Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...KBN23X2RT?il=0&utm_source=reddit.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. intelligence has concluded that the Russian military offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants in Afghanistan to kill American troops and other coalition forces, the New York Times reported on Friday, citing officials briefed on the matter.

A Russian military intelligence unit linked to assassination attempts in Europe had offered rewards for successful attacks last year, according to the newspaper. It said Islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them, are believed to have collected some bounty money.

“This primitive informational dump clearly demonstrates low intellectual abilities of the propagandists at the American intelligence service,” Russia’s foreign ministry said in a statement cited by the RIA news agency.

The White House, the CIA and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence declined requests from Reuters for comment on the newspaper report.

President Donald Trump has been briefed on the intelligence finding, the Times said. The White House has yet to authorize any steps against Russia in response to the bounties, it added.

Of the 20 Americans killed in combat in 2019, the Times said, it was not clear which deaths were under suspicion.

After nearly 20 years of fighting the Taliban, the U.S. is looking for a way to extricate itself from Afghanistan and to achieve peace between the U.S.-backed government and the militant group, which controls swathes of the country.

On Feb. 29, the U.S. and the Taliban struck a deal that called for a phased withdrawal of American troops.

U.S. troop strength in Afghanistan is down to nearly 8,600, well ahead of a schedule agreed with the Taliban, in part because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus, U.S. and NATO officials said in late May.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russians are just returning the favor.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, we backed the Mujahideen against the Russians. I’m sure they didn’t care for the money and weapons we furnished the Afghans. We might have been better off to have minded our own business.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well.....Lets go to war then.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't be quoting anything from the New Yawk Slimes if I want to have any credibility. OTOH, if they really wanted to do us a favor, they'd put bounties out on the heads of every editor and editorial board member of every leftist rag in the country. They can call it an "Honesty in Journalism" initiative.

Originally Posted by Starman
Russians are just returning the favor.

You apparently can't tell the difference between Russia and the Soviet Union.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't ya figure we've been trading covert killings for a long time now?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Don't ya figure we've been trading covert killings for a long time now?

Absolutely! Russia got a black eye when our guys decimated their mercenaries in Syria iirc.....something like 5 to 1 and we still destroyed them. They’re looking for payback.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
But................I thought the general consensus on the Campfire was that Russia and Putin were our friends.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their lying!

[Linked Image from ]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This was leaked information. Why are no reporters or their sources ever arrested for leaking classified info? According to the former DNI Trump had not even been briefed on this info.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would any thinking individual read Investia on the Hudson, much less believe anything this propaganda rag publishes?

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wall Street Journal reporting the same story.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The most important part..........................."the New York Times reported"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a made gotcha thing.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
After a 20th Century interregnum The Great Game in Central Asia has picked up again with Russia playing the same part it did in the 19th Century and the US stepping into the shoes of Britain. The region has slid back into state of lawlessness similar to what it was then and lots of the issues seem to be faint reflections of happenings back then.

But in 1835 Lord Palmerston said the following about Afghanistan and Russia and it seems to be as accurate today as it was then:

Here we are, just as we were, snarling at each other, hating each other, but neither wishing for war. - Lord Palmerston (1835)[21]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
After a 20th Century interregnum The Great Game in Central Asia has picked up again with Russia playing the same part it did in the 19th Century and the US stepping into the shoes of Britain. The region has slid back into state of lawlessness similar to what it was then and lots of the issues seem to be faint reflections of happenings back then.

But in 1835 Lord Palmerston said the following about Afghanistan and Russia and it seems to be as accurate today as it was then:

Here we are, just as we were, snarling at each other, hating each other, but neither wishing for war. - Lord Palmerston (1835)[21]

Yah.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The White House has denied that either Trump or Vice President Mike Pence were ever briefed on the alleged situation by US intelligence. Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe backed the denial and said the original story and “all other subsequent news reports about such an alleged briefing are inaccurate.”

Link

Sad state of affairs when Russia Today is more reliable than the New York Times.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Some of you dude have led sheltered lives if you think that this is anything new........... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"the New York Times reported on Friday"

And you believe it? Reuters lies as much as the NYT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,438
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.