Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
Xycod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
Got a couple of quick questions, first off,..is the Wyoming guns any better or worse quality wise than previous makes? Number 2, does anyone know what barrel is being used on the 338 Lapua accumark and why is it the only one with a carbon(not stainless bbl). Thanks.

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

A buddy of mine recently picked up one of the new Titanium rifles in .300 Weatherby. It was shipped to a local store and when he picked it up it looked like this. He contacted Weatherby (e-mail with photo) and they were less than helpful to say the least. They essentially told him to pound sand and take it up with the outfit he bought it from. When he asked about just paying them (Weatherby) to repair the recoil pad, they told him they were "backed up for months" and couldn't help.

It's just a recoil pad and any moderately skilled smith could likely replace it for under $100 I realize. Still, I am less than impressed with the entirely of how they handled it. I advised him to call back and keep chewing azz until someone at LEAST agreed to send a new factory recoil pad, but I haven't spoken to him since and don't know if he followed up again. Either way, any notion I might have had towards buying one (Ti) was cooled a bit.

Dave

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That looks like a schitty recoil pad. I'd not want that on a rifle, regardless of whether it is "damaged.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Brother Dave, for what you pay for one of those, there shouldn’t be a nick in the damn thing, let alone the pad looking like that. Wtf? How in the fuuck did that pass inspection?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Judman
Brother Dave, for what you pay for one of those, there shouldn’t be a nick in the damn thing, let alone the pad looking like that. Wtf? How in the fuuck did that pass inspection?

Couldn't agree more Jud. The whole thing mystifies me a bit honestly. Given the obscene price of the damn thing, I would have thought Weatherby would be clamoring to make it right. It's a cool gun and i REALLY love they moved their operation to WY, but at least in this case they still have some growing pains to work through i guess.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Copy that neighbor jus got a ti in 6.5-300, shoots excellent, fit/finish are great too

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
jdb Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My neighbor won a 6.5/300 at the mule deer foundation banquet. The actual trigger was broken. He sent it back and it took MONTHS to return and when it did it had a huge scratch in the stock that wasn’t there previously

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For what you have to pay these days for a rifle like that it would be more beneficial to just do a build to your own specs. These Ti rifles list for $3K+. There are so many custom builders around in that price range I wouldn’t even consider the Wby. But that’s just me.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave, I reached out to a friend and hope it helps

Last edited by Dre; 07/01/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Surprising.Sounds like an anomaly. Weatherby has always had fantastic customer service in my experience.

IC B3

X
Xycod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Surprising.Sounds like an anomaly. Weatherby has always had fantastic customer service in my experience.

Same, there’s a lady that works there, Teresa I think, she’s been beyond great as CS goes anytime I had issues.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Carter Country in Houston usually has a good stock of Weatherby MK Vs in several models. And they back them up. I don't think that's a good case for online buying. Buy at a retail outlet.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Rossimp
For what you have to pay these days for a rifle like that it would be more beneficial to just do a build to your own specs. These Ti rifles list for $3K+. There are so many custom builders around in that price range I wouldn’t even consider the Wby. But that’s just me.

I was looking at a Laser Mark similar to mine and those damn things go for at least $3000 nowdays. I paid $1000 for mine used but not well used. It still looks new.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple of dealers I know told me they are getting a lot of guns damaged in shipping lately, often broken through at the grip. My RAR's triggerguard was broken clean off.

No excuse for poor CS though.

What fresh Hell is this?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Dre
Dave, I reached out to a friend and hope it helps

Appreciate that Dre. If anyone reaches out to me, I’ll put them in contact with Trent.

In fairness to Weatherby, it may very well have been a shipping issue. I’d still expect them to want to make it “right” in some way...though I guess that term is fairly subjective in nature.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
That looks like a schitty recoil pad. I'd not want that on a rifle, regardless of whether it is "damaged.

Was interested in their Backcountry line as well. But agree with HuntnShoot that recoil pad is "schitty"! Imagine if you got mud in there. Take you a week to clean it out even if at all possible!

regards
JohnT

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It's a design failure, probably melted during shipment . If that is not the case then their QC has gone to chitt. I'll keep buying Howa's and German guns .

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
It's a design failure, probably melted during shipment . If that is not the case then their QC has gone to chitt. I'll keep buying Howa's and German guns .

Looks like it got pinched by something which stretched it outward. Wonder what the shipping box looked like? iddave didn't say. For all we know, the damage may have occurred at Weatherby, during shipment or at the local store that received it.

Call it a blessing in disguise and replace with a Limbsaver, Pachmayr or Kick-eez.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All mine look excellent. They also shoot great since they house Criterion ballers.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wbyfan1

Ditto

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

482 members (160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 222ND, 1Longbow, 38 invisible), 1,730 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,229
Posts18,447,718
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.