Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
I’m thinking about adding a Daisy Red Ryder.

BANNED by the Geneva Convention!! You've gone too far, this time....

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Have you switched from, for example, a Smith and Wesson model 642 or the like to a High Capacity Glock? Are you now carrying a long gun in your vehicle? Do you carry more reloads or ammo now than you did before all this craziness really gained speed?

Not really, but I should add regular weekly training x 2 to my overwhelmed schedule. That's most important.
If I was at risk of big city nonsense, the only thing I'd add are extra single stacks 3 should be plenty plus one in the well. 2 sticks with ammo limits according to user energy and potential injury. They are capable of parting a dense armed mob like a tornado through the woods. Pepper spray in case I have to stop for lunch somewhere along the way and eat till things die down. I like spicy food.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a trained girl can do with Double sticks and bad guys.

My girlfriend

In my dreams.?...........yup!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
On the original topic, no my carry habits have not changed, around here our token craziness was easily avoided.

It is humorous to think of the sort of reception a riotous mob would get in my neighborhood, but I’m pretty sure the “Brown White men” have not been targeted yet.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yup.

Skipped the mace and went directly to a hip holster of bear spray..deadly out to 35 feet.
I'm running a new mini 14 truck gun for any distance necessary.

And I carry a CRKT blade.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I already up-gunned my carry and vehicle firearms some years back.

OUT THE DOOR GUN
Am I going out the door of the house? Then this is with me. It will be a pocket carry because I may have to enter restricted areas and must leave it in my vehicle. If I carry something more effective, this may be a backup or it may stay in the vehicle.

Bereta 21A .22LR > Kel-Tec P32 .32ACP > S&W 638 .38spl

Usually have a reload. Nowadays that is a speed strip.

PREFERRED CARRY HANDGUN
Will I be able to belt carry? IWB/OWB/crossdraw/whatever. Then this is what I prefer. Can't make this happen 100% of the time, but I work at it.

AMT DAO Backup .45ACP with 1 relaod > Kel-Tec P-40 .40S&W and no reload > 1911 (Govt or LtWt Cdr .45ACP) with 2x reloads

Sometimes I will downgrade to a S&W 64 snubby or S&W 638 snubby on the belt with a reload, but not since the Fentanyl Floyd Foolishness began.

VEHICLE GUN
Almost always in the vehicle, unless vehicle goes somewhere firearms forbidden even inside vehicle.

Bupkis > Rem 870 12ga 18" bbl with sling, folding Knoxx Cop Stock, extended mag +2, and Streamlight TLR-1 (Plus claymore bag of 00 buck and slug reloads)

Shotgun with buck & slugs on hand makes the most sense where I live. I would choose a rifle were I more rural.

==========================

I made the most important self-defense decision some time back to buy in a decent neighborhood with "good schools" (supermajority white). And since marrying, I limit my travels through vibrant neighborhoods and ceased volunteer / mission work there completely. I owe it to may family to limit needless risks. The vibrants will have to manage without my aid.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

My girlfriend

If I could guaranty that all my attackers are following a choreographed sequence, I could kick the butts of five or six operators at a time, too. LOL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My girlfriend

If I could guaranty that all my attackers are following a choreographed sequence, I could kick the butts of five or six operators at a time, too. LOL.

And don't forget - ignoring all the guns on the ground.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm considering something mounted on a turret. Or even a main gun and then a coaxial. We'll see.

Really though, there are like 20 black people in Helena. I went to Yellowstone last week, and saw 3 of the darker skinned in 3 days. They were all standing by the road looking confused. I am not worried about being better armed. That was over a decade ago. I'm worried that I'll actually have to use some of this stuff in self defense if morons don't pull their heads out of their asses. Society seems to be degrading one dare at a time now. I remember my high school experience was the same. Interesting.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Could we look that good doing it? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I'm retired now, but work behind a gun counter for giggles. For the last month, it seems, I have had customers coming in, and remarking that they haven't seen our shelves so sparse. I tell them that they probably haven't heard about it, but lots of folks have been seeing groups of Norwegians on the evening news, burning and looting all the liberal run metropolitan areas in our country. That has led to people who had never thought of owning a firearm coming into gun shops across the United States and buying whatever they have heard or read is the best self defense firearm.

To illustrate the experience level of these customers, I give this example: White male comes into the shop and asks an associate if he has a "home defense 12 gauge". Associate replies "I have an 870 remington." Customer says, and I do not jest: "What is the difference between an 870 and a 12 gauge?"

I also have a customer who likes to quote Skeeter Skelton. Now, please don't take this as an attack on SS. I loved his writing too. BUT, this quote is dated. Customer likes to repeat: "If a man can't do his talking in 6 shots, he isn't expressing himself well enough" or some such. Every time he repeats that in front of my other customers, I always add on, "I am not lucky enough to know the size of the crowd I might be addressing, like Skeeter did."

