Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy. But that was before my people ever got here. Carry-on.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.

I'm shocked about how many Mississippians I've been hearing say they're happy about the flag change

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not even happy about the flag change. But I wasn't happy when SC changed theirs either

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm not even happy about the flag change. But I wasn't happy when SC changed theirs either

We didn't change our flag, they just took the stars and bars off of the state house.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver

We didn't change our flag, they just took the stars and bars off of the state house.

Gotcha. I forgot how that went

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by jdm953
You do know where Fort Sumter is dont you.The occupying forces were told to leave or be thrown out.The choice was theirs.

How did Gettysburg turn out for ya'll ? Kinda made for a long walk home those that those of whom the Yankees didn't kill .

You are being an a hole. Gettysburg took a huge toll on both sides.

Both sides can point to instances of great success and terrible failures.

Someone made a mistake, by invading the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, it was the last mistake that man made. A little while back someone was talking about invaders , we had some and we ran them off and killed those who wouldn't , the same thing will happen if we are invaded again .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The only mistake that man made was not prosecuting the war in the north in the same manner as his counterpart did in the south. Had he burned/pilllaged/raped his way in and out, the story would likely have been different. Lee knew how to win battles, but he didn't understand what it takes to win a war.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only mistake that man made was not prosecuting the war in the north in the same manner as his counterpart did in the south. Had he burned/pilllaged/raped his way in and out, the story would likely have been different. Lee knew how to win battles, but he didn't understand what it takes to win a war.

The main mistake Lee made was even attacking the Union fishhook at Gettysburg at all. Longstreet was right. It didn't make sense

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That and charging across an open field and up a hillside into the face of cannon fire, time and time again has been found to be a failed policy ! smile

Maybe if they had brought another 10 thousand men , we might have run out of cannon balls ! laugh

Hows NASCAR treating ya ? wink

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lee wasn't on his game at Gettysburg. And neither was Longstreet

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Lee was arrogant at Gettysburg, and made serious tactical errors. And yes, the whole war basically boiled down to manpower and technology being on the side of the union. However, had Lee not been the "honorable" man that he was, and sought to wage war on the civilians of the union, things could have been different. Personally, I will always be a proud southerner, but I am glad the south lost. I don't think we would have had near the freedoms we do now, however fleeting they may be, under the rule of the CSA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lee was arrogant at Gettysburg, and made serious tactical errors. And yes, the whole war basically boiled down to manpower and technology being on the side of the union. However, had Lee not been the "honorable" man that he was, and sought to wage war on the civilians of the union, things could have been different. Personally, I will always be a proud southerner, but I am glad the south lost. I don't think we would have had near the freedoms we do now, however fleeting they may be, under the rule of the CSA.

Jubal Early wasn't so kind. He burned down Chambersburg PA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Funny how all it takes is 1 or 2 wetting their pants liberal to get that done.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The first "Civil War" came about IMO, when Yankees invaded Kansas and started attacking so-called "pro-slavery" people in the territory and also in Missouri. They won that round because Kansas, nominally southern, fell to them by about 1859. Terrorism continued with John Brown attacking the Federal arsenal at Harper's Ferry. Then Lincoln would not evacuate a southern territory after the Confederacy declared independence and initiated a war now called "Civil" but in actuality an invasion of another country. He prosecuted it successfully and then when Lincoln himself didn't have the stomach for crushing the South even more under "Reconstruction" he was taken out and his replacement impeached. The ones behind the scenes finally got what they wanted, the South as an economic colony to be raped and pillaged for monies always headed to the big boys. What was the motivation? Outwardly, just as today, Black Lives Matter. In reality, just like the Bible says, "the love of money". Today just like then, a few big boys reap a huge reward by disguising their movement in humanitarian terms. Just like then, a cabal of useful WHITE idiots run the show for them and blacks are recruited for further window dressing.

So is it really a second Civil War or did the first one never end?

2cd......this time team up with the north and you will win.......bob

Yep, Minneapolis, Newark, St Louis, Baltimore, Philly, Chitcago, Detroit,.....

You go, bro. Yer tha winner. Ya won them fair an square. Now yer making the South follow suit and you call it progress. Yeah. Good luck fuggin America up.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/29/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Your cities suck more.... Phucqk!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimy
Your future looks bright ! laugh The small ones are such Lil darlins !

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Swamps got bugs you know nothing about out there in Montana.

You ain’t seen mosquitoes.

Milk River Valley..........................

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

What the phucqk are you talking about? Gawd you're going looney.

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 06/29/20. Reason: Changed words phucqk.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 22250rem, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.