Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I keep an eye on opening the borders and not sure if I want to send my outfitter another $5,000 next month or wait and pay in full upon arrival if that happens.

Is the Canadian government going to allow all of us in country with. The potential risk of someone infecting a group of folks in various lodges?
That would be disastrous.

Too many people in the U.S. aren’t following the rules.

GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I wouldn't hold my breath on coming into our country to hunt this fall.I would rate the % at under 1%.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Watching this closely

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am booked for 18 days outside Toad River BC beginning 28 August. I don't see it happening either.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sept 11th for me. I don't see it happening either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Steve Redgwell,

Thank you for the sites you posted. I wasn’t familiar with destinationcanada.com

I’m beginning to think it’s a no go unless the government requires a confirmed test result, 24-48 hours before arricvimg in Canada and then a retest at the border.

I can’t imagine all the U.S. people on the ferry traveling to NF would be allowed in country without being tested several times.

Bad for the outfitters, good for the moose!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The game wardens are going to have to ticket the locals hard to keep the fine money coming in.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Think we’re hosed boys..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by abbydog
Steve Redgwell,

Thank you for the sites you posted. I wasn’t familiar with destinationcanada.com

I’m beginning to think it’s a no go unless the government requires a confirmed test result, 24-48 hours before arricvimg in Canada and then a retest at the border.

I can’t imagine all the U.S. people on the ferry traveling to NF would be allowed in country without being tested several times.

Bad for the outfitters, good for the moose!

You're welcome. Sorry that it couldn't be better news.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Canadian government is extending the 14 day quarantine to all persons entering the country.That adds immensely to the time required for the visit and to the cost. Then your home nation may also have a 14 day quarantine when you return.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/quarantine-rules-extended-again-1.5631731

Effectively we're stuck on our own side of the 49th parallel. Very glad I did not put in for Wyoming antelope! Too big of a gamble that if drawn on my 9 points, I would not be able to use the tag this year.

Last edited by AB2506; 06/29/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I were planning to drive across Canada to Alaska in September on our yearly sightseeing vacation. I guess that is not going to happen? Can anyone tell me if travel from the lower 48 into Alaska is allowed considering the Corona panic?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I spoke to our outfitter yesterday in NF and her season to date is dead, not even Canadians by the sound of it.
The province gave the outfitters $10,000 as did the government.
Wait and see, they are hoping but skeptical.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
My wife and I were planning to drive across Canada to Alaska in September on our yearly sightseeing vacation. I guess that is not going to happen? Can anyone tell me if travel from the lower 48 into Alaska is allowed considering the Corona panic?

I imagine they are may be rethinking the present rules. At one point they were allowing U.S. residents who said they wanted to enter and drive directly to Alaska to cross the border. Then some were caught making side trips to Banff, etc. So, if there are new problems it is attributable to the actions of U.S. residents.

Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As of now you can still drive through Canada to Alaska as quickly and directly possible. If someone strays off route it is a $1000 fine per person in vehicle. My brothers GF just came back from Missouri after helping her mother there for last 2 weeks with med appointment's and was told at Cdn border to go directly home and quarantine for 2 weeks. She was stopped by RCMP 30 miles into Canada as CBSA had alerted them and making sure she was on track and to expect check ups over next 2 weeks.

So her and my brother will have 14 days house arrest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I let my outfitter know I'd be up for a late season goat hunt this year as he always has openings, but it's not looking likely.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by abbydog
I keep an eye on opening the borders and not sure if I want to send my outfitter another $5,000 next month or wait and pay in full upon arrival if that happens.

Is the Canadian government going to allow all of us in country with. The potential risk of someone infecting a group of folks in various lodges?
That would be disastrous.

Too many people in the U.S. aren’t following the rules.

I talked to an outfitter in NL today. He didn't think that Americans will be allowed across. Might make for some deasl for us in the near Atlantic provinces.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Originally Posted by Hastings

I imagine they are may be rethinking the present rules. At one point they were allowing U.S. residents who said they wanted to enter and drive directly to Alaska to cross the border. Then some were caught making side trips to Banff, etc. So, if there are new problems it is attributable to the actions of U.S. residents.

Jim

Yep, this has happened, Americans caught touring around Banff. They were all charged. If you are going to Alaska, keep on the route. Straying off the route opens you up to expensive prosecutions. They are not joking around.

A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I saw today date was pushed to August 21st.
My son called the outfitter yesterday and she moved us to next year same dates. She is not taking any more deposits for 2021 hunts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 1,198 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.