Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tpcollins
These people wearing cloth masks and cowboy handkerchiefs have to be some stupid idiots.

Those aren’t going to stop jack squat from getting in - if they do come in contact with someone.

Those stupid idiots are not wearing them to keep disease our.They are meant to keep you from spreading it should you have it and not know it..Now who is the stupid one. There are more stupid people in this world who can't come to grips with this basic fact. Many of them on here. Probably don't wear a seat belt or a helmet if riding a motorcycle either because you don't want others to think you are living in fear.

Wearing a mask is just common courtesy to let others know you care enough to not spread disease to others should you have it and not know it.Something that is lacking on this forum also.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I saw this on another forum yesterday. I have no idea how old the poster is or anything else related to him, but it seemed like a reasonable response. From his tone where he mentions grandfathers and fathers going to war, I'm guessing maybe Baby Boomer age. I bolded his comments here.

Wearing a mask is not a favorite thing of mine, but if it might help with this covid mess and keep it from spreading a bit, and at the same time if someone else might be more comfortable in public seeing me with a mask, I'll wear one without fail. It has absolutely no effect on how I view myself.

I saw a statement made at the first of this pandemic: It went along the lines of, "Our grandfathers and fathers sacrificed and gave up everything at home and went to war in foreign places to keep us safe. All they are asking of us at this time is to stay home when possible and wear a mask when out in the public. Our generation can handle this."

With all of the griping that goes on constantly, sometimes I wonder.

Of course since this is the 24 HCF, YMMV on what this guy's thought are. laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by tpcollins
These people wearing cloth masks and cowboy handkerchiefs have to be some stupid idiots.

Those aren’t going to stop jack squat from getting in - if they do come in contact with someone.

Those stupid idiots are not wearing them to keep disease our.They are meant to keep you from spreading it should you have it and not know it..Now who is the stupid one. There are more stupid people in this world who can't come to grips with this basic fact. Many of them on here. Probably don't wear a seat belt or a helmet if riding a motorcycle either because you don't want others to think you are living in fear.

Wearing a mask is just common courtesy to let others know you care enough to not spread disease to others should you have it and not know it.Something that is lacking on this forum also.

Yes.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Armednfree
What kills me is people who wear one with their nose out. That's like cutting the tip off a condom.

People keep talking about the Japanese wearing masks.
They only wear them when they know they are sick...
Americans are wearing them like putting a condom on before going out to a bar, hoping they will get some play...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Not against Coronavirus.

In the article you linked, the author stated that surgical masks reduce viral load in a healthcare setting. What is special about coronavirus? (Or is she just wrong?)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Not against Coronavirus.
In the article you linked, the author stated that surgical masks reduce viral load in a healthcare setting.
lol

But we’re not talking about “surgical masks”. We’ve been talking about “cloth masks”. She (a nationally recognized expert on infectious diseases) clearly stated in the article I linked, “cloth masks in my opinion don’t work in any form. They aren’t very good at source control, except for maybe very large particles. And they should not be used in healthcare settings...”.

still lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hell i've had to go into the city the past 2 days and i saw city f uckheads riding bicycles with a mask on. walking down the street too. wtf. so glad i live in the country.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A numbers game:

[video:youtube]https://www.foxnews.com[/video]

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Armednfree
What kills me is people who wear one with their nose out. That's like cutting the tip off a condom.

Stop that ,, you made me laugh so hard I almost pissed my pants..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My wife's SIL is sick from fear of Covid. .Totally nuts

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by arkypete
Having watched people walk through my neighborhood wearing a mask, driving their autos alone, working in their yards, masked up in the grocery store like they were walking through the Ebola ward. I'm thinking spreading the word across the nation that wearing ladies sanitary napkins held in place with rubber bands are far superior to the store-bought masks. Any ideas on how to this idea?

With or without the female attached? Could nake a huge difference in the marketing plan.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
But we’re not talking about “surgical masks”. We’ve been talking about “cloth masks”. She (a nationally recognized expert on infectious diseases)

Maybe the difference is semantic? I thought “cloth masks” included a subset “surgical masks”, thinking they are made of cloth, but it seems they are made of fabric.

And you’ve mentioned several times the lady is a nationally recognized expert. There are other nationally recognized experts who’ve said masks are effective.

It would be good to compare case increases between similar areas that mandate masks versus don’t.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by arkypete
Having watched people walk through my neighborhood wearing a mask, driving their autos alone, working in their yards, masked up in the grocery store like they were walking through the Ebola ward. I'm thinking spreading the word across the nation that wearing ladies sanitary napkins held in place with rubber bands are far superior to the store-bought masks. Any ideas on how to this idea?

Well, the sanitary napkins make way better heavy lifting bandages than the masks. I keep a stash in the first aid kits partly for that reason. Fun fact-WW 1 nurses developed the prototype for the modern pad. Cellucotton (sp?) bandages were their material of choice. They soaked up blood better than the cloth bandages.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Please help me reason this through..
If you believe masks are an answer and you are comfortable being mandated to wear one.. why do you care if I don't wear one?
Yours works...right??

There is no threat of "overwhelming the health care system". That's already been proven bogus.

Last edited by longarm; 07/02/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a baclava-style mask with a grinning skull silkscreened on it that I wear while riding my Harley. I wear it around my neck. If a place insists that I wear a mask, I just pull it up over my nose.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a box of nitrile gloves at harbor freight was $13.99 today, and they had 6 boxes in stock.

normally they are $7.99 or on sale for $5.99

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6 blind men on an elephant.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by longarm
Please help me reason this through..
If you believe masks are an answer and you are comfortable being mandated to wear one.. why do you care if I don't wear one?
Yours works...right??

There is no threat of "overwhelming the health care system". That's already been proven bogus.

I'm not pushing the masks but to help you reason through it you need to understand that the mask isn't to protect the person wearing it. It's to reduce the number and range of virus's passed from the person wearing it.....same idea as covering a cough or sneeze, the stuff just doesn't go as far.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanks JCM. Yes, I've heard that.
My point was more along the lines of if masks work to protect the wearer from incoming viruses, then what difference does it make to them if I'm wearing one or not?
Here in Oregon it is now required to wear one indoors in public places. So I can walk or drive downtown to get a beer w/o one.. then I have to wear one to cross the threshold of a restaurant.. and once in I can take it off again to enjoy my beer. How does this make any sense?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
738 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 86 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.