Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
speaking of axe's I have a mint marble's double bit #14 original sheath only made 1905 1906 many other marble safety axe's knives including canoe stag handles folder's fish knife's belt knives trailmakers to many to mention also many marbles sights . love to get to the museum some day doesn't look good for this year . still planning on fish camp in Quebec

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
"Axe and ye shall receive."

"The axe man cometh."

"No one axed you for your opinion."

"Why you axing me all these questions, homes?"

"Just like a lumberman. Brings an axe to a gun fight."

Lizzie Bordens of the world- Unite!

Personally I'm glad I don't own an axe. This way I won't have to actually chop something.

Oh, did I forget to mention, I'm bringing a block of wood also. There will be two shiny Orange clay pidgeons to the right and left of my American Beauty Double. The first person to break both birds with one shot gets to keep the two Grants under the clay. Recommendation, bring a 38-55, might give you an edge over an HP. Unless Roy shows up. Then we will let him shoot first and find his own ride home.

I wish I was going to be there.

I'd shoot a hole right straight through that ax handle and then laugh my ass off.

Edit: I'm laughing just thinking about it.... laugh

Not as difficult a feat as you might imagine. Consider that the target you're actually shooting at is twice the diameter of the bullet. Ie: if a .308 bullet is used you can be off as much as almost .300" on either side of the blade edge- it only takes the tiniest of slivers to break the balloon on the opposite side of the blade from the main chunk of the bullet. That adds up to a target .6" wide. Not terribly difficult with an accurate rifle.

I would still rather laugh along with Randy after he shattered Joe's axe handle with a .300 Savage.😂😂

Weeelll, on second thought, maybe I'll bring the new Kelly double I got at Ace hardware with a coupon. I'd hate to drive the steel wedge out the other end of the handle. But, then again, it would be a cool peace pipe?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Well fellows as much as I hate to say it, Ill not be making the trip with Jerry to penn. this Aug. My Girl Friend and I are getting married, and have put in a Offer on a house on the small lake that I live by! so if all gos well Ill be Very busy about the time of the Get togather! Wish a Great time for those that make the drive! an hope to see Pics!

Last edited by saddlering; 06/29/20.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
You will be missed, John!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
Well fellows as much as I hate to say it, Ill not be making the trip with Jerry to penn. this Aug. My Girl Friend and I are getting married, and have put in a Offer on a house on the small lake that I live by! so if all gos well Ill be Very busy about the time of the Get togather! Wish a Great time for those that make the drive! an hope to see Pics!

Best of luck John. Congratulations.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations John! Best wishes and good luck with the bride and the house.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Congratulations John. Best wishes

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John, I trust you have heard the story about free milk and the cow? LOL

Just kidding buddy. I'm really glad for you! A good wife is a very good thing.

LOL
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks guys! she wanted me to still make the trip, but we hope to be moving into the, new to us Place about then! so very busy not to mention the dam Virus, making everything harder to try and get done!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Very Exciting News John, Congratulations!! Make sure everyone at Noxen raises a toast to Your good fortune!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I see John has all you folks hoodwinked perty good. The real reason he backed out is he said "I'll be dammmmed if I'm a gonna go there and let that young wippersnapper out shoot me in a bad way again!!" (Brace) That and he also said if I hafta spend 8 hours each way in the Cheby wiff Jerry again I'll shoot myself!

Congratulations on finding your dream lake front home with a woman who is obviously visually challenged. laugh we will miss you, espically since we aint that good of a shot. We will sell you some pictures at bulk rate price.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

The annual Noxen Rattlesnake Roundup has been officially cancelled.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack

The annual Noxen Rattlesnake Roundup has been officially cancelled.

Don't want to pass the Covid onto the poor rattlesnakes.... crazy

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Good. That means all the more rattlers for us. Wait'll y'all see Joe Martin do his Indian snake dance in a pink tutu.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 06/30/20.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good. That means all the more rattlers for us. Wait'll y'all see Joe Martin do his Indian snake dance in a pink tutu.

Wow, that would be something to see!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
John, is that your roundabout way of inviting all of us to the wedding?

My other buddy, John, asked to bring him a Ratler back. His python ate one of his wife’s cats and choked. I figured it would be cool to put it in a fish tank on the kitchen counter. That way when Jay had breakfast ready, he could tap on the glass and make it rattle. Gary’s scream would wake every body up.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I may be able to attend. If I can come I'll have a photography trailer with me and can photograph rifles for the next book. I have some health problems so it's not definite yet that I'll be able to come. I should know next week. Does the cabin have electricity?

Last edited by wyo1895; 07/24/20.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Electricity?? Bwahahaha. That area of Pennsylvania never heard of Edison and Tesla!

(Kidding, of course. There's more electricity at the camp than a man can use in a lifetime.)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good, I'll need it for lights and air conditioning.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I may be able to attend. If I can come I'll have a photography trailer with me and can photograph rifles for the next book. I have some health problems so it's not definite yet that I'll be able to come. I should know next week. Does the cabin have electricity?

We would love to have you David!! The cabin has everything you need. If you have any questions let me or Gary know.

Joe

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

570 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 48 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,787
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.