Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Starting July 1, hikers who want to use Colorado's State Wildlife areas and State Trust lands will have to have a hunting or fishing license. It's about time these people will be asked to help with the financial burden of maintaining our wildlife areas.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Link?

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Go to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website for more information. Here is a link to info on their website:

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/LandWater/SWA/License-Requirements-SWA-STL-Access-FAQ.pdf

Last edited by Bighorn; 06/28/20.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Interesting. Wonder if other western states will follow the path?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Giving the bird watchers and tree huggers a stake and therefore a say in State wildlife management doesn't seem like the best idea for hunters.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Arizona requires a hunting license, fishing license or recreational permit to enter on state trust lands.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Giving the bird watchers and tree huggers a stake and therefore a say in State wildlife management doesn't seem like the best idea for hunters.

They’ve always had a say.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

yep , before it was colorado parks it was division of wildlife, things were hugely different before the "state" got its hands on licensing .

.... like tears in the rain
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

That ship has long since sailed in CO, where the general voting public is allowed to make decisions about things like banning spring bear hunting and soon, reintroduction of wolves.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bighorn

That ship has long since sailed in CO, where the general voting public is allowed to make decisions about things like banning spring bear hunting and soon, reintroduction of wolves.

Sierra Club, PETA, etc., etc.

They’ve always had a say and they regularly exercise that say via the courts. You don’t have to look far to see that.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

They’ve always had a say and they regularly exercise that say via the courts. You don’t have to look far to see that.
The general public doesn't have much say on management here. Seasons and bag limits are decided by the conservation council which is made up of biologists from DEC, farmers, hunters and representatives from the auto insurance and logging industries . Anybody is allowed to use State land here for hiking, camping, bird watching, horseback riding, hunting, fishing and trapping. No license required unless you are hunting, fishing or trapping.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

That’s what I was thinking. They will now have some say an the management of these areas.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a non-resident and hunt Colorado every year, I don't think it's a good idea but I don't live there. A group of hunters here in New Jersey wanted to do the same thing but it was shot down by other hunting groups. The reason is we didn't want bird watchers, hikers and horse riders having a say in what goes on in State Gamelands. The first thing they will want to do is ban hunting!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

They’ve always had a say.

Birdwatchers tend to volunteer to be Bird counters.
Wildlife agencies tend to use Bird counts as an indicator since they are more mobile/visible (I think).

More sportsmen volunteering for counts would help with our voice in the agencies ear.

It's also good for practicing woodcraft and a great opportunity to get out where you can't hear the doom'n'gloomers...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The general public doesn't have much say on management here. Seasons and bag limits are decided by the conservation council which is made up of biologists from DEC, farmers, hunters and auto insurance representatives. Anybody is allowed to use State land here for hiking, camping, bird watching, horseback riding, hunting, fishing and trapping. No license required unless you are hunting, fishing or trapping.

I see your point and it’s a good one.

But never underestimate the power of lawsuits to throw a knot into that. That history is written in stone as we speak, e.g., Wolf, grizzlies, etc.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A fishing or hunting license........to hike?

Stupidity......just another tax, underhanded revenue grab.

Too many sheep are OK with a new tax......as long as it hits the other side.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
A fishing or hunting license........to hike?
......just another tax, underhanded revenue grab.
Yep, that’s ALL it is. Government’s primary mandate anymore is to extort as much money from the citizenry as they possibly can. It may be done ‘under the guise’ of being for this or for that...but it’s just another extortionist move by the state government. All governments in America do it...and it begins at the local level and goes up from there. They are rotten to the core.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.