Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave
[quote=Rickshaw]Magic....story of the 1980 Olympic hockey team.

Kurt Russell did a great job I thought.

It’s called Miracle.

But yes, great movie.[/quote

Thanks. I just came back to correct that. You beat me to it.

BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Go in peace my friend.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The casting was just perfect, Tommy Lee Jones, Woody, Anton, even small characters like the wife, the hotel desk lady, the gas station guy calling the coin toss, even the guy selling tent poles!

A couple other favorites I didn't see listed:

Aliens
Hoosiers
Shawshank
Captain Ron
Fugitive
Hateful 8

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
No Country For Old Men is outstanding. One of the few films that does the book justice. Even more so, it IMPROVED my enjoyment of the book having mental pictures of the characters in my mind’s eye, as I saw the film before reading the book. Then, I went back and watched the film immediately again, and it was even better for having read the book. A rare experience.

Did the ending of the book make any sense whatsoever because the ending of the movie didn't. Not to me anyway.

Pollock.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Once upon a time in Hollywood was a most pleasant surprise. I really didn’t expect it to be so good. Most of the others mentioned are just as good as well. Another favorite I didn’t see here is “There Will Be Blood”. Daniel Day Lewis was incredible in that movie.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Conan the Barbarian 1982... not the ridiculous remake

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Conan the Barbarian 1982... not the ridiculous remake

I agree with this as well.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Once upon a time in Hollywood was a most pleasant surprise. I really didn’t expect it to be so good. Most of the others mentioned are just as good as well. Another favorite I didn’t see here is “There Will Be Blood”. Daniel Day Lewis was incredible in that movie.

My brother, son, and I have entire conversations using nothing but quotes from that movie.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Primal Fear might be the best B movie ever. I watched it today while on the treadmill and laughed way more than I should’ve.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
12 O'clock High

Fargo

Lawrence of Arabia

Dances with Wolves

The Beast (mentioned above)

Finest Hour

The Longest Day

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rob Roy is another good one.

Same thing with Mel Gibson’s recent but generally overlooked “Blood Father” wherein Mel plays a former Outlaw Biker recently released from prison where he is contacted by his estranged daughter.

Funny thing is the scary tattooed Sicario assassin in that movie, the same guy that played the lead bad guy in “Apocalypto”, is actually a profession dancer, there’s photos of him all neatly dressed holding his pet yorkie. Dunno what team he’s on.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Rob Roy is another good one.

Same thing with Mel Gibson’s recent but generally overlooked “Blood Father” wherein Mel plays a former Outlaw Biker recently released from prison where he is contacted by his estranged daughter.

Funny thing is the scary tattooed Sicario assassin in that movie, the same guy that played the lead bad guy in “Apocalypto”, is actually a profession dancer, there’s photos of him all neatly dressed holding his pet yorkie. Dunno what team he’s on.

Rob Roy is one of a handful of movies I'll not watch a second time. Gets me too fired up. Gotta tell myself it's just a movie. I sure wanted to climb through the screen and choke that fancy boy. Maybe a second viewing wouldn't get me so charged, but not sure my BP would take it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Chinatown
Man on Fire

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whelennut
This is my new favorite movie.
I have plenty of time to watch them now

What is yours?

whelennut

My favorite ending to a movie ever

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you like No Country for Old Men, and Sicario type movies, try "The Three Burials of Melquiada Estrada"....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Didn't read the entire thread, but for the love of Jesus, please tell me "The Big Lebowski" was at least mentioned in passing?

True Romance, Usual Suspects, Midnight in the garden of good and evil....

If you haven't seen it, "Hold the Dark" is one of my new favorites on Netflix and you need to watch it twice to catch everything. The scene where the native guy unleashes the M60 on a tripod on the cops is badass!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My brother, son, and I have entire conversations using nothing but quotes from that movie.

I almost missed it at the box office because I ain’t a big Tarantino fan, the Hawkeye posted on it here and I just caught it on the big screen. Great movie, I’d se it again in a heartbeat.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I almost missed it at the box office because I ain’t a big Tarantino fan, the Hawkeye posted on it here and I just caught it on the big screen. Great movie, I’d se it again in a heartbeat.

I was referring to There Will Be Blood.

But Once Upon a Time is my current favorite movie.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GregW
If you like No Country for Old Men, and Sicario type movies, try "The Three Burials of Melquiada Estrada"....

That is a great movie, Tommy Lee Jones & Barry Pepper were at their best.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by GregW

That is a great movie, Tommy Lee Jones & Barry Pepper were at their best.

That movie flat fugking sucks.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
550 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.