B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by Theeck
Would someone explain to me the appeal of Harleys and that type of motorcycle. If the sports bikes are faster and more maneuverable, why a Harley? Is it an issue of comfort?
If I have to tell you...you wouldn’t understand.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

Yeah, I guess I just don't get it. Some of them look cool and comfortable. For me, I am just not drawn to a bike that is that big and heavy. I guess comfort, power and stability are their strengths. Sport bikes are faster and more maneuverable but probably less comfortable. Personally, I like dirt bikes and the lighter they are, the better in my opinion. If I wasn't a financial failure, I would have a nice Husqvarna 2 stroke enduro. I do think some of the road bikes look cool though. Maybe I'll come around as I age.

I grew up in an area that was loaded with outlaw bikers in the 70s and 80s - mostly Pagans and Warlocks. In fact, 2 that went to the same high school as me (many years before) became notorious killers. When I was a little kid, I was terrified of the bikers. They would roll down the streets with insanely loud bikes in a menacing way. As I grew up, I realized that most bikers are actually just role playing. There are still some 1%ers around but not in great numbers. Most of them are senior citizens or close to it.

Honestly, the Harley's are antiques that work good. At least in feel. Thoroughly modern, a bit quirky, but an old bike feel. Just the same, a guy in the 50's would think it was a rocketship with unbelievable power, ride, and reliability. They are a LOT better than the old stuff. Wouldn't mind having a sport bike, just that I'm poor, and my brains are the winner over my balls, when I see a twisty road. Still, they are fun. Just have to go 100 to start having that fun.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Frankly, that guy was an artist. I would be very surprised if he hadn't raced in the past. He's definitely done track days before. For us mortals, having the ass end step out can be enough to scare us into exercising a bit more caution. He jumped right back on it with no hesitation. He's recovered a loose back end before without question.

I enjoyed that!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Farming
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I must be the only one in the world that opened this expecting bucking horses.....

Like you I was expecting some kind of stock

Same.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Farming
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I must be the only one in the world that opened this expecting bucking horses.....

Like you I was expecting some kind of stock

Same.

I was expecting spandex.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The dude is pretty good, but most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot onto a real race track with real racers, regardless of the racing surface.
Brutally.

same with stunt drivers like Ken Block,
who hadnt a chance in hell against
Sebastián Loeb on WRC course.

First time Loeb competed in Pike's Peak,
he obliterated the record of 9.46 with 8.14

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,081
Posts18,463,897
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.