Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...HOP+protest+zone._7_1_2020&utm_term=

Updated July 1, 2020 at 6:36 am

By Seattle Times staff
The Seattle Police Department swept into CHOP early Wednesday with heavily equipped officers and tactical vehicles to clear out the Capitol Hill protest zone. Police issued dispersal orders and had arrested about a dozen people as of 5:23 a.m., the department tweeted.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan issued an executive order that went out at 4:58 a.m. declaring the “gathering in this area an unlawful assembly requiring immediate action from city agencies, including the Police Department.”

At least 100 police officers equipped with body armor, batons, helmets and weapons moved into CHOP. “Anyone who remains in the area, or returns to the area, is subject to arrest,” the department tweeted.
https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/status/1278302001139335168/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1278302001139335168%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattletimes.com%2Fseattle-news%2Fseattle-police-clearing-chop-protest-zone%2F

Police reported people were overturning portable toilets as officers swept the area.

“This order, and our police response, comes after weeks of violence in and around the Capitol Hill Occupied Protests Zone, including four shootings, resulting in multiple injuries and the deaths of two teenagers,” Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best said in a statement. She was watching Wednesday morning from a staging area at the fire station on 13th Avenue and East Pine Street.

Police said anyone seeking to leave the area without getting arrested could do so through the south end of the zone, toward Pike Street.

The sweep comes one day after police and other city employees removed some barriers at the CHOP with heavy equipment at 10th Avenue and East Pine Street. But within an hour Tuesday, protesters had erected their own makeshift barricade as a replacement.

Tuesday’s back-and-forth over barriers was the latest episode in a stalemate between the city and protesters, who for about three weeks occupied several blocks around the park and the Police Department’s East Precinct. Police left the precinct after standoffs and clashes with protesters calling for racial justice and an end to police brutality.

Calls to bring law enforcement back to the East Precinct and shut down CHOP have been amplified by four shootings in the area over about a nine-day span, including one Monday morning that killed a 16-year-old boy and wounded a 14-year-old boy.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Parents and grandparents have to smell that moving back into their basements.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gee, do you think the mayor's change of heart has anything to do with them going to her home? Maybe these protestors should be encouraged to go to more public officials homes. Let them taste what they allow others to go through.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...281-b8177945-8696-4cfb-afa8-dfda5f9ccf1f

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Gee, do you think the mayor's change of heart has anything to do with them going to her home? Maybe these protestors should be encouraged to go to more public officials homes. Let them taste what they allow others to go through.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...281-b8177945-8696-4cfb-afa8-dfda5f9ccf1f

I'm sure that's part of it, plus the shootings, plus the idea of patriotic Americans taking care of business on Independence Day.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'll bet that precinct building is full of feces.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They needed to set up the fireworks battery.

The falling sparks should help disinfect the area...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Maybe she wanted to avoid the conflict the bikers were bringing!
0r
Was that debunked already?🤷‍♂️

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The Seattle Police Chief seems pretty sensible from a couple interviews and briefings I saw.

She should run for Mayor.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
It's about time!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Seattle Police Chief seems pretty sensible from a couple interviews and briefings I saw.

If she was sensible she would never have been appointed chief of police in Seattle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And have you noticed not a word was said by the cops regarding the comm equipment, guns and ammo abandoned in the police station when the cops bailed? Did ya wonder where the little bolsheviks got the AR rifles they handed out to their “security” thugs?

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
White bodies to the front!

I don’t think they should be retaking CHAZ but agree with this tactic if it is going down. The first and harshest punishment should fall on the traitors.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Youtube removed it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

If she was sensible she would never have been appointed chief of police in Seattle.

I don't know too much about her, but she did come up through the ranks of Seattle PD, 28 years.

The one before her, O'Toole, I don't think ever served as a real police officer, but was edumucated and an appointee to executive positions in Boston, Ireland, and Seattle.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Youtube removed it.

No they didn't.

You just can't imbed the link.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"declaring the “gathering in this area an unlawful assembly requiring immediate action from city agencies, including the Police Department.”

I guess "immediate" means 3 weeks.

Dale

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The mayor was scared spitless that the bikers were really going to roll in and sort it out. The mayor knows the police have to show restraint and the bikers will not. 23 arrested is better than 23 dead.
Probably after the weekend the mayor will look the other way and let them set up again.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ah man... I was hoping the Bikers were going to get to do that....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About 3 weeks late but better late than never.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.