Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by persiandog
a few negatives about Boise :

1- worst drivers in the US ( google it )
2- they are obsessed with lawn care , sound of lawn mowers all day
3- flies and other insects because of #2

the positives are many and already mentioned.

That made me curious so I did google it. A US News article using statistics from Allstate shows:
The 10 Cities With the Worst Drivers

Oakland, California
Alexandria, Virginia
Providence, Rhode Island
Springfield, Massachusetts
Los Angeles, California
Glendale, California
Worcester, Massachusetts
Boston, Massachusetts
Washington, D.C.
Baltimore, Maryland

If I start hearing people say "khakis" when they're looking to start the car, I'm outta here...

https://idahonews.com/news/local/boise-drivers-are-the-second-worst-in-the-country-study-says

BOISE, Idaho (CBS 2) — Boise drivers apparently need to head back to driver's training.

Or at least slowdown and pay attention.

According to QuoteWizard.com, Boise drivers are the second-worst in the county out of 75 major cities.

The City of Trees was in a respectable (we think?) 27th position last year but made the unfortunate leap in 2019.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Smog and grid lock

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Sounds typical.

My next door neighbor is Cali transplant and he was not here a week when he started running his mouth. It has never stopped. Nothing is satisfactory for that guy compared to where he came from, but if you ask him, he loves it here and would never go back..

That happens so often here I started telling them Hey if you have so many fond memories of California you should have stayed there. You're in Oregon now, you need to learn to be an Oregonian.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Sounds typical.

My next door neighbor is Cali transplant and he was not here a week when he started running his mouth. It has never stopped. Nothing is satisfactory for that guy compared to where he came from, but if you ask him, he loves it here and would never go back..

That happens so often here I started telling them Hey if you have so many fond memories of California you should have stayed there. You're in Oregon now, you need to learn to be an Oregonian.

Californians often don't do well away from California. Apart from the politics, living there is easy/convenient. Many are lured away, selling their homes at tremendous profit and moving to more "affordable" places (like Montana), only to find after a couple of winters they wish they'd never left. But if they want to move back they've lost their old (low) real estate tax basis and are now financially locked out of returning. Obviously with substantial income/wealth it's not an issue, but for most it is.

Personally, I like a lot of the Californians here in Montana. If you can last five winters here you might belong here. They bring a bit of interest/difference to what would be a more "monotone" culture. People are just people, and I take them how I find them. Painting with a broad brush is always a mistake when it comes to fellow humans.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad

Sounds typical.

Californians often don't do well away from California. Apart from the politics, living there is easy/convenient. Many are lured away, selling their homes at tremendous profit and moving to more "affordable" places (like Montana), only to find after a couple of winters they wish they'd never left. But if they want to move back they've lost their old (low) real estate tax basis and are now financially locked out of returning. Obviously with substantial income/wealth it's not an issue, but for most it is.

Personally, I like a lot of the Californians here in Montana. If you can last five winters here you might belong here. They bring a bit of interest/difference to what would be a more "monotone" culture. People are just people, and I take them how I find them. Painting with a broad brush is always a mistake when it comes to fellow humans.

That "take people as they are" attitude is why I ended up in Idaho. It certainly is still there in East Idaho (and I do just fine behind the Zion Curtain). Not sure is Boise still has that Idaho culture though. I don't really believe it is compatible with big city living.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Californians can't seem to "leave it" there. They won't shut up about it. If I wanted to know all about California I'd go there.

I never go there.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sounds typical.

Admit it Brad, you like building them expensive homes....... a little biased maybe?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar

Sounds typical.

Admit it Brad, you like building them expensive homes....... a little biased maybe?

I do like building quality homes, but I can't see how anything I've written has anything to do with that. Especially given I've yet to build a home for a Californian.

I take people as I find them...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
housing is still not too bad
a 80 grand house now sells for 500 grand in just a couple days --most are low end sub division
made a offer on a home last week for 840 two days later seller cancelled the sale

realtor said they got a million dollar offer
anything cheap in alabama

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

Sounds typical.

I do like building quality homes, but I can't see how anything I've written has anything to do with that. Especially given I've yet to build a home for a Californian.

I take people as I find them...

I wasn't questioning your assertion regarding many Californians regretting moving to Mt. for the reasons you cited.....

I was addressing the fact you had no problem with the west coast immigrants.....

You could have agreed with me that you enjoy a good career making money off the movement..... a position that many would understand considering the difficulty of making a good wage in Mt.

But you apparently chose to accept and even like the culture ( I.E. diversity) the Californians bring..... so do you share their ideology?

Have you been paying attention to current events? do you want that in Montana? hmmmmmm

And yes I know there are many fine conservative from Calif. but they are a very small minority.... I have several Calif. transplants in my immediate neighborhood and they think they are conservative. They are anything but !

Me and my neighbors (mostly me) have been battling them and winning.... a miserable controlling bunch of fools they are. I have cost them thousands in attorney fee's...... smile

Last edited by irfubar; 07/02/20.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.