In this day and time, you have to realize that you might well be faced with a score of adversaries. You must be prepared to deal with them.

CT...what have y'all been selling the most of lately?

Anything handgun under 350. Any AR-15. Any shotgun with a barrel shorter than 20 inches.

Thanks. Stay safe.

You do the same!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My girlfriend

Yes....... choreography helps.
😄

I always felt conflicted as a boy when I thought about WHO I'd want by my side if I ever faced serious threat.
Not my friends.......Not the jocks......
It was a petite, but very fit lady who was nearly 10 years my senior. Her and her boyfriend taught Kung Fu. I was her student. At the same time I didn't believe women should be put in harm's way.
The Lord took care of that conflict when I was faced with lethal force. I was mugged by a big goon with a knife at a main Street intersection. Perfect timing. The mugger slammed me against the wall and pulled his knife. Right then, the boyfriend walked right past us, maybe 40 yards away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How bad did he get cut?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It worked out.

I was too ashamed to get his attention to get him over to help. At the time I thought that I was expected to handle it on my own.
Even though the Lord miraculously put him there to help me, I was too stinking embarrassed to take advantage of the obvious help of the one dude that would Billy Jack his jive talking blonde afro into the next street.

The mugger got my wallet and ran away.
I chased until he lost me up the street around the corner.
The cops knew who he was.
They nabbed him.
He admitted guilt and gave them the money.
The cop stuck it in his pocket and wouldn't give it back.
I insisted and it was like go play in the traffic kid. This is mine.
A week later, The mugger broke into an old man's home , demanded money then repeatedly stabbed him in the chest while the poor man was sitting in his recliner.

The judge insisted that I drop charges while telling me what he did.
They gave the mugger, murderer was given more money and a bus ticket. The cop stole my $ and saw he and his dirty partner Rob someone of an unopened bottle of liquor too.

Bad news is that he could have been stopped from stabbing an innocent old man.
I was robbed by 2 thieves.....no 4. The mugger, 2 cops and one judge. The judge robbed me of justice and due process of law...Violated his oath and committed several other serious offenses .
From that day forward, I trained seriously with the best and prayed for insight. I learned how to handle the same scenario the best I know how and did a few thousand reps and taught a student or two.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/28/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It worked out.

I was too ashamed to get his attention to get him over to help. At the time I thought that I was expected to handle it on my own.
Even though the Lord miraculously put him there to help me, I was too stinking embarrassed to take advantage of the obvious help of the one dude that would Billy Jack his jive talking blonde afro into the next street.

The mugger got my wallet and ran away.
I chased until he lost me up the street around the corner.
The cops knew who he was.
They nabbed him.
He admitted guilt and gave them the money.
The cop stuck it in his pocket and wouldn't give it back.
I insisted and it was like go play in the traffic kid. This is mine.
A week later, The mugger broke into an old man's home , demanded money then repeatedly stabbed him in the chest while the poor man was sitting in his recliner.

The judge insisted that I drop charges while telling me what he did.
They gave the mugger, murderer was given more money and a bus ticket. The cop stole my $ and saw he and his dirty partner Rob someone of an unopened bottle of liquor too.

Bad news is that he could have been stopped from stabbing an innocent old man.
I was robbed by 2 thieves.....no 4. The mugger, 2 cops and one judge. The judge robbed me of justice and due process of law...Violated his oath and committed several other serious offenses .
From that day forward, I trained seriously with the best and prayed for insight. I learned how to handle the same scenario the best I know how and did a few thousand reps and taught a student or two.

I’m sorry for mocking you previously.

It’s obvious now that you are the real deal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool story! No jive, you're lucky to be alive.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We're blessed to have the Happy Camper around to provide deep insight. It is apparent that he has BTDT.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys.

I've seen a LOT of people suffer badly at the hands of the powers that shouldn't be. Lots. But that's for another time.

My Dad was a boxer in the Army.
When I was very young, he taught me how to box. Then he hired the best martial artists and fighters to train me until I could afford to pay from my lawn mowing business.

In young adulthood there were jocks around our University who sometimes like to challenge smaller guys .... I was Not a tough guy. They were. They trained daily with 220-280+ pound steroid freaks how to hit and take hits and hold onto the ball.
Looking back those were good experiences to see how effective the training was where there's no rules, athletic multiple opponents, and sometimes weapons. When it comes to these roid raging dirtbags, they aren't satisfied with hurting you like on the field. They try to kill you.

I had some lady friends in college confide in me about being raped and brutalized. I counted 12 total. They were just friends, not gfs. Allthesame, I wanted to protect them and others from future violence.....but how? I can't be there to protect them when they're on their own.
I decided to help protect them by helping them learn how to protect themselves.

That's why that little scene from Ballistic makes me smile. She's a symbol of the many girls and ladies that I have had the honor of teaching.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

376 members (222ND, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,226
Posts18,447,692
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.