-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Feel the need to vent a bit. My family moved to Columbus Ohio from Ashland Ky. in 1967. I was 7 years old. I'm 60 now. My late Mother was a factory worker, and my Dad was a construction worker. My two brothers and I went to Columbus Public schools through High School. I started the Columbus Police Academy in June 1985. I served for 33 years retiring in June 2018. I worked 7 years as a patrol officer on 3rd shift in the inner city mostly black neighborhood. I was a helicopter pilot for 13 years, then was a member of the Narcotics Tactical Team for 6 years being involved in over 1000 dynamic entry search warrants. I finished my career with 7 years as a plain clothed Detective. Now, the Leftist Mayor of Columbus is systematically trying to tear down the Police department I love. He says they are "too militaristic". he plans to take all rifles from cruisers and tactical units. He wants to do away with the helicopters and Armored SWAT Bearcat vehicles. The mayor announced a panel of people to study racism in the police department yesterday. Most of them are radical fringe community activists. He also had the statue of Christopher Columbus removed yesterday. People in this country had better wake up before it's too late! By the way, I moved out of the city limits of Columbus 20 years ago. OK, I feel better now.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Smart move. The Bolsheviks will burn Columbus.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And he ran uncontested in the latest election. It speaks volumes the level of [bleep] that city is.

Last edited by RemModel8; 07/02/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ahh the good people of E Livingston Ave.....wonderful area of CBUS.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The reason jerks like this get elected is because, when it starts to get bad, decent and competent people, such as yourself, move to the suburbs. The same thing happened in Cleveland. For awhile the dems tried a Berlin Wall strategy, preventing white (and black) flight by making all city employees live in the city. But the Ohio Supreme Court struck that down.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a smart tactical move to demilitarize forces that could help keep a power hungry federal government in check.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only problem I've ever had with Columbus is that it's full of the people that live there.

And they're the ones who elected Ginthner mayor.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Feel the need to vent a bit. My family moved to Columbus Ohio from Ashland Ky. in 1967. I was 7 years old. I'm 60 now. My late Mother was a factory worker, and my Dad was a construction worker. My two brothers and I went to Columbus Public schools through High School. I started the Columbus Police Academy in June 1985. I served for 33 years retiring in June 2018. I worked 7 years as a patrol officer on 3rd shift in the inner city mostly black neighborhood. I was a helicopter pilot for 13 years, then was a member of the Narcotics Tactical Team for 6 years being involved in over 1000 dynamic entry search warrants. I finished my career with 7 years as a plain clothed Detective. Now, the Leftist Mayor of Columbus is systematically trying to tear down the Police department I love. He says they are "too militaristic". he plans to take all rifles from cruisers and tactical units. He wants to do away with the helicopters and Armored SWAT Bearcat vehicles. The mayor announced a panel of people to study racism in the police department yesterday. Most of them are radical fringe community activists. He also had the statue of Christopher Columbus removed yesterday. People in this country had better wake up before it's too late! By the way, I moved out of the city limits of Columbus 20 years ago. OK, I feel better now.

Ron

Thanks for your years of service. Unfortunately they never appreciate the fact you risked your life to make the lives of inner city safer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
KFWA, How soon they forget!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.