Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Get better man!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Good luck with the ER. I've only gone to the ER twice once to get some stitches in my finger and once on a Saturday morning for back pain that had kept me awake for over a week. They stitched up my finger ok but for the back pain they just took one x-ray and told me nothing was wrong with my back. They did give me a prescription for some pain medication that had no effect on the pain.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your going on close to a week now right?

Ribs and those little wings on your vertebrae that the muscles attach to can take two to three weeks before the volume starts to go down on the pain.
Cracked/ fractured/ broken they all hurt about the same...

Good luck and take it easy...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My grandmother made tea with plum brandy. Cure all.
I have a bunch of pottery such as tea cups with poppy painting

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by victoro
Good luck with the ER. I've only gone to the ER twice once to get some stitches in my finger and once on a Saturday morning for back pain that had kept me awake for over a week. They stitched up my finger ok but for the back pain they just took one x-ray and told me nothing was wrong with my back. They did give me a prescription for some pain medication that had no effect on the pain.

The tea I took about 5 pm yesterday wore off about an hour ago, having a hard time moving around now, think I'll make some more, works much better than the pain pills, and lasts longer.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
not a "controlled substance"?

You sure as heck ain't going to pass a work place drug test! smile

Good thing to know, tho.

Not so sure about not passing the test.

Was in the hosp. for 4-5 days after getting vibrio in both legs. They had me on huge amounts of morphine.

Got released from the hosp. and got called the next day because my name was pulled for random drug test. I took my discharge papers with me, and told the nurse I was gonna fail because of the morphine, but here is the paperwork. She said we'll see what the test says...

Passed with flying colors.

Asked why, and she said opium leaves the body really quick.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by las
not a "controlled substance"?

You sure as heck ain't going to pass a work place drug test! smile

Good thing to know, tho.

Not so sure about not passing the test.

Was in the hosp. for 4-5 days after getting vibrio in both legs. They had me on huge amounts of morphine.

Got released from the hosp. and got called the next day because my name was pulled for random drug test. I took my discharge papers with me, and told the nurse I was gonna fail because of the morphine, but here is the paperwork. She said we'll see what the test says...

Passed with flying colors.

Asked why, and she said opium leaves the body really quick.

This doesn’t apply here but a hair sample goes a long way back in time for drug analyses.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Is this from the wave you stuffed awhile back when you went fishing? Does the pain shoot down one side of your ass? I have the same. Happened while chipping 6" of ice on the driveway. Sciatica. PT had me doing stretches with my knees to my chest and laying on the floor with my feet and calves on the sofa. PT bent my straight leg back at the hip while I was laying on my back. I woulda hit him during that one if he was in range. In my condition I'm sure he weren't too skeered. He said to alternate heat and ice as well. Later CT scans showed degenerative arthritis of the spine. Too long in waders while duck hunting will bring tears to my eyes as will all day in a layout blind.

I'll bet humpin' and layin tile for a few decades hasn't done you any favors. Hope the doc gets to the bottom of it and you heal up soon. Constant back pain is no way to live.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Roger, making a few assumptions from your age and " work history and lifestyle" you have a well used back aggravated by a compression event while seated. Pain relief is important as long as masking the pain does not cause you to abuse when you should be healing. After the root problem is diagnosed there are many core and flexibility exercises which may be therapeutic. A strong and flexible core is key to protecting the spine and will allow you to stay active and at least maintain a level of pain that can be lived with by normal folks. Good luck and stay open minded...and stay on your feet offshoregrin.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
734 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.