D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by watch4bear
After spending over $30m to help elect Donald Trump

Donald's got gun owners' backs. Or not. Depends on who spoke with him last.

The man has the attention span of a mosquito.

I get aggravated with The Donald from time to time. He's not the smoothest, not perfect.

BUT, he sure beats the H___ out of RINO's and Dems...

He's a NYC street fighter and IMO, that's what we need right now to save this country and our culture.

At least he takes it to'em, locks horns, doesn't back down, doesn't "take a knee".....

Ya gotta love that about him.

So, go on nit picking and see where that gets ya...

DF

BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
The NRA has supported every single piece of federal gun legislation that has ever been passed. I can't believe I have to keep mentioning this.

Keep voting in democrats grin

Keep voting in corrupt [bleep], and expecting different results, you senile old fool. Keep expecting government to somehow protect you from government, you idiot. One thing that the left understands is the people like you are utterly detached from reality. What they lack in understanding is that they are as well, by design.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Keep expecting government to somehow protect you from government, you idiot.

Maybe I missed something, but don't we want a pro gun government? Isn't that why the NRA lobby is so important? grin grin grin grin

You girls sure are confused.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Not even. Nothing has an attention span as short as the his.

The NRA is toast until Wayne is gone - and a lot of his facilitators as well. I do not think this happens in time to maintain the NRA as a major force and it will continue to slide back into the dusty corners of irrelevancy even after Wayne has been fired, retired, or expired (whichever comes first).

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You couldn't carry water for him, you 5th column jackass.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's a NYC street fighter

He also makes old women very happy. First orgasm shes had in years. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its frustrating when you feel the organization has the same trappings as other lobbyists - big money in play, constant drive for money from the donors and then the leaders spend it on themselves.

That said....

Lets say LaPierre's salary was $3m a year and he bought his own expensive suits and paid for his own travel junkets.(meaning he came out ahead to the tune of $500K)

Would that make a difference to the masses? We'd never hear about any of this, and if people aren't really balking at him pulling in $2m, who would at 3?

Last edited by KFWA; 06/29/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The NRA has supported every single piece of federal gun legislation that has ever been passed. I can't believe I have to keep mentioning this.

Keep voting in democrats grin

Keep voting in corrupt [bleep], and expecting different results, you senile old fool. Keep expecting government to somehow protect you from government, you idiot. One thing that the left understands is the people like you are utterly detached from reality. What they lack in understanding is that they are as well, by design.

You both are right. And wrong.

We're not really given much of a choice. George Wallace said it best, "There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties."

They both signal this way or that way on issues of little consequence(1). But in the end, the politicians we see are the circus clowns of the ruling class show. The real power stays out of the spotlight.
(1) And RKBA is considered of little consequence. The ruling class thinks they can intimidate, bully, or slaughter gun owners when it comes down to brass tacks. Heck, some think using nukes on recalcitrant gun owners is legit.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ra ra ra girlfriend. jump high and wave your widdle pom pomsgrin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WLP has been there as long as I've been a member (now Patriot, I think) and that's 1995 or so, maybe 93 for me. But he's invisible now. He's never on the tube, never on the road, never in the news, so why does he need fancy suits? How is he worth two million a year? And I'm sick and tired of the lack of transparency in how NRA does anything? When was the last time you met a board member? One of 76? Again, I've been a member for around 25 years and never, not once met or even seen one, except Charlton Heston in Montana one time. And I saw Bob Barr in Denver at the aborted convention in 1999. Saw, not talked.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Wayne will probably go down with the ship, Capt Ahab style...

Ole Ahab got so target fixated and tangled up with that whale, Mobe-Dick, he lost it all. Ahab got sucked under by the whale he managed to harpoon and kill.

The whale in this scenario, is the dwindling NRA coffers, evidently in a death spiral, bled for so many years by WLP and his cronies. All this while we were continually coerced into giving just a little bit more.

Well, as an Endowment member, I'm done until they clean house. I don't even round up at MidwayUSA any longer, just check the "no thank you" box and move on.

DF

Whereis the board of the NRA?
I have to believe that there is more than enough unhappiness in the rank and file to make a change with Wayne. But nothing happens.
Wayne is no longer the problem, those that don’t replace him are the problem.

Ditto on MidwayUSA roundup, I don’t give a penny there, either.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The new edition of American Rifleman has Wayne on the cover
He says -- it is time ti fight.
Yes it is-- and has been for a while.
Where has he been? I mean besides buying suits and shopping for a mansion-- with our money!

Yes it is time to fight Wayne,, get out in front and lead the fight!!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

That's a lie and you should be ashamed to post it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Did the NRA buy Wayne that $ six million Texas mansion?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Wayne will probably go down with the ship, Capt Ahab style...

Ole Ahab got so target fixated and tangled up with that whale, Mobe-Dick, he lost it all. Ahab got sucked under by the whale he managed to harpoon and kill.

The whale in this scenario, is the dwindling NRA coffers, evidently in a death spiral, bled for so many years by WLP and his cronies. All this while we were continually coerced into giving just a little bit more.

DF

Exactly. And most unfortunately.

Or maybe Slim Pickens style, as in Dr Strangelove, although Slim had the attitude of a true patriot. The success of the Mission was his priority.
I don't see WLP in that picture.

My memory is getting older than I thought. Chill Wills was the Rider of The Bomb.

Last edited by Border Doc; 06/29/20.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How old is Wayne as of today !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy
How old is Wayne as of today !

The writing is on the wall grin Enjoy it

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-worried-about-nra-collapse-in-advance-of-2020-report-2019-7

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Some of you people seem to be gleeful at the prospect of the NRA going down. That's pretty dumb.

I hate to have to tell ya, but if NRA goes down, YOU go down. GOA is nice but they just don't have the chops. And how do you know what THEY spend on the boss's bennies?

In 2016 Ohio was a swing state, having gone for Obama in 2012. The NRA ran more ads for Trump in Ohio than the Trump campaign did. In my opinion, they were also better ads. Trump carried Ohio by 8 points. Our state is at least as conservative as Texas (surprise) and we don't have a Democrat governor like Montana. A proposed red flag law never got a hearing.

And that's why you'd better not root against the NRA. Did all the Leftists desert Obama because he spent $4 million on vacations?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The geriatrics here have done their shooting, the youngins have never heard of the NRA, and the president elect doesn't need em. Its pretty much useless.

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
IndyCA35, I think we are not gleeful with the NRA going down. We are pissed at the
way our money has been wasted. We don’t want the NRA gone, we want it “fixed”. There a lot of money sitting on the sidelines until it is fixed.
For the life of me, I can not understand why those with the authority do not have the balls to fix it.

Last edited by dale06; 06/29/20.

NRA Patron
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
610 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.