Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
On Tuesday, in a sweeping 5–4 decision, the Supreme Court forced a majority of states to fund private religious schools in a ruling that compels millions of U.S. taxpayers to subsidize Christian education—even if financing another religion violates their own beliefs.

But its OK to compel millions of taxpayers to subsidize abortion - even if it violates their own beliefs.

John Roberts Just Bulldozed the Wall Separating Church and State

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John Roberts is a cancer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rlott
On Tuesday, in a sweeping 5–4 decision, the Supreme Court forced a majority of states to fund private religious schools in a ruling that compels millions of U.S. taxpayers to subsidize Christian education—even if financing another religion violates their own beliefs.

But its OK to compel millions of taxpayers to subsidize abortion - even if it violates their own beliefs.

So Muslim schools also?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
ALL public school should go away. Your kid, your responsibility.

Lots of 'conservatives' don't buy into parents being responsible for THEIR children. It's funny to see and another example of why we are so [bleep].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by rlott

So Muslim schools also?

Took the words right outta my mouth. We are going to pay dearly for that down the road.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RemModel8

Lots of 'conservatives' don't buy into parents being responsible for THEIR children. It's funny to see and another example of why we are so [bleep].

I mostly agree. Public schools with their “free two meals a day” are really more of a glorified daycare and taxpayer redistribution scheme than they are a learning center. There’s almost no civics, western history, or American history being taught. About the only thing worthwhile being taught are the hard sciences and reading/writing. It doesn’t take 12 years of schooling to lean algebra and how to read/write. Most of the rest of it is leftist propaganda and glorified daycare to send mom and dad or “single mom” off to work.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 06/30/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You and I may be the only two Americans left who believe this. I’m glad you posted it so I no longer think I’m the only one. You should no more pay for my kids’ education than you should for their vehicles, clothes, or healthcare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are raising children in a place that the public education system is BS, then move to where it is not.
Super happy with our district, and the teachers and PTO.
YMMV.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Imagine that... more 24/7 fake news blabberfest...

Thats not what happened at all... its a tax credit for giving up to $150 in donations to a private school, or a scholarship.

Again... blabber blabber blabber...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Backroads
If you are raising children in a place that the public education system is BS, then move to where it is not.
Super happy with our district, and the teachers and PTO.
YMMV.

Ours is better than average. I just don’t think you have any responsibility to pay for my kids’ education.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sending children to public school is tantamount to child abuse. The state of government education is the reason we’re dealing with all the BS we’re seeing today

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bush is having a continual chuckle over Roberts and his antics.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I mostly agree. Public schools with their “free two meals a day” are really more of a glorified daycare and taxpayer redistribution scheme than they are a learning center. There’s almost no civics, western history, or American history being taught. About the only thing worthwhile being taught are the hard sciences and reading/writing. It doesn’t take 12 years of schooling to lean algebra and how to read/write. Most of the rest of it is leftist propaganda and glorified daycare to send mom and dad or “single mom” off to work.
Hell, I'm glad they don't teach history. "Lincoln killed the evil slavers and freed the slaves." "Thomas Jefferson was a racist." "The US was started by a bunch of rich slave owners who didn't want to pay their taxes." "We should apologize to the Japs for bombing them." On and on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Bush is having a continual chuckle over Roberts and his antics.
Just like daddy Bush laughed when JFK's assassination was brought up. He's probably not laughing right now as he's roasting and the devil's poking him in the ass with that pitchfork.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The linked article was written by a Liberal calling this SC ruling a Conservative victory. The author is butt-hurt because now they can't force LGBTQ ideology down private charter school children like they do in public schools.

The upshot: Taxpayers in most of the country will soon start funding overtly religious education—including the indoctrination of children into a faith that might clash with their own conscience. For example, multiple schools that participate in Montana’s scholarship program inculcate students with a virulent anti-LGBTQ ideology that compares homosexuality to bestiality and incest.

Not sure yet what to make of this. Never gave it a thought until now. All my kids are way past school age.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Hell, I'm glad they don't teach history. "Lincoln killed the evil slavers and freed the slaves." "Thomas Jefferson was a racist." "The US was started by a bunch of rich slave owners who didn't want to pay their taxes." "We should apologize to the Japs for bombing them." On and on.

Fair point

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
John Roberts is a cancer.

Re-elect The Donald and we'll have at least one, maybe two more conservative Justices.

Then, Roberts can play to the Swamp grandstand all he wants, the vote will be there.

Once the vote is there, he'll probably go along with the majority.

He's more of a political weather vane than a true Justice.

DF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,088
Posts18,463,966
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.