Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Looking to see if there are any game-cam type of cameras out there that could fit my needs.

We have an event that spans about a week and there is some shady stuff going on around here in one of our parking lots during this. Would like to find small cameras I could set up to keep watch on whats going on.

I would like a physically small camera that is easy to hide. Hopefully that I could offload images via wifi or bluetooth so I didn't have to physically grab the cameras or cards. Need to be very discrete and have infrared capability without being obvious to people.

Any suggestions?

Montana MOFO
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Does the site have solid, private WiFi connectivity? Good cellular coverage? What kind of distance from your recording positions are you looking to record, and what kind of fidelity are you looking for? Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ)?

License plate readings via IR at 50 yards? Facial captures for evidence?

Probably need a bit more info to give real solid advice.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I know some of the Sony video cameras have wireless download capability,
Within some near proximity..
Not cheap tho.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by duck911
Does the site have solid, private WiFi connectivity? Good cellular coverage? What kind of distance from your recording positions are you looking to record, and what kind of fidelity are you looking for? Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ)?

License plate readings via IR at 50 yards? Facial captures for evidence?

Probably need a bit more info to give real solid advice.

Decent cellular coverage.

When I said wifi or bluetooth, I hoped to be able to drive through the area and download stuff on my phone or computer using a wifi or bluetooth signal.

I don't envision pan tilt etc. I look at these as cameras to point and record, and then I download stuff the next day without it being obvious what I am doing.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use a whole set of these.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

VERY small, and easy to hide. You mount a small magnetic ball mount, then the small camera sticks to the mount. You adjust to any angle.

Good photos. Battery life is very good... The one at my front gate has battery life of 6 months or so.

https://www.wildgameinnovations.com/shadow-micro-cam-lightsout

It literally get a photo of every vehicle or person that comes by.

After placing the camera there, I was shocked to see the number of people that actually come by... (I live 25 miles out of town, and at the end of a remote county road.)

Usually, I save a photo of any vehicle I don't know, just in case something goes on that a timeprint needs to be established.

I carry extra SD cards, and just pop open the front, and swap SD cards, then check photos from my computer.

Usually under $100 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovations-...93430688&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-4

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Arlo makes a good system. All Wifi compatible, so you can watch from anywhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had good luck with Spypoint micro, they do require a monthly service plan and a solid cell signal. The good news is that the pictures go right to my phone at pre determined intervals. I currently run 6 during the bow season both on Long Island and out of state without issues. Right now I have one pointed at the front entrance to my shop until I can get a better system in place and it's taking decent quality time stamped pics.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hello all. Long time reader, new member. I use blink cams for my home, wifi/cell data anywhere. Good quality video and distance. They're not real concealable though.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

VERY small, and easy to hide. You mount a small magnetic ball mount, then the small camera sticks to the mount. You adjust to any angle.

Good photos. Battery life is very good... The one at my front gate has battery life of 6 months or so.

After placing the camera there, I was shocked to see the number of people that actually come by... (I live 25 miles out of town, and at the end of a remote county road.)

That looks pretty good. Got any IR pic samples?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a couple Spypoint link cameras that use cell service to send pictures to my phone. I keep the Micro model at our cabin 400 miles away to keep an eye on it. Battery life is very good, 6 months+ with lithiums, and programmable from your cellphone app. Catches the neighbors Basset patrolling the area. laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

That looks pretty good. Got any IR pic samples?

Just a random example.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't recommend it but I bought a wifi camera with an SD card called lifepoint. I originally set it up at my house but at work we had some guy coming into our conference room and pilfering our supplies that we were buying for a specific project.

So I brought this camera in and buy default it acted as a motion detector camera and would record motion video on the SD card.

Within 24 hours I had video of the guy coming in an loading up a backpack with stuff, entire boxes of items.

HR found out that I had the camera and was recording a guy stealing stuff and had a fit - about me using the camera - so I had to take it out, send an email to HR confessing ignorance about our policies on hidden cameras and have it entered into my HR file. He never got in trouble.

But my point was that the wifi camera we bought didn't require wifi to record to the SD card once you got it set up. So it essentially was a cheap version of a trail cam that could transfer photos and video via wifi if wifi was available.

I just bought a similar camera for outdoor mounting at Home Depot for $69. I've only had it a couple of days but its wireless with rechargeable batteries that last several weeks, with built in wifi and a smart phone app that lets you view whenever.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Just a random example.

Thanks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
tag

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I carry extra SD cards, and just pop open the front, and swap SD cards, then check photos from my computer.

iPhone version shown, but there are adapters for most any mobile phone. View/import SD card files directly to your phone:

[Linked Image from store.storeimages.cdn-apple.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
What I don't want to have to do is pull SD cards because I do not want anyone to know the cams are there.

So I want to be able to get in close proximity and download the images to my phone or computer.

Can any of these do this?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
I wouldn't recommend it but I bought a wifi camera with an SD card called lifepoint. I originally set it up at my house but at work we had some guy coming into our conference room and pilfering our supplies that we were buying for a specific project.

So I brought this camera in and buy default it acted as a motion detector camera and would record motion video on the SD card.

Within 24 hours I had video of the guy coming in an loading up a backpack with stuff, entire boxes of items.

HR found out that I had the camera and was recording a guy stealing stuff and had a fit - about me using the camera - so I had to take it out, send an email to HR confessing ignorance about our policies on hidden cameras and have it entered into my HR file. He never got in trouble.

But my point was that the wifi camera we bought didn't require wifi to record to the SD card once you got it set up. So it essentially was a cheap version of a trail cam that could transfer photos and video via wifi if wifi was available.

I just bought a similar camera for outdoor mounting at Home Depot for $69. I've only had it a couple of days but its wireless with rechargeable batteries that last several weeks, with built in wifi and a smart phone app that lets you view whenever.

Sadly I'm not surprised you were scolded and the Great Office Supply Bandit probably wasn't even spoken to

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There us an app called motion pro or 'something you can set up on old smart phones...
Only as good as the phone cams and WiFi range...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Get the cams that send pics back to your phone or computer.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Get the cams that send pics back to your phone or computer.

And which ones are those?

Montana MOFO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.