Print Thread
Hop To
G
greydog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
There is a petition, which claims to have significant support, to change the name of the Simon Fraser University football team, now known as The Clan. This, of course is in reference to the Scottish heritage of the area. The argument is that the name brings to mind the Ku Klux Klan. This shows that today's University students can't spell (it's Klan with a "K", you freakin' idiots) and it demonstrates that we of Celtic and Gaelic heritage have to acknowledge that it is we who are under attack by the idiotic left and stand up.
I would imagine, in order to satisfy the minorities, the name of the team should be changed to the Gang or the Tribe. If the university caves to this BS, they need to be defunded. GD

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, besides, if they change it, it would probably be something in Mandarin, anyways..... wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Those Russian bots are everywhere.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It has nothing to do with the Scottish heritage of the area, Simon Fraser was a Nor'wester mapper.And a good one. The fur trade needed maps. BC's main river is named after him. I agree.. They should change the name, to the Highland Clan. My old university sits on top of a mountain.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
G
greydog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Most of the Nor'westers and Hudsons Bay men were Scottish but sowed their seed widely. In recent years though, most of their descendants prefer to accentuate their Indian (or indigenous, if you prefer) heritage, no matter how diluted, in support of the anti-white faction and, I suspect, to justify their need to whine about something.
The university can change the name to whatever they want; as long as the change isn't in response to a bunch of liberals having their panties bunch up over the phonetic resemblance of the name to a foreign-based group of masked criminals. GD

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HBC preferred to recruit from the Outer Hebrides, when the traders moved in with the locals, their standard of living went up. This was still going on within our lifetimes, barely. One of the guys I worked with had been a trader, he had walked down from Scotland to London to sign up. Some interesting stories he told.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 35 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.