid rock’s honky tonk)

BLM c unt on the beer board then brags about shutting it down on twitter.

But they’ll encourage Juneteenth crowds and ‘peaceful’ riots.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The latest scam is to count everbody in the hospital that has Covid as a "Covid hospitalization".

Every patient in the hospital is tested every day for it, to try and pump up the numbers.

So, look for the next fake news ta be the "people hospitalized with Covid".

They're in the hospital because of appendicitis, broke leg, diabetes or cancer or whatever, but they're counted as "hospitalized with Covid".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

When we say panic you should be afraid...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The latest scam is to count everbody in the hospital that has Covid as a "Covid hospitalization".

Every patient in the hospital is tested every day for it, to try and pump up the numbers.

They're in the hospital because of appendicitis, broke leg, diabetes or cancer or whatever, but they're counted as "hospitalized with Covid".

So that's what they do in the hospital you work in? Cause that's not the case for the hospital I work in at all. For the most part we don't want Covid pts and send them home straight from the ER as best we can. And no, every pt is not tested every day for covid unless there is a reason to believe they have it. Most only get tested on admit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SPIKE ,SPIKE SPIKE all over the news, but no new daily death tallies.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

So that's what they do in the hospital you work in? Cause that's not the case for the hospital I work in at all. For the most part we don't want Covid pts and send them home straight from the ER as best we can. And no, every pt is not tested every day for covid unless there is a reason to believe they have it. Most only get tested on admit.

The politics of the area dictate the Covid protocol.

Some use common sense.

Others are part of the propaganda effort.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Texas Medical Center in Houston - largest medical center in the world - ICU beds were 97% full on Thursday, and last night I heard directly from a physician who works in the medical center that the ICU beds were all full. They have surge capacity for COVID that they can tap, but to fill all the ICU beds is a big deal. I've heard the ICU situation is similar where I live now. Not a good time to catch a serious case of COVID or have any other need for an ICU bed in several states.

U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Over 140,000 population in our county and 10 hospitalized with 0 in the ICU. 42 dead but most of those were from an outbreak in a single nursing facility. With numbers like that its hard to get into a panic. Our great Governor sure wants us to though...unless you want to loot, riot or deface property, then you get a free pass.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 06/27/20.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No point in looking at numbers if they are not going to be accurate.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This breathless wall-to-wall covid "pandemic" coverage coupled with non-stop black pandering commercials makes me watch Andy Griffith and fishing shows.

Hey! Mayberry never had any blacks in that cracker town! Let's burn the tapes!

GMAFB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Over 140,000 population in our county and 10 hospitalized with 0 in the ICU. 42 dead but most of those were from an outbreak in a single nursing facility. With numbers like that its hard to get into a panic. Our great Governor sure wants us to though...unless you want to loot, riot or deface property, then you get a free pass.

Here in AR, there is a real problem, but it is restricted to 2 counties. It would be stupid to enact statewide measures because of two counties. I live in the worst county, and am OK with the restrictions or requests they've made for the individual cities within the county. thankfully they aren't trying to make the whole state be lumped in with us. The one county I live in and the one next to it are responsible for about 1/3 of the whole state positives.

Also, the number in and of themselves aren't really that high, it's just that there aren't that many ICU beds within the state to begin with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here in AR, there is a real problem, but it is restricted to 2 counties. It would be stupid to enact statewide measures because of two counties. I live in the worst county, and am OK with the restrictions or requests they've made for the individual cities within the county. thankfully they aren't trying to make the whole state be lumped in with us. The one county I live in and the one next to it are responsible for about 1/3 of the whole state positives.

If the ICU beds in Little Rock are full, that's a bad situation because the hospitals in the rest of the state may not have the same capabilities as the hospitals in LR.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Deaths here................50% over 80 yrs old.
20 something percent over 70.
another 20 plus percent over 60.

So close to 95% of our deaths, over 60.
They won't however say how many were from nursing homes, had been in nursing homes or had contact with nursing home workers/patients.

Overall cases, some worked at a meat processing plant a couple counties over.
Dunno if any link from workers there to the elderly die offs.
Maybe somebody from same place had fam that worked at a nursing home.

Who knows? If anybody does, they aint tellin.

They are doing free testing local, the ol lady had it done, said it wasn't bad. Kid had it done per doctor, both had the nose swab.
Negative.

Dr wanted another swab test, this time down at his hospital, kid said it was not fun, they went way deeper and rubbed it around.
So does that mean all the tests done by the other place are not done correctly?

Last edited by hookeye; 06/27/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

If the ICU beds in Little Rock are full, that's a bad situation because the hospitals in the rest of the state may not have the same capabilities as the hospitals in LR.

LR hospitals are still OK, it's NWA that's getting hit hard. Several of the biggest hospitals have opened temporary overflow ICUs and have started transferring pts out of the area. The problem is once they get to the ICU, they usually stay several weeks. At some point you get no bed turnover.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Texas Medical Center in Houston - largest medical center in the world - ICU beds were 97% full on Thursday, and last night I heard directly from a physician who works in the medical center that the ICU beds were all full. They have surge capacity for COVID that they can tap, but to fill all the ICU beds is a big deal. I've heard the ICU situation is similar where I live now. Not a good time to catch a serious case of COVID or have any other need for an ICU bed in several states.

How about a little truth, hope you're not allergic:

Of total ICU beds at TMC Houston:

72% are non-Covid patients.

28% are patients with Covid.

Notice, they didn't report that the 28% were hospitalized from bolognavirus, only that they are "with Covid".

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/tmc-icu-bed-capacity-modeling/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They’re getting a lot of mileage out of this one.

Think for yourself and the light bulb will come on.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

How about a little truth, hope you're not allergic:

Of total ICU beds at TMC Houston:

72% are non-Covid patients.

28% are patients with Covid.

Notice, they didn't report that the 28% were hospitalized from bolognavirus, only that they are "with Covid".

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/tmc-icu-bed-capacity-modeling/

That's true, but if the COVID cases triple, which is possible, they're going to be in trouble.

There's COVID hype and COVID reality. The reality is now it's a bad time to need an ICU bed in a lot of places.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You make too much sense, UNCCGrad, to the re-education camp with you!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 48 invisible), 3,285 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.